On "Hacked" Items

Yup. Both of these items are 100% legit and found by me.
95% of you noobs are on a witchhunt and don't know what you're talking about.

With the plate helmet fully upgraded, 3 x stats will be about 360 and 99% of you would say its a hacked item, especially if a whole set was like this.
And on the other hand there are items that spawn that just look dumb... with 1-100 upgrades and retarded stats
Items even sometimes spawn in with OVER 360 Stats.

The only legitimate reporting of a hacked item should be of IMPOSSIBLE stats.
EG - 27k base dmg on a Huntress weapon would be impossible because guns go up by 80 dmg per tick (or less).
Meaning a 27k would have to start with a base dmg of almost 7K, which is ridiculous.
253 x 80 = 20240.

Trendy doesn't have time to go through thousands of screenshots of you reporting of LEGITIMATE Items like the ones I've shown you.

In short, Most of you don't have any business reporting on Hacked items unless you've completed surv dozens of times and know what items look like...or have half a brain to do some simple math to figure out that an item is impossible.

Wont prove anything unless you post screenshots before you pick it off the ground and probably in between waves regarless of wheather or not they are legit or not.

Sorry blizt but if I wanted to fool you I'd just drop it on the ground from my equipment and then put on another one. Thats really no proof.

- Sent using my cold coffee

Wont prove anything unless you post screenshots before you pick it off the ground and probably in between waves regarless of wheather or not they are legit or not.

And this is the first reply I get...LOL
Your definition of "proof" Is uber flawed and nonsense as well. Any hacker can just drop their item on the ground and screenshot it on a mid-wave survival and it would qualify as "proof" to you.
The point of this thread is that
THE ONLY PROOF
that an item is hacked...is that it has IMPOSSIBLE STATS

Period.

You seemed to miss that point.

Just saying, i can get far in misty and I know what drops but with how people are at the moment they wont believe anything at least in between waves with your items showing i know you couldnt have thrown it yourself. However than people would just say someone who was playing with you did and you would be in the same place you started with no one believing you.

I do get your point but at the moment even those you said are legit most people will call hack and you know the yourself.

Second item looks more than legit. First item is questionable. From the looks of it you could have edited the first one and placed a second one that IS legit in an attempt to get people to think they are both legit. If you posted 2 items like the first then you'd lose all credibility right away. Not saying you cheated or anything, but just some thoughts.

Honestly OP, it's not even worth it. Unless TE is going to be banning based on judgement calls (IE, "Well, this piece is within the range of stats that can drop, but it's a very small chance so *BANHAMMER!*) Then you've got nothing to worry about. Either way, just stick to your private games with friends and let the witch hunters ruin the public community even further.

I wish Misty would drop items like that for me, granted I can't get past wave 20 NM HC but I always get loot with high ^'s but terrible stats. RNG loot is RNG.

I give up worrying about people thinking my stuff is hacked. Yesterday someone said that my monk weapon (Found on Endless Spires) with 138 upgrades and 11k damage was hacked. I guess an EPIC 4k per projectile in nightmare mode could fool anyone. Funny thing is that the accuser had a crystal tracker around 130 upgrades and it had 18-20 shots per second and around 29k base damage.

nothing wrong with those items. They're well within the scope of "normal" and im sure better items are out there.

By wave 18 on hardcore in misty the loot stat cap for loot dropping is around 275
by wave 25 its well over 300
by 30 i have no idea where it is because iv never been there.

which brings me to a new question. but thats another thread.

and this pic or it didnt happen bs is getting ridiculous... it can very easily be photoshopped and look legit.....

The biggest problem is that Trendy has turned a significant portion of their player base into a micro police force that is untrained and is reporting anything better than what "they have seen before". There is no rhyme or reason to it and it has caused a lot of players to get disgusted with the game. I haven't logged in for like 2 weeks. After beating the spider boss and doin NMHC to wave 20 i just had no desire to play it anymore.

Though i have to say beating the spider boss was pretty epic.

Well, yes, I would say those items are legit. However, I have seen someone with WORN quality items, as in Deeper Well Hard (maybe) drops with +360 in everything. There is no way that **** was legit.

Right as the op stats, the only indication that an item MAY be hacked, is op stats.

But that logic implies the hacker put in op stats, which would be silly as its a red flag more or less. What worries me is the number of items hacked to match the stats of legit items. In-other-words, hacked items that mimic the stats of legit items. Which, from what i understand, there is no way to distinguish the legit items and the hacked items...

A side note, an interesting deterrent might be, if trendy were to cataloged items which are picked up by giving them a uuid and a finger print sent from trendies master servers or w/e at the time of player pickup. If an item was then later hacked to have different base stats, it'd have a different fingerprint. You' have to have a connection to play anyways and such a catalog would be minimal in size and require a minimal amount of server resources to back, especially if the available uuid's were partitioned off into blocks and given to nodes for assignment to incoming picked-up items.

Such a system could obviously be circumvented, but i'd wager it'd stop a significant percentile of hackers or at least make things more difficult than they currently are.

Eh... I get more worried about all my items have 30/202 upgrades... same set mythical and have max resists... and insane stats... really every single one of them had 202 upgrades and you only upgraded them 30 times... wth... now if you have 201, 202, 207, 202 for the max upgrades on the 4 peices and they were all upgraded to different random amounts. I might be suspiscious but I'd also be likely to analyze and go... ok that's possibly legit... yeah really hard to get but I can see it being legit and at that point i'll assume it is legit.

+Items should have an item code. like uber gear with 300+ stats go to a 1mil ciffer.
and the badder gear the lower Item coder number. did not think this totally through so don't be an *** :)
just an idea.

*Edit*
and the though of this is that if an low item code item has ''legit stats'' you can see its hacked
etc. in Diablo 2. if ppl doublicate items. they end up poof sometime.
and the itemcode should not be lower / higher when you upgrade you item.

"Altered gear" or "Hacked" gear has a completely empty row below the last stat. If you think something is hacked try to find the full row blank with nothing on it.

"Altered gear" or "Hacked" gear has a completely empty row below the last stat. If you think something is hacked try to find the full row blank with nothing on it.

This is entirely wrong,i've seen COUNTLESS items with blank rows drop on all difficulties and on all maps.

This is wrong for two reasons:

1) Sometimes legit gear has an empty row below stats.
2) Hacked gear does not always have an empty row.

not entirely true.. it only does that if the hacker/modder adds more stat categories than the item had to begin with..
for example say that he picked up armor that has all 4 resistances and only the 6 hero stats.... if the modder adds any tower stats to it then the extra row will appear.... but thats if they modder isnt a good one as there is a way to add more stats and make them appear.

so technically the "empty row" isnt empty, the modder just didnt do it right.