mixed survival and normal survival loot the same or different?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In nightmare there is 0 difference between mix mode and normal survival.

behold patch notes for 7.14 at the bottom it says very clearly that mix mode loot have been bumped up

* Hosting Pure-Strat or Survival now requires having beaten the level at LEAST at that difficulty beforehand
* Reduced UMF2 Ogre Health
* Reduced Joust Knockback on Nightmare
* No respawns allowed in combat-phase now on Nightmare UMF/UMF2

* Reduced Mythical-Loot Upgrade Cost Ramp by 40%
* Nightmare Difficulty Game-Search Filter now works
* Fixed UMF Moon-walking enemy/stuckage bug
* Uber Monster Fests Client framerate is now uncapped with <= 4 players in the game
* Mythical-class Armor can now have Armor Upgrades > 25% damage reduction, but beyond 25% upgrades of such defensive stats are only granted every 10th level -- very useful for beefing up your resistances on Nightmare to climb up to maximum resistance

* Added "Etherian Holiday Extravaganza!" Event
* Made Repair Time on High-HP Defenses take much less time
* Self-Healing Cost & Time on Nightmare now matches the other difficulty modes

* Made "Mythical" Quality Full-Armor Sets yield 30% Full-Set bonus as opposed to regular Qualities' 25% bonus, Mythical Armors now can only get full-set bonus with other Mythical Armors of the same time

* Incoming Damage-Knockback is now reduced as an exponential factor of Armor Resistance
* Buffed all Nightmare Challenge reward qualities by 80%
* All Mythical-class Pets (Level Requirement 74) now do damage which scales with Hero Damage
* Increased Shroomite Pet slow-speed enemy debuff time by 50%

* Made Nightmare Mode drop better loot even at the lower waves (Wave 1 Deeper Well Nightmare is now pretty much equivalent to Wave 14 Insane Glitter etc), & Nightmare Campaign generally drop better loot
* Made Nightmare Survival & Mix High-Waves Drop Loot on Par with Nightmare UMF
* Made Nightmare Survival & Mix have more Ogres depending on the Wave number

and during the patch discussion it was said that they do stack.. the problem is that most people do full games so at that point youll never notice it because there is a "cap" to the loot quality multiplier... but if you played it by yourself youll actually see a loot quality increase

behold patch notes for 7.14 at the bottom it says very clearly that mix mode loot have been bumped up

* Hosting Pure-Strat or Survival now requires having beaten the level at LEAST at that difficulty beforehand
* Reduced UMF2 Ogre Health
* Reduced Joust Knockback on Nightmare
* No respawns allowed in combat-phase now on Nightmare UMF/UMF2

* Reduced Mythical-Loot Upgrade Cost Ramp by 40%
* Nightmare Difficulty Game-Search Filter now works
* Fixed UMF Moon-walking enemy/stuckage bug
* Uber Monster Fests Client framerate is now uncapped with <= 4 players in the game
* Mythical-class Armor can now have Armor Upgrades > 25% damage reduction, but beyond 25% upgrades of such defensive stats are only granted every 10th level -- very useful for beefing up your resistances on Nightmare to climb up to maximum resistance

* Added "Etherian Holiday Extravaganza!" Event
* Made Repair Time on High-HP Defenses take much less time
* Self-Healing Cost & Time on Nightmare now matches the other difficulty modes

* Made "Mythical" Quality Full-Armor Sets yield 30% Full-Set bonus as opposed to regular Qualities' 25% bonus, Mythical Armors now can only get full-set bonus with other Mythical Armors of the same time

* Incoming Damage-Knockback is now reduced as an exponential factor of Armor Resistance
* Buffed all Nightmare Challenge reward qualities by 80%
* All Mythical-class Pets (Level Requirement 74) now do damage which scales with Hero Damage
* Increased Shroomite Pet slow-speed enemy debuff time by 50%

* Made Nightmare Mode drop better loot even at the lower waves (Wave 1 Deeper Well Nightmare is now pretty much equivalent to Wave 14 Insane Glitter etc), & Nightmare Campaign generally drop better loot

and during the patch discussion it was said that they do stack.. the problem is that most people do full games so at that point youll never notice it because there is a "cap" to the loot quality multiplier... but if you played it by yourself youll actually see a loot quality increase

Actually in NM Mix Mpde does not affect drops. Someone posted code, straight from the DDK, proving this. Gonna go dig up the post.

Actually in NM Mix Mpde does not affect drops. Someone posted code, straight from the DDK, proving this. Gonna go dig up the post.

did the same person also dig up th source code in regards to the loot multiplier?

It doesnt say NM Survival MM drops better loot than NM Survival w/o MM.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?38125-Request-for-Video-At-least-one-full-wave-%2825-%29-of-Misty-NM-Survival/page4

There ya go. Verified by Sakisan who is known for understanding of the game code and disproving people using it.

ok... that just shows the mixmode and nm scaling wave for it to be true and verified he needed to post what the normal nightmare mode is. and the cap on loot scaling. but since neither was done all you have is heresay.. but it does affect the loot drop.

try it for yourself 1 person only.. only way youll notice it.. full party it will cap out so you wont notice it.

the devs said it does affect the drop rate also in countless threads during that patch.

ok... that just shows the mixmode and nm scaling wave for it to be true and verified he needed to post what the normal nightmare mode is. and the cap on loot scaling. but since neither was done all you have is heresay.. but it does affect the loot drop.

try it for yourself 1 person only.. only way youll notice it.. full party it will cap out so you wont notice it.

Uh, read the code. It says if the difficulty is less than Nightmare it scales the loot to be better. Not if the difficulty is equal to or less than Nightmare.

Uh, read the code. It says if the difficulty is less than Nightmare it scales the loot to be better. Not if the difficulty is equal to or less than Nightmare.

you read the code. and then test it out.. and you tell me if that code is working the way it should?

The first time I finished wave 30 Misty NM HC (non MM), I was insanely disappointed in its loots. Nothing was worth the hours I spent. I thought I'd turn on Mix Mode the next run, and the loots were significantly better so I've kept Mix Mode on since then.

Either the option does give better loots, or I was just very unlucky in my first run without it; However, I didn't notice much change in terms of number/difficulty of monsters, so might as well have the box ticked. :P

It is. Various people in that thread that have reached wave 30 MM have confirmed it doesn't increase the quality of drops along with Sakisan, who again, has a much better understanding of the game than you do has verified that MM does not affect NM. I personally have reached wave 20 on both MM and non-MM. MM does not produce better quality drops in NM. Let your ego take the hit and admit to being wrong for a first.

It is. Various people in that thread that have reached wave 30 MM have confirmed it doesn't increase the quality of drops along with Sakisan, who again, has a much better understanding of the game than you do has verified that MM does not affect NM. I personally have reached wave 20 on both MM and non-MM. MM does not produce better quality drops in NM. Let your ego take the hit and admit to being wrong for a first.

how many people were in that game number 1. number 2, you havent even goten past wave 25 which is when you see the difference?
every time i have done mm the loot has been significantly better than non mm.

im not jabbing sak at all by this but what he knows and what actually is going on are two different things. the code is lets just say is theoretical science. while actually playing the game is actual science being tested.

and most if not all of you are basing your thoughts and opinions based on that piece of code which is taking out of context which doesnt have the other supporting pieces of code, being one who has mad maps on various games that involve loot drops. its never that simple, and hasnt been since mario brothers

Look. Turn on Mixed Mode on nightmare. You'll see that it does absolutely nothing to the game. it's NOT IMPLEMENTED for it yet.

No higher drop rates, no better loot. Why? because it's not any harder or even different at all.

Look. Turn on Mixed Mode on nightmare. You'll see that it does absolutely nothing to the game. it's NOT IMPLEMENTED for it yet.

No higher drop rates, no better loot. Why? because it's not any harder or even different at all.

do you know what mix mode does? it actually is technically harder.. but most of us are geared for it.. so we dont notice it one bit. its there. half you guys play with fullhouses so like i said youll never notice it

do you know what mix mode does? it actually is technically harder.. but most of us are geared for it.. so we dont notice it one bit. its there. half you guys play with fullhouses so like i said youll never notice it

Should be, not is. It is conspiracy that is making you believe it is more challenging at this current time. After you learn to read the code, your argument may be a little bit different. However you unfortunately are someone that even doing so will not convince you otherwise.

Should be, not is. It is conspiracy that is making you believe it is more challenging at this current time. After you learn to read the code, your argument may be a little bit different. However you unfortunately are someone that even doing so will not convince you otherwise.

again the code is theory,, how it works is different... when does the code ever work every time to the way its written? and as i stated in my post mm IS harder but we are way over geared for it... now someone whos just starting to do nightmare willhave extremem difficulty with mm... what they need to do is make it randomly generate creeps.. so that its possible to have an ogre on wave 1

I've noticed that on Ramparts NM, monsters spawn differently (especially the wyverns) for Mix Mode and non-Mix Mode.

I was under the impression that hardcore mode's effect wasn't found in the code either, yet it clearly has has an effect in-game.

Thefayde can't admit to being wrong, it's known fact. No point in arguing when you are correct. I guarantee if a dev came in and said MM has no affect he'd still argue it.

Thefayde can't admit to being wrong, it's known fact. No point in arguing when you are correct. I guarantee if a dev came in and said MM has no affect he'd still argue it.

yup i would.. cause the fact is that it affects the loot. doubt if you will.. but id put this on my grandfathers grave who died literally last week. in 1 person nmmm the loot is affected