A New Hero Arrives!

I would happily pay Trendy 1 for 1B if they offered the service themselves. I could spend 10 and save myself a lot of farming.

I'm not a fan of real money to in-game gold transactions, legal or not, but the fact of the matter is that it's a service that people out there want, for good or for ill, and it's a service that is provided with or without the developers being okay with it. So the way I see it is that the developers may as well offer it themselves, thus sidestepping the "black market" for the most part and keeping the money where it could potentially improve the game. Whether or not we like "pay to win", it's happening - so we, the players, and the developers may as well benefit from it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Trendy was to start trying to sell mana in the PC version there would be no end to the rants. Real money shops are universally despised in retail games. They would be accused of being satan's spawn, their game would receive thousands of 0 scores at metacritic and similar rating websites, the world would end, and they would sell their game to Sony Online Entertainment.

The only payshop, which doesnt kill the game, is one for customization. I think there are plenty of people out there who would buy skins and other visual stuff in a heartbeat. The best example is the TF2 and the LoL Shop. People spend thousands of dollars for absolutely useless skins and hats.

I don't usually agree with pay shops, especially for actual gear but in Dungeon Defenders the amount of mana you need is so out of this world silly I could totally justify buying 10 billion for 10. But obviously only if it was a service offered by Trendy themselves.

If you put it that way, let me think, even less desirable. If the USD-Price for Mana from Trendy is below the hacker's price there might be a chance to throw them out of business. If I chose to invest money to buy mana, I would pick the best deal. If there is someone giving me 1 Mio. Mana for 1$ and Trendy gives you 100k for 1$ where do you think ppl will buy?

You might pick the best deal, but many people might prefer to turn to the legit source of mana rather than the hackers... particularly if Trendy ever starts banning for hacked mana (if only). But it's kind of the same reason items you buy for charities are over-priced... the extra money goes to support people/ a business. It doesn't just go into some greedy hacker's pocket. There would still be people like you and all the hackers who would just do whatever, but Trendy offering a reasonable service like this would allow people who don't want to wallow in the black market to have a safe means of purchasing mana.

However, of course, (especially with everything on the PC version being mana-overpriced) if they offer a conversion rate of $1 = $1 million mana, they might get fire bombed. Not really, but no one would utilize a pay-per-mana source that was so expensive.

I don't usually agree with pay shops, especially for actual gear but in Dungeon Defenders the amount of mana you need is so out of this world silly I could totally justify buying 10 billion for 10. But obviously only if it was a service offered by Trendy themselves.

Not sure if they would even have a conversion rate that was this good (most pay stores usually don't). But in any case, I'm sure you're not the only one who feels that way.

I'm not a steadfast proponent of this sort of system, but I do think it would be nice to offer some sort of mana for people who didn't feel like grinding survival or nm misty over and over.

Love this! Hacker situation is only getting worse. :/ I run a store pretty much all day and I've had people come in and start asking others if they want their items hacked. Obviously, I kick the players who do this, but still.... good grief! I've also had people come in looking for legit items because they were new to the game and bought a bunch of hacked gear. And while I think it's stupid to give someone you don't know money through a video game, obviously, people are doing it. And I suppose when I first started maybe I wouldn't have known that a guardian can't boost more than +5 towers or that 254 up armor with 360 in each stat and 50%+ resist just didn't exist. I kinda feel bad for those players (only kinda because really, how do you not know that something that is too good to be true is hacked?) but by Trendy not doing anything about the problem, it only compounds the problem. Do you ban the new players who didn't know and bought items out of ignorance? I dunno. All I know is I've reported players and while I have no idea if Trendy has done anything about them, I have to assume they haven't but hope they did.

Okay, first of all, RMT in all forms, developer supported or otherwise, is bull****. Period. If you can't play to get what you need, then you don't need it. I mean it takes like 20 minutes of legit time to get 30-40 mil if you run the right NM modes and set it up right, and handle your pick ups right.

It is no different to purchase mana from people than it is the cheat with address modification. So I don't even know why real money stores exist nor why people would buy from them. They're not legit anyhow. 15$ buy's game. Use memory hacker to level up to 74. Get a few base items from one nm run with hacked stats. Make seemingly legit items and copy them. Sell for 1$. Sell 15 items you have enough so if you get banned (which takes forever as I've seen the same tool selling items for days), that you cover the cost of a new copy that'd take max 30 minutes to set up for your paypal store.

This isn't okay. They need to fix the memory addressing system to implement quick vac bans and stop this bull**** all together. Perhaps some in game admins who can check things out from time to time, in game report game feature, etc.

As for what this guy did, in response to Thefayde's horrible logic, this type of action doesn't hurt the cause. Memory hacking the score doesn't do anything negative to the community when you use it for a purpose suck as this, since all the boards are already maxed out with tons of people who hacked their scores in anyhow. All it does it make it obvious it was hacked to the general public as it infers that this was done by the name of the account. The comparions of this to real world crime is ignorant, about as ignorant as you can get. This is a good form of in-game civil disobedience to bring light to a problem they happily ignore.