I Strongly Believe that Trendy does not care about people hacking now.

Upon submitting near 100 of screen shots of people who hack and sell hack items. I still see those people doing the same thing day after day. Thought it would take a couple of days for the Admin to do something, but seems like 1 week passed and nothing changed.

This is extremely discouraging. I got banned before for having a hacked item which I had no idea it was hacked. Now I am reporting those people who obviously does hacking and Trendy is doing nothing about it. Each day these hackers sell items, the more people have hack items. In the end more people will get banned innocently like I was?

I hope Trendy considers what kind of message you're bringing across to people who play this game.

I think the message is stop reporting people for hacking and just play the game. If you think someone is a hacker kick them or leave thier game, nothing forces you to play with them. So instead of waisting your time sending in reports when its not your job to report players or to track down hackers, how about you actually play the game.

Odds are someone you play with has hacked gear. But as long as your having fun it doesnt matter. try to find people with gear simular to your own and play them game.

I was playing yesterday and a guy joined and said "Let me build, I'm modded". I just left the game. It shows how little is being done about real hackers, when they can just openly admit they're doing it like that. I don't believe in banning some poor sod because he bought a hacked item in the shop and honestly didn't know.

I'm curious; you got banned for having a hacked item that you didn't know was hacked? Can you provide details? When did this ban take place? What were the stats on this item? Did you repurchase a new copy of DD on a new steam account?

I'm curious; you got banned for having a hacked item that you didn't know was hacked? Can you provide details? When did this ban take place? What were the stats on this item? Did you repurchase a new copy of DD on a new steam account?

It happen couple of months back before misty was released. Back then I was a noob, item was a godly with very Normal stats. Just that the item was slightly oversized. I got unban after 9 days of emailing. FYI it was just 1 single item only.

And MrHelpful, it is not okay to just play the game with all these hackers around. Most of them are selling these items. I don't care if they play in their private game or custom game hacked. Now that I have cleared my own misty survival I know and I can expect what kind of item stats will drop. What happens when there is a whole new range of items released and I happen to gotten one of those items from store? And what happens that I get banned?

you do realise that it must be very stressful trying to go through thousands of reports daily? also VAC will ban many people in waves.

Was in a game today and grabbed these screen shots before getting out. I think the only way people do MM survival is hacking. Honestly feels like this is just the way the game is played by the majority of end-game people. Don't really know how banning works, and I don't want to get banned just for winding up in a public game like this. But yeah, this is in Trendynet, closed, etc:

They are doing what they can to deal with cheaters. There are tons of cheaters and just as many reports about them going through the channels. You must also take into account that new cheaters are popping up every hour.

Still see people with weapons that do a million damage at level 1 and $ stores everywhere.

A potential market there... Trendy selling mana or perhaps they may secretly sell mana for paypal hehehe. (not too likely)

Consider the following:

1. Dungeon defenders, when on sale, is $2.74 - $5.00, and people can buy multiple keys. Even when it is not on sale, it is $15.00.

2. These hackers sell mana/hacked items for around $3-$10, and they are likely to get at least one purchase a day, at the very least.

3. Trendy takes at least a day or two to ban hackers, if they don't just rely on VAC banning, which can take weeks to months.

It isn't hard to see why the hackers aren't gone.

NEWS: Consoles stopped getting updates.

NEWS TO COME: Trendy gives up on DD for PC due to not being able to stop hackers completing there months and months of work in a heart beat then floggin the items for paypal, for more money than they make from their own game.

Sigh... Honestly... the hackers have to suck to NEED hacked gear to play MM survival... Non hacked I can get pretty far duoing and thats while slacking off... and not top of the line gear... should probably work on that a bit heh.

It doesn't matter how strongly you believe Trendy doesn't care, that's not the case. There is simply too much of it for their small team to stop it all. It's not about lack of caring, it's about lack of resources.

Trendy in the last two weeks have really started showing the ban hammer in the game. Even if it looks like nothing is going on, there is a lot going on and the ban hammer is swinging wildly. Plus you got to think that reports not only have to be looked at but in some cases verified if someone doesn't provide all the needed details. Then you have multiple reports of the same person and/or players who are using methods to hide their account information. Though that really doesn't actually work despite what they may believe lol. But in the end, everything takes time and the bans have been going out.

An easier solution would be to implement a "report" function in-game.
Press the button, add a comment why you reported a person, and the report also logs the game name and stuff...
Maybe they don't have enough developers though...

An easier solution would be to implement a "report" function in-game.
Press the button, add a comment why you reported a person, and the report also logs the game name and stuff...
Maybe they don't have enough developers though...

I'm ok for the report function with logs the game name and stuff. If it's possible should probably help them alot.

They are doing what they can to deal with cheaters. There are tons of cheaters and just as many reports about them going through the channels. You must also take into account that new cheaters are popping up every hour.

What im refering is people who i reported, they still have the same SteamID and still selling hack items everyday.

Trendy in the last two weeks have really started showing the ban hammer in the game. Even if it looks like nothing is going on, there is a lot going on and the ban hammer is swinging wildly. Plus you got to think that reports not only have to be looked at but in some cases verified if someone doesn't provide all the needed details. Then you have multiple reports of the same person and/or players who are using methods to hide their account information. Though that really doesn't actually work despite what they may believe lol. But in the end, everything takes time and the bans have been going out.

I am very sure i provided the SteamID and prove of the hacked item. Anyway, since you mention that Banhammer is working so fine in the game. I guess i shouldn't bother myself so much. Lets hope all ends well for Dungeon Defenders =)

i reported some hacker too,but still like ur report result....hacker still sell and use their hack items EVERYDAY..............EVERYDAY..

WHAT ARE YOU DOING,TRENDY??????
SIT and WATCH the DESTROY of DD???????

The only problem I have with hackers is that they sell their items to other people, who can get banned for owning them. Of course some items are obviously hacked so innocent people can avoid buying them, but like the OP said in his first post... he was banned for having a godly item that he had no idea was hacked. In my own game, I really want to go to user stores and buy some better gear to progress, but I can't because I have no idea what is hacked and what isn't and I don't want to risk the ban hammer coming down on my own head.

I guess it's difficult for TE to deal with this effectively because if the person is innocent, then simply deleting the item would be fine, but if they are a hacker and the item is deleted without them being banned, they can just continue making more. And then there's the issue of people with USD shops...

It's a difficult puzzle.

i understand from a business standpoint ESPECIALLY being understaffed.. they have what.. 5 people on the team..7 at most? it wasent till the new year they even managed to comprimise a format to test their patches before releasing them.

so them taking a while to go through the obviously THOUSANDS of reports on hackers.. screenshots and videos.. will of course take some time for the offenders to be dealt with.

what i dont understand is why there are STILL so many "usd/paypal" shops going... a trendy player need only log in once in a blue moon to catch 4-5 at a time EASY.. go into thier room.. ask how much.. and when the shop owner confirms they are indeed wanting real money for digital items they dont have the rights too. instant account ban.. file the report and send it to VAC.

ONE staff member.. 20 min a day.. can REALLY clean up the shops with that.

once word of that sentry work going about.. hackers and pawn shops will really take notice and start to be more selective about what they do.

it also gives legit players some assurance that hey.. trendy IS "activly" doing something.

yeah.. no matter what kids are still going to complain en masse.. but your effort wont go unnoticed.

but sadly .. as of now.. theres nor poof that anything is being done.. or HAS been done.. not even in a dundef digest... no mention that.. "were on the case".

so trendy.. those demanding an overnight miracle.. just take thier whines with a grain of salt.
but for the rest of us.. at least let us know with the occasional update that something is being done.

I am very sure i provided the SteamID and prove of the hacked item. Anyway, since you mention that Banhammer is working so fine in the game. I guess i shouldn't bother myself so much. Lets hope all ends well for Dungeon Defenders =)

I have read your report and no you did not provide the Steam ID. You provided a Steam name. This is a massive difference and I'll explain why the ID is quite different than the name.

We'll give a random example here(no these person probably don't even play DD, just selected a random names):

If you take a picture and the person's steam in-game name is "cats" who has a character name of "meow". You take a picture and say "cats" was the person with the hacked item. Now when Trendy goes in, there are hundreds of players who have the name "cats" not only as their Steam name but also part of their id. In fact 70 pages worth of this information when you do a basic search so in these cases it's much harder for Trendy to figure out who you were playing with. Plus if they change their Steam name after someone goes into their shop yelling "I reported you" it could be something else 10 minutes later. But if you provide their actual Steam id(which Trendy asked you to provide), you have something like this

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197980724670

or

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970742410

This is now a direct link to their Steam profile and ID(76561197980724670 / 76561197970742410). This means gameover for them and they are unable to run away from a ban. So when you provide direct details and information to the actual account instead of just a name, Trendy can pretty much instantly ban the problem maker instead of spending time trying to investigate as to who you were actually playing with.

Upon submitting near 100 of screen shots of people who hack and sell hack items. I still see those people doing the same thing day after day. Thought it would take a couple of days for the Admin to do something, but seems like 1 week passed and nothing changed.

This is extremely discouraging. I got banned before for having a hacked item which I had no idea it was hacked. Now I am reporting those people who obviously does hacking and Trendy is doing nothing about it. Each day these hackers sell items, the more people have hack items. In the end more people will get banned innocently like I was?

I hope Trendy considers what kind of message you're bringing across to people who play this game.

personally imho they should just stop trying to prevent hacking and instead put up a server specicially for hacking.. cause theres nothing they can do..there will always be someone whos better at this than them not to mention for every person working at trendy theres like 100 hackers