Barbarian is Missing (Release Date now Tuesday 1/31)

I cannot wait to inflict this move on Dark Elf Warriors.
WHO'S THE FREAKIN' MARIO NOW, YOU BALD *******S?! WHO IS IT?!

If the Barbarian does the Mario dance from the Super Mario Bros. Super Show cartoon as his victory dance, I will love these devs forever.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah anyone know what time? cuz i dont feel like staying up another night, being late to another class, and falling asleep a whole nother day for no reason.

The one being selfish is you. Stop demanding things. Just because it's late doesn't mean you should get a discount. It being late means you get higher quality content. Shh.

Now you are defending your selfishness by saying I'm being selfish.

I don't mind with the delay.
Can we have the video or maybe a complete patch note?

anyone thinking of taking another day off work/school/away from family or whatever to play the new content tomorrow : i seriously do not recommend doing that... think about it, trendy said this dlc was ready a week ago and we were just waiting for steam schedule or some such, so they have found a bug that is major enough to delay the release and complex enough to not be fixable within a week, or they found that bug much later and it wasnt fixable within say a day.

Also the fact they said it was waiting with steam for a week = we cant find any bugs now, and then they find a major one(s), so they probably have a lot more bugs to find...

Trendy didnt inform us of the problem until "after" steam should have pushed it out. It's highly unlikely that this will be released tomorrow. But its your gamble to make, ofcourse if you look at the full history of this kind of thing with trendy you can gather more accurate odds as to weather this will actually get pushed out tomorrow...

And even if everything goes to plan and it does get pushed out "tommorow", tomorrow actually means tomorrow afternoon / evening for steam - so thats half your day wasted anyway, and depending where you live tomorrow could mean the day after tomorrow...

Side note : someone was complaining that the game doesnt even run, i recently brought a friend this game, and he had the same problem, but updating his graphics drivers fixed the problem and the game runs perfectly for him now...

ಠ_ಠ
I don't find it very amusing when game content is supposed to be released and then it get delayed last second.
In related rantings, my cynical side is telling me we won't see the Series EV character until march.

Neither do anyone on the console. 1 week before the end of January, "Oh yeah guys you aren't getting any of the characters that we promised you right now, oops we meant you will never get them. We got 1 dlc out of them so we're good now, bye consoles."

CinderDragon77 : yeah i feel really sorry for console players on this, they got royally shafted by trendy, and if they can do that to you guys, im really worried about the shard campaign ive already brought, and its nothing to do with the money, its the expectation of game that evaporates thats the concern, heck i spend 20s willy nillly on games ive only ever played for 1/2 hour...

anyway it looks like the shard campaign will be just 4maps... so nothing to get excited about now anyway

also btw this forum is not an accurate reflection of users feelings, as the mods remove any posts they dont like, and edit others to reflect trendy better, heck most of my posts are removed already, and the ones that havent are edited.... (although my last few have been left alone so far - i spose Finally is asleep at this time)

I don't mind with the delay.
but I want know the real date that u plan to release new patch&DLC,not a perfunctory date.

jackyown : trendy consistantly fail to predict their own release dates, asking a half decent astrologer would be more fruitfull

edit: actually i just remembered im an half decent astrologer, so i just cast a quick chart, and its looking real bad, from this chart it looks like we wont see the barb for over a week yet... oh well

im not joking, why is it when i mention i do crochet or astrology everyone thinks im joking... look : mercury rules gemini and virgo, jupiter rules sag and pisces, mars rules aries and scorpio... im really a half decent astrologer, i did a quick horary chart to see when the dlc would come, and saturn (rules delays) is all over it... oh well... so anyway that chart is pretty depressing i didnt think it would "that" delayed... time to put DD on the back burner for a bit... oh well all my chars are lvl 74 anyway... :S

edit: only thing i really care about is the barb, that was all i was thinking about when doing the astrology chart

My only question is why was this posted in General and not the Patch Notes section that all the PC users check? Or better yet... why was it not posted as an announcement (on par with the weekly Digest)?

I don't mind a delay... but please, use better means of circulation/announcement. This was posted 9 hours ago and I just found it.

anyway it looks like the shard campaign will be just 4maps... so nothing to get excited about now anyway

Seriously, you're just trolling at this point (or you don't know how to use a computer and search a little bit...)

Have you seen the trailer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39TKSSMClIA

There are, like, 8 or 9 new maps...

So we continue our journey, the huntress found a path were the search party could cross the chasm And begin to try to catch up with the barbarian. The apprentice(s) have their staves charged as to provide light on this night journey.

Huntress: you guys just follow this trail ill scout ahead if you get into trouble the hunter will cloak you.

Monk b: I really think we should all stick together, its not like any of us here other than countess honestly stand a chance to catch the him.

Squire: I can catch him.

Hunter: yeah but you draw to much attention running around in your boxers

App a: not to mention none of us feel like carrying you (term from hon and dota)

Suddenly the monk (monk a) gasps and points off into the distance, they see what could possibly a camp fire, has the barbarian settled down for the night? Or is it more aftermath of his battle prowless

Countess: hey huntress I think you and I should get a move on this might be our only chance to catch him.

Huntress: I think youre right. Hunter cloak the rest and catch up when you can.

App b: oh yay why do I get the feeling were about to run like our lives depend on it trying to chase after this barbarian.

The huntress and countess then take off like a bat out of hell towards the fires while the rest of the search party trys to keep up. Before they do the monk smiles and grins for he sense someone or something in the bushes nearby.

To be continued tomorrow, will they find the barbarian or more aftermath of his devastating abilities? What was the monk grinning for? And what is following them

-fwded from the search party

Pssh. We just need to realize is Trendy is adopting Valve time.

AH ha ha ha ha! That's great! :D

Thefayde: Thank you for your entertaining story. I'm enjoying it more than I should and can't wait for the next episode.... Or the release of the barbarian heh.

AH ha ha ha ha! That's great! :D

Thefayde: Thank you for your entertaining story. I'm enjoying it more than I should and can't wait for the next episode.... Or the release of the barbarian heh.

just trying to make light of the situation thats all

Aye, it's what we need. I only wish I had thought of it first. :D It's too bad people are getting their knickers in a bunch. It actually works out well for me that it's tomorrow too. I'll be at school and wont be checking the forums/steam every 20 min until after I get home at 7:00.

I've had it with this game! We've got no patch, we've got no barbarian, our pets heads are falling off...

lmao made my morning...

well back on topic, i somehow understand how people are waiting, but comeon, how can you be that impatient, that you can't even wait a single day... i guess trendys already working as much as possible getting it out to us...

Now you are defending your selfishness by saying I'm being selfish.

Stop being a big baby. "Wah wah I didn't get my content now I will throw a fit"

Neither do anyone on the console. 1 week before the end of January, "Oh yeah guys you aren't getting any of the characters that we promised you right now, oops we meant you will never get them. We got 1 dlc out of them so we're good now, bye consoles."

Psh, console elitist is coming into PC threads. I don't see anyone shooing you away or raging that you're posting here. Don't know why you're talking about console issues here though on top of putting lies in Trendy's mouth. Who said you won't get all 4 shard DLCs? Patches? Yea, no one said that.

well i wasnt trolling about mysty campaign being only 4maps as far as could make out, and yes ive seen that video quite a few times, i just can only make out about 4 different maps from it, and since the first part of mysty was released already and it had 1 single campaign map, thats just what i figured, i really wasnt trolling...

however if you are thinking that its obviously more like 8 or 9 maps, then that really is good news, and i really hope you are right about that, that would make a decent size campaign, sorry if my observation skills are lacking heh

thanks for the great news tho :) i was getting a bit mythed with the situation nice one ;)

arg i wish i could be wrong about the predicted barb date, was really looking forward to playing this... unfortunately im a half decent astrologer, and almost never wrong :S ---i am out of practice, hopefully i missed the cant do this thing :D...

oh well...