Barbarian is Missing (Release Date now Tuesday 1/31)

Just moments ago, we received this letter in the mail:

Sadly, the Barbarian never learned to read or write. (Another victim of the Etherian public education system.) Our in-house handwriting analyst believes the loops and swirls means he’s taking a break today to hone his skills a little more. The life of the Barbarian is no easy livin'. From slaughtering hordes of senseless beasts to keeping those pec muscles toned, every day is a struggle to meet those lofty expectations of greatness.

Our search party has been sent out to find him. We're confident that we'll find him, reprimand him and release him to you sometime tomorrow. That means the Assault Mission Pack and the patch will also be coming out tomorrow.

Until then, enjoy these snippets from the release trailer. (What’s that? I don’t recall saying trailer.)

Note: AMP and the Patch will be released tomorrow as well. We're taking some extra time to incorporate some feedback from the Beta, among other things, so it'll be worth the wait!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sad days. Guess I'll get some school reading done.

- Sent using the pieces of my broken heart

Haahahahah I like the tappytalk sig.

And its well worth the delay guys!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Hitmon just a question, but why the delay? According to your post last week all this was ready and waiting for steam to release, so again why the delay?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

And this is why I wish donuts were never invented: donuts + americans = pure lazyness :P Well was to be expected that now instead of EU needing to wait until the 31st to get the update now we need to wait till the 32nd.... ow wait! There is no 32nd, just the 1st of February! And i thought we would get an update this month :(

Hitmon just a question, but why the delay? According to your post last week all this was ready and waiting for steam to release, so again why the delay?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

it was said it was ready for release, not waiting. the community implied the release was already waiting at steam. always check patch notes thread, specifically upcoming patch notes.. if it doesnt have a date in that thread then valve/steam does not have it

>barrierball for rushing mobs
>jumping attack akin to the Dark Elf Warrior's

Welp, whether he's included in the Complete DLC Pack or has to be bought separately, I'm definitely getting the Barbarian now.

While I can understand wanting to improve what you have and incoorperating as much as you can, It's unprofessional and rude to do this lmao... I mean honestly if I'm understanding this right you lied to us again. You hyped everyone up about the release date of the first patch that has been long overdue, and basically say "Yeah we aren't the hold up Steam is." Then you try and make a joke about how you're not done, which would be fine if you wouldn't have already said that it was said and done...

If you can't make a date don't put it out there, or at least leave wiggle room.

I don't really like how you're trying to turn this fail into some sort of joke, personally I would have preferred a simple apology.

I am honestly fine with the barb and assualt coming out tomorrow...
woulda preferred the patch today if for nothing else then folder support.... oh well guess i'll live. (early tomorrow though please :) i'm free morning but not night heh/// today is the other way around

Note: AMP and the Patch will be released tomorrow as well. We're taking some extra time to incorporate some feedback from the Beta, among other things, so it'll be worth the wait!

See above ;) that is why there is a delay

While I can understand wanting to improve what you have and incoorperating as much as you can, It's unprofessional and rude to do this lmao... I mean honestly if I'm understanding this right you lied to us again. You hyped everyone up about the release date of the first patch that has been long overdue, and basically say "Yeah we aren't the hold up Steam is." Then you try and make a joke about how you're not done, which would be fine if you wouldn't have already said that it was said and done...

If you can't make a date don't put it out there, or at least leave wiggle room.

Their first official statement was "Before the end of the Month" technically, the 30th IS the wiggle room. They probably jumped the gun, since the patch is tied to DLC and one of the DLC has errors, then they have to suspended till its done. From the sounds of it, it could be a simple animation error or one of his moves turned out to be too over powered and would cause people to pick only one stance.

I don't really like how you're trying to turn this fail into some sort of joke, personally I would have preferred a simple apology.

Wait! You aren't allowed to agree with me! You better go wash your mouth out with soap!! :D

While I can understand wanting to improve what you have and incoorperating as much as you can, It's unprofessional and rude to do this lmao...

I knew this comment was coming. I remember when there were dozens of threads/comment on every patch release because it was broken and allowed people to exploit its problems before it was fixed a few hours or days later. Numerous people said they would rather wait a few more days for tested content than have patches released like they were.

Fast forward 30 days.. and we have people mad because they are doing too much testing/adjusting prior to release.

TL;DR - Trendy will fail in some people's eyes no matter what they do. People are selfish. They want what they want when they want it. I'm guilty too. I was frustrated by crappy buggy patches and I'm frustrated by the constant delays on this content. (Originally all but the assault mission packs were set to release by 1/20/12.. and the other stuff by 1/27/12). I'm still going to buy the Barbarian and keep playing.. but I'm wagging my finger really hard at you guys right now!

It would be nice if they told us what needed fixing, at least we'd know if it was worth it or not.

I think its fine that they wait, if they feel they need to fix a few more things. Tho what I feel would be a great "Sorry about that guys" would have been some info on the Barbarian ? Maybe get the suspense up a little ?