A New Hero Arrives!

Complete lack of attention and feedback on the matter is the most annoying and frustrating part at this point.

Has anyone ever thought that perhaps it is a conspiracy? I love conspiracy theories! Trendy allows hackers just so they can ban em - the hackers buy more accounts- trendy is happy - gives them a bit of time to gain more levels and amass stuff to sell - then bans them again!

:)

Maybe they have a deal going on like a time limit - 14 days to do whatever they want set up paypal stores etc before they get banned and some of that money goes back to trendy in the form of new accounts!

:)

Just make one more step... And think of Trendy interns running USD shops :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete lack of attention and feedback on the matter is the most annoying and frustrating part at this point.

Just make one more step... And think of Trendy interns running USD shops :D

They would not be the first game caught linked to a gold or item site

I've seen several ppl reply with ... comments similar to: Fighting for peace is like :demon:ing for virginity.

But, I think this problem is pretty similar to what big companies do. They hire hackers to see if there are flaws in their data protection. The hackers find the flaws, and report it to the companies. I could sum up a couple of more of those things ... (which i'm not goin to do since i don't really feel like there's any need to do ... I think you guys are smart enough to get the point :p)

In this case the hacker didn't get the assignment from the company (trendy), but thought it was necessary to notify them by himself. Personally i think what the guy did, is awesome! No better way of telling trendy where the flaw is and what people actually want!

imo this person did a pretty awesome job!

ty! let's show these hackers that we don't want them in our rankings!

Thumbs up for this idea!

That's not what he meant. If people get sh*t-full enough of Trendy's lack of effort/capability to even DO anything about the problem ruining the game for honest players, they will spread the word and quit playing; scaring off potential players as well as losing DLC revenue from both parties. Trendy will suffer that loss.

Banning hackers would be a gesture to keep/renew current players interest and morale, save a bad wrap by word of mouth (because it WILL get out of hand and dominate the shop list/game list), and generate revenue by forcing hackers to purchase new copies. It's a win/win for Trendy, which, I can't figure out why they just don't do it - unless it's not possible like we think it is. I honestly think there is no long term solution to the problem because of the engine it's built with.

What "problem because of the engine it's built with" would that be then?
The hacking problem is pretty simple. Trendy made Dungeon Defenders as a console game first then ported it to PC (which ironically has sold better & made them far more money than console sales ever did). On consoles you can't do things like edit memory addresses (well you can but it takes a lot more effort than on PC) so they short sightedly thought it'd be fine to have the game store a local copy of your items & mana which are updated locally while playing & then resent to TrendyNet at certain intervals. This has nothing to do with the "engine it's built with", it's a security issue which any PC developer working on an online multiplayer title would be aware of & it's not even that hard to write some checks & balances into the system to account for this very issue.

Well, I'm sure it has already been stated before... but trendy could help alleviate this problem by offering a cash to in-game currency program or something of the sort. If people are desperate enough to spend real money on in-game currency, offer them a legit way to do it other than grinding it out for several hours. There will still be hackers, but it's one way to help reduce the people that are going to them. A lot of MMOs offer this service and I don't think they should have cash shop exclusive items (or even anything other than mana)... but it would direct more of the cash going to hackers to Trendy, not only helping fund their anti-hacking/new content efforts, but maybe even generate a little revenue.

u have no clue...

more like you have no clue... bringing attention to the problem by doing it hurts the cause as youre not part of the solution but part of them problem

Well, I'm sure it has already been stated before... but trendy could help alleviate this problem by offering a cash to in-game currency program or something of the sort. If people are desperate enough to spend real money on in-game currency, offer them a legit way to do it other than grinding it out for several hours. There will still be hackers, but it's one way to help reduce the people that are going to them. A lot of MMOs offer this service and I don't think they should have cash shop exclusive items (or even anything other than mana)... but it would direct more of the cash going to hackers to Trendy, not only helping fund their anti-hacking/new content efforts, but maybe even generate a little revenue.

why bother when you pull out a cheat program and caqn get yourself infinite mana in about 30 seconds.

why bother when you pull out a cheat program and caqn get yourself infinite mana in about 30 seconds.

[whisper] Some people don't like to cheat..... [/whisper]

more like you have no clue... bringing attention to the problem by doing it hurts the cause as youre not part of the solution but part of them problem

this gets attention and this is capable of damaging trendy, so they are forced to do something, do u get it now?

this gets attention and this is capable of damaging trendy, so they are forced to do something, do u get it now?

by that logic we have a problem with crime in los angeles so ill go steal from the police to make them aware of the problem.....

and by doing that all i would accomplish is i would end up arrested... hacking to make trendy aware of hackers would accomplish the same thing as my example.. nothing

to compare the policy of a game with rl-crime is just not possible...

it seems just like trendy isnt aware of the increasing number of hackers and how they are destroying the game, in this case it is worth a try to "open their eyes" with what has been done here.
its just bad advertisement for them if the leaderboards are topped by an obvious hacker with, at least, a statement!

to compare the policy of a game with rl-crime is just not possible...

it seems just like trendy isnt aware of the increasing number of hackers and how they are destroying the game, in this case it is worth a try to "open their eyes" with what has been done here.
its just bad advertisement for them if the leaderboards are topped by an obvious hacker with, at least, a statement!

im not comparing the them but simply the logic behind it... think of trendy as the police, and the server the station. they are aware of the hacking situation, they had this problem on mobile too.. and implemented the "final solution" but that didnt work to well just look at the mobile forums. anytime you do the problem to solve the problem then you are the problem.

so once again it hurts your cause more than it helps.... the only thing the person will accomplish is him getting banned it wont draw attention to the problem overall. maybe if the top 25 slots were all hackers then maybe just maybe but a single person definately wont be noticed.. theyll just ban him and move on

im not comparing the them but simply the logic behind it... think of trendy as the police, and the server the station. they are aware of the hacking situation, they had this problem on mobile too.. and implemented the "final solution" but that didnt work to well just look at the mobile forums. anytime you do the problem to solve the problem then you are the problem.

i know what u mean and i get the logic behind it, but i dont think u can put this onto any situation.
i wasnt aware of a "final solution" on mobiles since i have never looked at their forums, could u give me a short comprehension of it?

so once again it hurts your cause more than it helps.... the only thing the person will accomplish is him getting banned it wont draw attention to the problem overall. maybe if the top 25 slots were all hackers then maybe just maybe but a single person definately wont be noticed.. theyll just ban him and move on

its worth a try and stressing them at least a bit to work on it since its pressing.
if they react like u suspect them to, would make this nothing more or less than it is - a try!

sorry if my grammar isnt the best, im obviously no native english speaker.

i know what u mean and i get the logic behind it, but i dont think u can put this onto any situation.
i wasnt aware of a "final solution" on mobiles since i have never looked at their forums, could u give me a short comprehension of it?

its worth a try and stressing them at least a bit to work on it since its pressing.
if they react like u suspect them to, would make this nothing more or less than it is - a try!

sorry if my grammar isnt the best, im obviously no native english speaker.

Lol np. The final solution was the game would wipe your entire save every time you hacked. But it didn't work too well for too long. Now it works great but hackers learned how to hide it.

Wasn't trying to compare situations just merely the logic... As I said one person alone won't get this noticed... You'll need at least 25and for them to take the top 25 spots with identical or similar names

This is actually a pretty brilliant idea. By bringing such extreme attention to the issue, Trendy can no longer bogart around the issue. I'd be down to do this myself, but I'm not gonna pay for DD twice.

This is actually a pretty brilliant idea. By bringing such extreme attention to the issue, Trendy can no longer bogart around the issue. I'd be down to do this myself, but I'm not gonna pay for DD twice.

it is brilliant but needed to be more coordinated... as it didnt and will not accomplish anything not by himself.. he needed to have more people doing it... and to occupy a large portion of the leaderboards with the same exact name.. since your leaderboard is based off your steam name

If trendy bans all the hackers accounts...they will just buy more of them...that does not make Trendy suffer

Isnt that an extra incentive for Trendy? Ban those hackers and even make more money out of it...

Well, I'm sure it has already been stated before... but trendy could help alleviate this problem by offering a cash to in-game currency program or something of the sort. If people are desperate enough to spend real money on in-game currency, offer them a legit way to do it other than grinding it out for several hours.

Free to play, pay to win, great one, I like it...NOT.

Free to play, pay to win, great one, I like it...NOT.

I dont like it either. I'm not saying trendy should offer items - I'm saying they still shouldn't - but that they can offer mana instead. Obviously it wouldn't be as cheap as the hackers can offer, but it would be a legit way for people who wanted to buy it. The rest of the people can just put more time into grinding the mana. It wouldn't give payers a leg up on anything but time.

I dont like it either. I'm not saying trendy should offer items - I'm saying they still shouldn't - but that they can offer mana instead. Obviously it wouldn't be as cheap as the hackers can offer, but it would be a legit way for people who wanted to buy it. The rest of the people can just put more time into grinding the mana. It wouldn't give payers a leg up on anything but time.

If you put it that way, let me think, even less desirable. If the USD-Price for Mana from Trendy is below the hacker's price there might be a chance to throw them out of business. If I chose to invest money to buy mana, I would pick the best deal. If there is someone giving me 1 Mio. Mana for 1$ and Trendy gives you 100k for 1$ where do you think ppl will buy?

If you put it that way, let me think, even less desirable. If the USD-Price for Mana from Trendy is below the hacker's price there might be a chance to throw them out of business. If I chose to invest money to buy mana, I would pick the best deal. If there is someone giving me 1 Mio. Mana for 1$ and Trendy gives you 100k for 1$ where do you think ppl will buy?

Haha, funny you say that. On mobile TE charge some ridiculous price like $50 for 50mil mana. Not sure on exact figures, but I'm pretty sure it's close to that.

Haha, funny you say that. On mobile TE charge some ridiculous price like $50 for 50mil mana. Not sure on exact figures, but I'm pretty sure it's close to that.

Ouch! That's a harsh price! I hope you're wrong on the exact figures, otherwise my prayers go out to the Mobile DD players.

Back on the Topic, it seems that, sadly, the "New Hero" got banned/removed from the Leaderboards already. However, there are still dozens of cheaters who seem to be able to get 20m points on Deeper Wells on Hard :> (if I knew you could get that much points on Deeper Wells I'd level my chars there instead of Glitterhelm :D)

I hope Trendy will do something about it, spent the last days looking for a nice Chain Helmet for my huntress, most of the time I was in Player Shops they wanted me to pay with Steam Games or Send them Money through Paypal, it's starting to get ridiculous. Are there no honest players anymore?

Ouch! That's a harsh price! I hope you're wrong on the exact figures, otherwise my prayers go out to the Mobile DD players.

Back on the Topic, it seems that, sadly, the "New Hero" got banned/removed from the Leaderboards already. However, there are still dozens of cheaters who seem to be able to get 20m points on Deeper Wells on Hard :> (if I knew you could get that much points on Deeper Wells I'd level my chars there instead of Glitterhelm :D)

I hope Trendy will do something about it, spent the last days looking for a nice Chain Helmet for my huntress, most of the time I was in Player Shops they wanted me to pay with Steam Games or Send them Money through Paypal, it's starting to get ridiculous. Are there no honest players anymore?

indeed it is 50million but dont feel sorry for all mobile players as the android version can still be cheated. and is

I would happily pay Trendy 1 for 1B if they offered the service themselves. I could spend 10 and save myself a lot of farming.