Barbarian is Missing (Release Date now Tuesday 1/31)

God, that Tapatalk spam is soooooooooo annoying to see lmao. What a way to force product awareness. That alone is reason enough to NEVER use it.
While you're definitely not alone, I figure if that's the worst thing I have to complain about, I've had a pretty decent day ;)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While you're definitely not alone, I figure if that's the worst thing I have to complain about, I've had a pretty decent day ;)

I don't worry about it being a day or so late. The longer it takes USUALLY is directly related to how much higher quality it will be over what it would have been. If a bug is fixed a bug is fixed and that's one less patch afterwards.

Not the place to mention duke nukem though. Talk about vaporware. Time != quality in that case :P

agree except they kinda did give a heads up by not posting a date in the upcoming patch notes thread which they do every time they submit it to steam

i was just curious if you ever actually said anything else? scratch that apparently you do but its with the same, i'm always right never question me, the only people that could possible know more then me are from TE and even they may not know as much as i do about how these things work. Get off your pedestal we got your point about the patch date not being posted when you said it the first time and being as this is the 10th or so time I've read it in only about two threads i'm sick of it.
back on topic
i'd rather they make changes before the patch is released then after and stick with what seems to be there general trend of letting bugs persist for weeks to months.

I don't worry about it being a day or so late. The longer it takes USUALLY is directly related to how much higher quality it will be over what it would have been. If a bug is fixed a bug is fixed and that's one less patch afterwards.

Not the place to mention duke nukem though. Talk about vaporware. Time != quality in that case :P

Very true. While I can easily understand everyone's frustrations surrounding this delay, I have to admit that I'm actually kinda glad it got pushed back a day. I'm broke and don't get paid until tomorrow. Now I won't feel like I'm missing out for 24 hours.

Sorry everyone, but this works nicely for me.

/selfish

ಠ_ಠ
I don't find it very amusing when game content is supposed to be released and then it get delayed last second.
In related rantings, my cynical side is telling me we won't see the Series EV character until march.

Sorry to be so sour about this, I've had a rough weekend at work and I have to work again today. I was hoping to play with the barbarian a bit today but that can wait.

i was just curious if you ever actually said anything else? scratch that apparently you do but its with the same, i'm always right never question me, the only people that could possible know more then me are from TE and even they may not know as much as i do about how these things work. Get off your pedestal we got your point about the patch date not being posted when you said it the first time and being as this is the 10th or so time I've read it in only about two threads i'm sick of it.
back on topic
i'd rather they make changes before the patch is released then after and stick with what seems to be there general trend of letting bugs persist for weeks to months.

youve might have gotten the point both others havent,

another patch not released on time....

Trendy you guys need to learn to stick to a date you set. If you intend on getting a bigger player base you need to stick to the dates you set. Not these stupid excuses like the image on the front page. Because im sure im not the only one thinking that the patch releases now will always be late and we will have weak excuses like this one

Trendy you guys need to learn to stick to a date you set. If you intend on getting a bigger player base you need to stick to the dates you set. Not these stupid excuses like the image on the front page. Because im sure im not the only one thinking that the patch releases now will always be late and we will have weak excuses like this one

The weak excuse you refer to is a patch that did not pass Beta/UAT(User Acceptance Testing)? Umm...what is a good excuse then if not being up to quality is a bad reason?

Edit:: Truth be told, TE should never give a date until Steam/VALVe has it. But then everyone would whine and complain about not having a date and thus not being able to plan or some other reason. My point being that you are mad because they are following feedback of the community and fixing something instead of releasing a broken patch.

Thank you for the update, Trendy. I'm sorry you can do nothing right by the community. I remain excited to play the additions to your game.

I'm with evoliphant, I'm gonna quit too, I was going to commit suicide because of these lies from trendy, but instead I will spite them by not playing their game because they lied so hard... I need barbarian and patch today, not tomorrow, don't you understand????

mmm patch is gonna be late, its ok... i bet it was because the barbarian was OP.... better nerf Irelia >.

mmm patch is gonna be late, its ok... i bet it was because the barbarian was OP.... better nerf Irelia >.<

You leave my sexy out of this. You jelly Irelia can 1v5.

get angry moar.
its just a freiking update, its gonna be around forever when it does come out, so chill the hell out.

also irelia is a boss

Doesn't anyone think we should get a discount for the entire 31st because of the blatant lies?

No. Just you.

Doesn't anyone think we should get a discount for the entire 31st because of the blatant lies?

If you went with that logic, he'd be free - originally we were told he'd be out mid-november, after all.

Anyways, asking for a discount because they spent more time working on him (and therefore more money) is, well... unfair? He's already over 2 months late, what's one more day?

So much butthurt in this thread.

I'm not going to lie by saying I'm happy about the delay, but let's pit patience versus stability:

P: Barbarian comes out later, but he doesn't have any game-breaking bugs or glitches and such, making him much more enjoyable to use
S: Barbarian comes out sooner, but whatever the admins are scrambling to fix ends up destroying any instance of the game the new class appears in

Your opinions may vary, but I'm inclined to go with patience. Look at it from the dev team's point of view: I'm sure they'd rather spend an extra day or so fixing the problem rather than have the entire userbase scream at them about said problem for a week.

And I'll throw in my own two cents: I was pleasantly surprised to see the admins making light of the issue with that joke. Most other game companies and such don't do that, opting to act "professional" and sounding like drones. These guys are actually trying to connect with the userbase, and that's a feat in and of itself. I will admit that they could've done better with the joke-to-apology ratio, though...

Maybe other people might agree? Don't be selfish.

The one being selfish is you. Stop demanding things. Just because it's late doesn't mean you should get a discount. It being late means you get higher quality content. Shh.

Wishful thinking, Carver, Wishful thinking.

I can understand everyone's disappointment, but please put it in perspective. One day is next to nothing, when you stop a moment to consider all the times that various game release-dates were pushed back for months at a time.

Also...

I cannot wait to inflict this move on Dark Elf Warriors.
WHO'S THE FREAKIN' MARIO NOW, YOU BALD *******S?! WHO IS IT?!