Barbarian is Missing (Release Date now Tuesday 1/31)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is missing. Fortunately I do know how to write and I write to tell you that I bought food with the money I was going to put on steam because of this.

Good day.

yes yes its all said, but youre fault for assuming and not listening to me :D... maybe next time youll check patch notes thread. even their own mod was wrong.

but hopefully well have it tomorrow..

I knew this comment was coming. I remember when there were dozens of threads/comment on every patch release because it was broken and allowed people to exploit its problems before it was fixed a few hours or days later. Numerous people said they would rather wait a few more days for tested content than have patches released like they were.

Fast forward 30 days.. and we have people mad because they are doing too much testing/adjusting prior to release.

Thanks for Generalizing my post and missing the point, Glad I knew that would be comming. Point was and still is, just be straight up with the community. Don't wait for the discussion thread to reach 24-28 pages full of WHEN IS IT COMMING to say "oops". Just come out and say it, and try the best you can to do it ahead of all the hype.

testing is one thing.. its been in beta according to them for a week now.. so any hard critical bugs should have been found.
were getting FOUR updates in this.. a premium dlc assault map pack.. a premium dlc character.. and the DLC for eternia part 2... and substantial bug fixes for the core game.

keeping all 4 back because theres a problem with ONE of them.. is where its worth getting annoyed over.
trendy used to come out with 4-5 patches a day for hot fixes.
So theres no reason to hold EVERYTHING back because say one tweak still in testing for an assault map.. or some animation bug for the barbarian.

Testing is good..but DEMANDING that bug fixes MUST without fail be TIED to dlc.. this is where im drawing the line and putting my foot down.
ive got 4 friends that are being HAMMERED by the map change crash bug.. and have refused to play the game till it gets fixed... because till it IS fixed.. the game for them is unplayable.
and this VERY needed bug fix just KEEPS getting pushed back becuase of some premium dlc.. no.. some people DO have a right to complain.

Heh.... Man... I'm honestly fine with everything coming out later to get tested a but more..... but ever since those patch notes went up of;;; folder and subfolder support.... ME WANT ME WANT.... cause god trying to organize items and figure out exactly what the hell I have and where is hurting my brain >< Would love a heres the folder support... the rest needs tested and be released tomorrow (Which is fully not practical...... but I still wish. lol)

Oh well. If they submit it to Valve tonight so it comes out early tomorrow I'll be happy :) Just please not late tomorrow night. (Of course I'll still play either way, but stilll.... like to be happy.

some people DO have a right to complain.

Absolutely! Everyone that is upset has the right to complain.

It just doesn't mean it will accomplish anything. Trendy isn't going to change their mind and release today because people complained. If Trendy feels the best decision is to delay the next patch to make sure it is working properly, they are still going to do it.

This will come as a shock to most people in these forums.. but I'm willing to bet Trendy actually considered and weighed the option of waiting a day versus releasing a patch/DLC that needed some work first. They put themselves in the shoes of the player and tried to make the best decision they could.

Everyone complaining has one perspective.. their own.

I'm upset too.. have been upset every time Trendy has released stuff 1 day - 1 year after they said they would. Have been upset every time a patch was released with exploits that allowed some players to get lots of broken stuff and free mana. I just try to keep in mind that they are awesome and doing the best they can. I have never created or released a game. So it is hard for me to know all that goes into what they do. I try to give them something my parents called "the benefit of the doubt"... it's pretty rare these days.. but it still exists.

I feel bad for hitmonchan... 2 digests.. both with inaccurate information (100% rate) and then this poor attempt at humor to satisfy the masses. I wish he would have presented this news a little differently. I don't think he realized it would offend people.

oh well, i spose the comical offical post atleast makes up for the ... wait didnt steam have this ages ago ? oh well, ill prolly be "removed from the community" for this post...

-sent from my computer..., and making silly jokes doesnt make anything better, it just feels like an insult and actually makes evertything worse.... minus the fanboys that lap everything up anyway, ...

-Edit: Please use Private Messages forthe their intended purpose and bot the public forum.

Let's face the facts...there was complaints before because Trendy tried to fix things and people got sick of the daily patches.

Now, Trendy waits ONE day to release the patch and DLC because they want to make some fixes BEFORE releasing so they don't make the same mistake twice.

Kudos Trendy for learning from your first mistake and trying to keep everyone happy. Yes, I'm a little disappointed because I can't play the new stuff today but who cares, I'll play it tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that.

I'm glad that you are taking the extra care to make it perfect before releasing it with things broken.

EDIT: Do we get to see the Barbarian trailer at least today?!? Please...with a cherry on top, lol

+ for fixing a few more things
- for the late heads up to the community

(my opinion)

agree except they kinda did give a heads up by not posting a date in the upcoming patch notes thread which they do every time they submit it to steam

Hitmon just a question, but why the delay? According to your post last week all this was ready and waiting for steam to release, so again why the delay?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk
Read the god damned post. He gave the reason.

+ for fixing a few more things
- for the late heads up to the community

(my opinion)

I think this is the real issue. We want open and honest communication.

The thing is, they probably did. As a developer, I can tell you that time estimates are insanely hard. The only way to hit an estimate is to badly over-estimate and then not add any work to it. So Trendy could hold the patches back longer and actually hit deadlines every time, or give us their best info and expect us to just be patient sometimes. They chose the latter.

They probably should be trying for something a little different, though. They should only give us definite info, not estimates. Telling us it would be the 30th over a week in advance was a mistake. They should have stated that it would be at least a week, and that there was still no definite ETA for the patch. Today was the first time that they knew for sure what day the patch would hit, and today was when they should have told us.

agree except they kinda did give a heads up by not posting a date in the upcoming patch notes thread which they do every time they submit it to steam

Jer posted the 30th in another thread so that is why everyone was waiting today. Trust me it is worth waiting an extra day to have a good patch then having 2 patch today and tomorrow.

Jer posted the 30th in another thread so that is why everyone was waiting today. Trust me it is worth waiting an extra day to have a good patch then having 2 patch today and tomorrow.

yes i read said thread. he never said it was in steams hands only that it was essentially ready,

but w/e time to send my 8 heroes on pc and 4 on ps3, 4 on 360 and 8 on ipad/droid/iphone out on a manhunt the barbarian must be found at all costs

Haahahahah I like the tappytalk sig.

And its well worth the delay guys!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Just because its worth the wait doesn't mean we should be happy. This was already pushed back and then we were told the patch was done, but Steam was just the delay until the 30th.

That being said, I'm super excited for the patch! I hope they increase the mana cap to 2B across the board :)

I agree 100% .. but somebody... anybody there has to learn to stop giving dates at some point. This has been going on since a year prior to release. Do you guys know that you could just wait until the day of release to give a date? Giving wrong info scores lower than giving no info.

This giant patch/update has stuff in it that has been promised long ago to come out long ago. Jeremy's statement of the 30th is just one more wrong date on a long long long list of wrong projections.

I know not to trust any predictions until I see the content on my screen based on previous experience.. but some people don't know better. Some people still think dates/information from moderators/dev/community managers might be accurate.

The simplest solution is to just stop offering predictions. Nobody at Trendy can predict the things that come up that prevent you from meeting your predictions.. but somebody there should realize at some point that stating predictions is a bad idea.

I agree a flat 2B cap across the board, would actually "fix" a lot of end game issues, and i suspect this happen sooner or later anyway, but sooner is always nice ;)

Not at all. I want the reason the blame was moved from trendy to valve. Jeremy made a post last week saying the only reason it was not out yet was because of valve, and now instead of it being their fault, it's back to trendy.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

They had ages to build and gather feedback.

I don't even think that matters at this point. They couldn't just say "Oh well we have to move this to tomorrow and here's why." instead of making up something goofy like this?

Sent from my inflated bbq chip bag.

Don't get me wrong, i really did like the scribbling done in paint. It made stuff look so more realistic ... but i hope this whole improving thing will be instead of the usual hotfix/hotpatch/hotpants or whatever we usually get. It's not really professional to put dates out there and then nonchalantly notify us with some eyecandy that you're a bit later then you promised ... you might do that on a first date, a second date, a third and even a fourth! but we're way past that stage.

My point being ... no probs if the delay is for improving what you have. I really like the effort goin into the product, but PLEASE make sure that you don't need to patch your patch (we had to experience that to much allready).

I agree 100% .. but somebody... anybody there has to learn to stop giving dates at some point. This has been going on since a year prior to release. Do you guys know that you could just wait until the day of release to give a date? Giving wrong info scores lower than giving no info.

This giant patch/update has stuff in it that has been promised long ago to come out long ago. Jeremy's statement of the 30th is just one more wrong date on a long long long list of wrong projections.

I know not to trust any predictions until I see the content on my screen based on previous experience.. but some people don't know better. Some people still think dates/information from moderators/dev/community managers might be accurate.

The simplest solution is to just stop offering predictions. Nobody at Trendy can predict the things that come up that prevent you from meeting your predictions.. but somebody there should realize at some point that stating predictions is a bad idea.

*not a jab about earlier* but he never said anything that was definate in his statment, all he said was that the patch was "essentially" which means that its like 95% done (just guessing but the point is that patch isnt done was his meaning)

his stating that valve wouldnt be able to release it on the store till the 30th means that even if valve had it they wouldnt be able to do anything till today.

and then the digest says he is set to release with the tenative patch meaning (30th) is their best guess at release. they never flatout said oh hey this is the release date. they dont do that till after its been submitted to steam in which case they do it in the upcoming patch notes thread