DunDef Digest 1/25/2012 Discussion Thread

It's not TE's fault if patching on consoles is a nightmare. You keep thinking what you want though.

I don't think you understand how the console submission process or gaming in general is handled.

I fail to see how either of these posts have anything to do with what I said other than them being generic "it isn't Trendy's fault" responses. Care to elaborate?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ofc its trendys fault, they basically stiched up console players a treat. They even appologise in this thread, and making excuses for them, is not our job, what other industry is like this :O --- oh the poor developers they have to feed their children as well you know...

for a new company making promises and inferences they just wont have the will to complete is a big no no, in other markets it might be enough to get them imprisoned, gamers have got to be among the worst offenders of braincleanliness imaginable....

I mean seriously how are people getting the starving 3rd world children mixed up with the silicon valley rich cats... it just doesnt get any more derranged?!?!

For all the people complaining that the DLC isn't out yet, Steam's based in the states, west coast to be exact if I remember an old interview last. I'm in that same timezone and it just now turned midnight on the 30th. Do the math :squire:

For all the people complaining that the DLC isn't out yet, Steam's based in the states, west coast to be exact if I remember an old interview last. I'm in that same timezone and it just now turned midnight on the 30th. Do the math :squire:

Steam usually releases stuff at around 11:59AM Central US on the day. So expect it around then. ;p

For all the people complaining that the DLC isn't out yet, Steam's based in the states, west coast to be exact if I remember an old interview last.
I think they are bassed in florida, but i could be wrong

Ok, now I feel lke I got ripped of pre-ordering the 4-pack of DLC. This was said in last weeks announcement thread.

The Barbarian is standalone DLC. I don't believe we ever mentioned that the two would be included together, though we may have mentioned that the two would be coming out around the same time. Sorry for the confusion!

Paid $13. And so far the price is $3.99(i think part 1 was cheaper when it first came out) and part 2 is $1.99(0.99 when is first comes out). so let's just got $4 and $1. We're at $5 right now. So the next two DLCs have to have HUGE and a lot of content to make up for that $8 if we are not to get the new characters. So unless that happens, I feel like I paid more just to access nightmare mode early, which I could have easily waited for. And to be honest, I don't think that big of content will be released in part 3 and 4 when part 1 only added 1 campaign, 1 pvp, 1 umf, and 1 challenge. And, if like the thing says in steam, "Each pack contains 4 new missions, new cinematics, a new enemy, a new boss, a new pet, new items, a new character skin, and more." and Assault is only $1/$2 I believe we are all got ripped for our money paying the $13 upfront. Because if they are all basically to have the same amount of content in each, then technically the amount shouldn't fluctuate. So IMO we should be getting the new Characters with the combo pack. So we all just paid more for less. Yipee!

yes trendy are really showing their true colours, oh well... 20 odd pounds is nothing, and DD isnt bad for around 300 hours, Im sure theres plenty of other up and coming companies surely one of them has some kind of integrity.... otherwise anyone wanna make a game ? :D

patience lol thats a laugh... where do games companies get so much leigweigh ? so just 4 hours late for you and your happy... trendy seem to be same time zone as me, its 12:20 pm here,

what are you saying that this isnt a global market ? or that "we" should give them leighwiegh because they didnt realise its a global market ? what are you saying ?

i want to play with a barbarian, its long been the 30th for me, am i wrong for taking their release information seriously ? in other markets where globalism causes staggered or synced releases, the range of times are included so everyone knows what to plan for / where they stand.... where do we as gamers give so much leighweigh to games companies ? is it because they make jokes in their posts so they sound just like us ? where did we get so complacent ? i find the "not serious / but joking young person type official posts an insult ... but heh if it works for you well... unlucky for the rest of us i spose :S

where do we as gamers give so much leighweigh to games companies

Perhaps when game companies explicitly state that announced release times are local to their own time zone, which Trendy has done (and by the way, at the time of this posting it's 7:32 am Trendy time). Besides, it's not "late". Announcing that DLC will be available on the 30th does not mean any specific time on the 30th. It means anytime on the 30th.

patience lol thats a laugh... where do games companies get so much leigweigh ? so just 4 hours late for you and your happy... trendy seem to be same time zone as me, its 12:20 pm here,

what are you saying that this isnt a global market ? or that "we" should give them leighwiegh because they didnt realise its a global market ? what are you saying ?

i want to play with a barbarian, its long been the 30th for me, am i wrong for taking their release information seriously ? in other markets where globalism causes staggered or synced releases, the range of times are included so everyone knows what to plan for / where they stand.... where do we as gamers give so much leighweigh to games companies ? is it because they make jokes in their posts so they sound just like us ? where did we get so complacent ? i find the "not serious / but joking young person type official posts an insult ... but heh if it works for you well... unlucky for the rest of us i spose :S

Haha surely this guy is joking...

No one is that entitled. Nice joke ;)

Someone isn't used to being told "No"..
If you're such the dedicated player, why aren't you playing RIGHT NOW, instead of *****ing on the forums? Hmmmmmmmm?
Keep the new content coming Trendy!
Monthly updates are fineeeeeeeeee by me! ;)

some guys are just ridiculous...
Do something else with your spare time, rodrazorwire. I don't know, go outside...

Can't wait :D

Big yay for reading comprehension too for the guy complaining part 2 costs only 1.99. There's been more than enough information on the assault pack and how it's not actually the second part of the DLC. It just bugs me how so many people come to complain so quickly, before they know what exactly is going on.

rodrazorwire;

Te is no where close to you and the patch will not.be released until.the afternoon/night as that is when it has been releases in the past. Simple fact, stop complaining about it.

Back on topic, the notes mention the Outlander Outfit having a "Special Ability" Could someone clarify what that might be?

Special Ability is fly....or Arise,whatever

but i cant image how this ability work..like double press jump key?

Umm... the assault maps aren't Part 2. They're just bonus assault maps.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's part 2. They didn't say anything about bonus's. They said 4 missions per part. In part 1 we go the campaign mission, another umf, pvp, and portal defense. And if this comes with it, this is part 2.

patience lol thats a laugh....

You sound like a spoilt child. It'll be up when it's up and moaning about it won't change that fact. I wouldn't expect it up until late evening if you're working off GMT.

Lol, and you PC fanboys think the console gamers are complainers?

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's part 2. They didn't say anything about bonus's. They said 4 missions per part. In part 1 we go the campaign mission, another umf, pvp, and portal defense. And if this comes with it, this is part 2.

Back when they first announced the assault pack they said it would come for free with part 2 of the shards dlc, or at least that it would be free for those who prepurchased (not 100% if the first or the second). Logically, this means it is not actually part 2 itself. Also, the reviews so far mentioned a normal campaign map with a boss fight in each installment. The assault pack is a bonus.