Barbarian is Missing (Release Date now Tuesday 1/31)

Seriously, you're just trolling at this point (or you don't know how to use a computer and search a little bit...)

Have you seen the trailer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39TKSSMClIA

There are, like, 8 or 9 new maps...

well i wasnt trolling about mysty campaign being only 4maps as far as could make out, and yes ive seen that video quite a few times, i just can only make out about 4 different maps from it, and since the first part of mysty was released already and it had 1 single campaign map, thats just what i figured, i really wasnt trolling...

however if you are thinking that its obviously more like 8 or 9 maps, then that really is good news, and i really hope you are right about that, that would make a decent size campaign, sorry if my observation skills are lacking heh

[url=http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12994/]About the Game
Now that your Dungeon’s been defended, prepare to venture outside into the realms of Etheria in The Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards! Travel across the land of Etheria and visit the Mistymire Forest, desert city of Morrago, underwater depths of Aquanos, and the heights of Sky City to collect the lost Eternia Shards and uncover their secrets! Along the way you’ll find tons of new weapons, new enemies to fight, new bosses, new pets, and more!

This DLC pack will give you access to Part I-IV of the Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards as they are released. Each pack contains 4 new missions, new cinematics, a new enemy, a new boss, a new pet, new items, a new character skin, and more. This bundle also includes early access to Nightmare Mode for all original and upcoming missions, a new difficulty setting yielding incredible rewards and incorporating enemies from the DLC packs.[/url]

thats 16 missions total, 8 new maps (maybe if we go by what was in Part 1)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well technically we did get four "missions" (but only 2 maps):
Mistymire Forest (campaign)
Portal Defense (On Mistymire)
Uber Lifestream Hollow MonsterFest (Lifestream Hollow)
Lifestream Hollow PvP (on Lifestream Hollow)

it's kind of a stretch to call the PvP thing a "mission" though.

yeah, that's what I guessed, but I wasn't sure. I figured they would follow the same model as the original game, where a chapter is composed of 4 maps with a boss fight on the final one. Misty is only the last map of DLC 1.

Who said you won't get all 4 shard DLCs? Patches? Yea, no one said that.

Actually, if I could be bothered to find where it was... There's a link to a facebook post by a dev saying "Consoles will not see all of the Lost Eternia Shards DLC". It's pretty old news. Most of us have just been assuming that only means no extra challenges that PC is getting, though I'm sure our hopes will be dashed in due course.

I think they said Lost Eternia Shards will be available on console, just not the costumes and free map they added on PC outside this big DLC.

oh yeah right, i was talking about the actual campaign of shards, when you click the purple bar at teh top and see the "campaign" not the challenge stuff... so it is just 4 maps for the shard campaign :S oh well

im not slating the challenge stuff, i think UMF is amazing, and i love the assault stuff... i was just referring to the "shard campaign"... oh well if its just 4 maps hopefully it means there will be another 3 campaigns, with enough quest items/shards whatever, to combine to open some uber campaign with some really special item(s) to be had from really super hard monsters...

if they do something like that, i could happily play this game for years and years and years and years to come...
id happily pay another 10 each for other 3 campaigns also, and keep buying anything else like costumes and other event type maps, this would make it a 50 core game and with lots of easy costumes (eeveryone loves hats) the whole thing could be financially viable for trendy...

heres to hoping ;)

its all in the end game - 1000hours game play is mega work for a games company, and nothing for the gamer to get thro... easier to make a 300hours gameplay game (they already have that(ishy)) and infinitetise the end game...

Well, being honest it did say that Dungeon Defenders had a beta thing running in the patch notes. It was harpoon rotation speed +20% and Squire Towers health buffed 50%. I dunno, still, there was a drumroll.

Well FF XIII-2 gets released today as well, so theres that to look forward to.

In any case, once the new content is released patching will go back to normal as im sure theres going to be alot of stuff they'll be fixing in the 1st week.

The correct way forward?

Hi Hitmonchan

Thanks for your forum post informing us of the delay.
I notice a lot of people are feeling a bit angry about this delay and I also felt seriously frustrated to read this yesterday.
I hope that it's clear thought that the root of this anger and frustration in the forum is not due to the delay itself (I'm pretty sure we're all accustomed to delays by now) but due to the LACK OF TIMELY COMMUNICATION. If you announced on Friday that things are a bit behind schedule and the date has been pushed back a day you'd have a very different picture to now with people who have been hanging around online all day waiting with baited breath for a patch that didn't materialise. Also I'd recommend posting to your news page in future, most people I spoke to are completely unaware of your announced delay.

Just my 2 cents

Well FF XIII-2 gets released today as well, so theres that to look forward to.

In any case, once the new content is released patching will go back to normal as im sure theres going to be alot of stuff they'll be fixing in the 1st week.

Eager to play that game myself, but it'll have to wait. Still not entirely finished with Final Hallway 13.

It really isnt that hard to survive another day for me... I survived 10 years of game development and it is still being amost 'endless' delayed, over and over again. I'm talking about Diablo.

So, anyone did already hear a warcry out there in Eternia

heh, i was whining about steam release schedule before the delay was announced... and why shouldnt I ? the hidden / not so hidden "thanks/btw/my 2cents/tip toe/political crazyness" was fairly easy to spot : use one more sentence to clarify times/dates across for different zones, they are selling to a world wide market...

I had a magnitude more to moan about when the delay was announced after steam was due to push the dlc out... heh you are a company selling a product around the world en mass, im giving you the respect of treating you like one, and not a bunch of kids in my class showing off their latest demoz...

Then when i saw the announcement : first thing you see is a white page with scribbles on it, then you get a joke story about something not even real...., well talk about rubbing in salt... heh

but if you wanna pretend your the friends in the school class, thats unfortunate for you, because you arent...

Just my 4 cents

FYI everyone, you can ignore a user by visiting his profile and click "add to ignore list".
It may become pretty useful.

Syl, i wouldnt worry too much, as soon as the mods wake up my posts will disappear and your bubble will be protected.. sorry if reality hurts tho heh...

FYI everyone, you can ignore a user by visiting his profile and click "add to ignore list".
It may become pretty useful.

Oh good. That's a nice function. thanks! :) TIL

I may be new to this forum, but I have been playing DD religiously for quite a while now, across 3 different platforms (iPhone, Xbox, and PC), and I have absolutely nothing but pure praise for this game. However, I feel as though I will have to side with rodrazorwire when it comes to this matter. And yes, I understand that this is the real world where delays and hold-ups are unpredictable, and quite often unpreventable. However, I feel that it is a little disappointing that Trendy would announce a release date to the community, without absolutely knowing whether or not the content would actually be ready by that date, and in this case it obviously wasn't ready.

It would be one thing if this was the first time for this to occur for Trendy, but it's not, the Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards pt. 1 content that was released on the Xbox Live marketplace had an announced release date that in the end was approximately two days prior to when it was actually released, and these setbacks were noted and announced to the community, so it isn't Xbox Live who caused the setback.

I am still going to eagerly download and play the living hell out of the new DLC, I just think that it's time for Trendy to start being a little bit more professional. They have created a game that is practically single-handedly taking their company to the top, so I'm sorry if I am wrong but, it's kinda time to start acting like it. Sure, we ALL know games have delays, but it would be a cold day in hell if we were informed that Skyrim, MW3, or any other major game was gonna take one more day to be ready as we stood in the midnight release lines.

None of this changes my love for DD, I just think that a large majority of Defenders such as myself would like to be able to put a little faith into the next DLC release date we are given.

*Grow up* -classic

Many people on these forums ought to be more respectful. If this isn't an excellent case of "1st World Problems" I don't know what is. So many of you are acting like Trendy just committed some terrible crime against you.

1. If a company isn't reliable in providing dates, deal with it. You should already know what to expect, so don't waste your time complaining. Need I bring up Valve-Time or Blizzard-Time?

2. Trendy has done a hell of a good job with this game so far in my opinion, and based on how much other people have played it, I'd say many agree.

3. Crap happens. People make plans for a game, they find problems, they must fix problems. They can't just magically think everything is ready because nothing is ever truly "ready", there's always SOME problem.

4. After all they've given us, minor inconveniences such as these are not a big deal. Trendy and Hitmonchan do not need or deserve 14 pages of almost unanimous rudeness in the Patch Update they gave.

5. This is a 1st World Problem, any of you who actually plan out your days to incorporate the release of video game DLC should be prepared to face the possible sadness of it not delivering. I'm sure you've all got other things you could do in the mean time, be they chores, work, or other games.

6. I've been lurking these forums since around the release of Dungeon Defenders, and I can say unequivocally that there was great disdain toward them for releasing ANYTHING that had issues with it. Atheos made a great point about this. In just a short time, people are now lambasting Trendy for delaying the DLC so they had time to improve it and release it with fewer issues/no game-breaking issues.

And lastly, as someone said in the Patch Thread,

6. "If you can't make a date don't put it out there, or at least leave wiggle room."

That statement is fine. It is direct and mature, (though it ignores the reality of my #3 point [nothing can ever be 100% definite]). Unfortunately, the person who posted this did so with a bunch of other commentary that really wasn't needed. This person, and many of the other people posting, failed at arriving at JUST that kind of statement without all the other negativity.

And as for the joke, with the Barbarian and his writing. I thought it was hilarious and creative. It may not have been much, but someone went out of their way to create that Barbarian joke knowing that this delay of a projected "1" day, would upset others. Maybe you didn't like the joke, okay, maybe you're so focused on how they messed up on delivering today that any attempt at humor pisses you off, okay, maybe you're tired of Trendy not delivering on dates exactly, okay, these are all valid reactions.

Unfortunately, many people provided these reactions coated in venom. I hope you realize Trendy is a company full of different people with different backgrounds and emotions. Be aware of this, as we don't know how our responses to their actions could affect them.

In short,

To those at Trendy, and especially those who have positions of power which dictate release dates:

We appreciate the level of feedback we receive, patch notes, and your dedication to this game. We would, however, greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't announce release dates before you are, to the best of your ability, certain something is ready. It may not be that big of an issue for some of us, (like me), and you may only delay content a day, or a month, the reality is that many people are impatient and get locked on projected release dates.

Thank you. I hope we can all get along better. I guess I reached my limit after all this time of lurking on the forums and decided I had to post something about the attitudes being thrown around.

lol one day ? like i said im an half decent astrologer, we will see how everyone feels next week when no one has the barb still...

also its a free world, why not let people express their opinions, personally i dont know how people interpret others, but i really love trendy and the great game i now have to play... sure im hypercritical, but thats just how i show my love :)

im really sorry if some people are misunderstanding me, but my all my posts have the intention of giving trendy good advice - because i love the game and want it to become the classic it should become

Well, considering my wife's birthday was today I don't mind this. ;p What I am worried about is the Barbarian himself! D:

How much must we earn to help him learn to read and write, at least as well as the majority of the internet can?

How much must we earn to help him learn to read and write, at least as well as the majority of the internet can?

my astro skills are very rusty, but according to that just over a weeks worth, i do love the assault challenges and thatll prolly keep me busy until then anyway... still i cant wait lvl a barb, i even have two 200^ lightsabers for him :D

also : ssjrockyrambo glad you reached your limit and decided to post, nicely thought out post and nice read :)

heh heh im junior defender already :D

also : Pullin08 thanks for also giving trendy enough respect to treat them seriously as well, i agree the game is great, its all i play for awhile now.

Good lord above. I don't think I've ever been subjected to a bunch of more entitled brats.
If a game patch being delayed by a day, or a week, or even a month, is going to cause such anger, it may be time to put the keyboard down, and explore this thing called real life for a few days. Maybe go help out at a soup kitchen. You know, put things in perspective...

common flawed logic of moral arrogance

wanting to improve one's own life (in however trivial a way it may be) does not equal not appreciating the needs or struggles of less fortunate people