Will the DLC users always be segregated with each other or will this be fixed?

I am referring to the PS3 platform. At launch the game had a free DLC pet pack for PS+ users and the issue started, where a PS+ subscriber could never have his game joined by any non PS+ player.
The first DLC pack came in for christmas and I thought the issue would be fixed for that for sure, but it wasn't.
We now have 4 segregated categories of players that cannot host games for players outside of their "category", even when playing content that everyone has access to: (and it will only get worse with time and more DLC)
- PS+ users with the eternia DLC pack 1
- PS+ users without the eternia DLC
- non PS+ users with the eternia DLC
- non PS+ users without the eternia DLC

So basically, when hosting a game, even if you don't host for a DLC exclusive map, you are basically restricted to only having 25% (or even less if you are in the most minority group of PS+ and DLC pack) of the players being able to join you.

Will this get fixed soon or ever?

Oh, I am definitely aware that the consoles have very large issues, you don't have to tell me... :(
But I haven't seen this discussed anywhere else, and I'm debating on whether to buy the DLC while it's still on sale or not, but I'm having serious doubts if this is going to forever limit my games to being joinable by a tiny fraction of the playerbase, even when I'm not using any DLC exclusive content.

Could I get an official answer on this? It seems odd to punish the players who support the company the most through DLC purchases by greatly limiting their ability to host games...

I can't speak for console players, but on the PC, it doesn't matter what DLC you have, you can play with anyone as long as you are playing content they have access to.

What are they supposed to do? Let people who haven't bought the DLC play the DLC? That undermines the whole point of having DLC in the first place.

I guess you missed that part in my initial message:
So basically, when hosting a game, even if you don't host for a DLC exclusive map

On consoles, it does not matter what you host, you can be sitting in the tavern and if your buddy doesnt have the same DLC that you have he will NOT be able to join your hosted game, no matter if you are in the tavern or if you are playing a non DLC map.

Don't mods have the ability to nudge Trendy for official answers? How come this thread was moved to the graveyard console tech support section without receiving an answer from the mod/employee who moved it?
I have a very legitimate question here, and one that will directly affect Trendy's bottom line since it will determine my (and possibly other people's) decision of buying or not some DLC. Why punish the playerbase supporting you with the most $ by segregating them to only hosting for each others?

Don't mods have the ability to nudge Trendy for official answers? How come this thread was moved to the graveyard console tech support section without receiving an answer from the mod/employee who moved it?
I have a very legitimate question here, and one that will directly affect Trendy's bottom line since it will determine my (and possibly other people's) decision of buying or not some DLC. Why punish the playerbase supporting you with the most $ by segregating them to only hosting for each others?

Relax mate. I don't know who moved it, but this is the correct place for the thread. Just be patient for a response please.

I am a patient person but this thread is going on a week old without an answer and the fact that someone moved it when they could very well have either answered me or nudged a trendy rep to answer it was concerning to me. You say be patient and wait for an answer, but do you know for a fact that I will be getting one in this forum? (given that they are seemingly turning a blind eye to the console community, the moving of my thread felt more like a "let's move it and let it die there with all the other complaining console users, so it doesn't make too much of a wave in our core PC demographics community") I am not one to make pointless rant/whining topics, but I have a serious question here (and timely, given the sale I was interested in has now come and gone...)

I want to know this to. It's very poor on Trendy's part to have this issue in the game, When multiplayer in such a big part of the fun.

I am a patient person but this thread is going on a week old without an answer and the fact that someone moved it when they could very well have either answered me or nudged a trendy rep to answer it was concerning to me. You say be patient and wait for an answer, but do you know for a fact that I will be getting one in this forum? (given that they are seemingly turning a blind eye to the console community, the moving of my thread felt more like a "let's move it and let it die there with all the other complaining console users, so it doesn't make too much of a wave in our core PC demographics community") I am not one to make pointless rant/whining topics, but I have a serious question here (and timely, given the sale I was interested in has now come and gone...)

I agree with the thread, but...

1. This is the correct place for it. Posting it in the wrong sub forum isn't going to get this answered any faster.

2. TE have been very quiet about everything console. It is our speculation that they are under an NDA. They most likely aren't allowed to talk.

I completely understand your frustration, this is a "bug" that I brought up months ago when I couldn't join my PS+ buddies games. It sucks, hopefully they will fix it, but don't expect a response, it will either one day be fixed via patch or it won't :(

Wait, first you said to "be patient for a response" and now you say "don't expect a response"? When did you realize that awaiting patiently for a response was now useless on my part? I had a major feeling that my thread now had close to 0% chance of being answered when it was moved to this graveyard of a forum.
I'm still 100% convinced that if my thread had stayed in the general forum it would have had a better chance of an official answer. I don't buy any of that "non disclosure" and it makes for an EXTREMELY poor customer relation.
Had it stayed on the general forum, they wouldn't have wanted it to make waves amongst their precious (and oblivious to console treatment) PC target market, so they would have at least tried to post a blanket statement about it coming in an upcoming patch to try and save face in front of their royal PC customers.

Wait, first you said to "be patient for a response" and now you say "don't expect a response"? When did you realize that awaiting patiently for a response was now useless on my part? I had a major feeling that my thread now had close to 0% chance of being answered when it was moved to this graveyard of a forum.
I'm still 100% convinced that if my thread had stayed in the general forum it would have had a better chance of an official answer. I don't buy any of that "non disclosure" and it makes for an EXTREMELY poor customer relation.
Had it stayed on the general forum, they wouldn't have wanted it to make waves amongst their precious (and oblivious to console treatment) PC target market, so they would have at least tried to post a blanket statement about it coming in an upcoming patch to try and save face in front of their royal PC customers.

Completely false.

If you don't like this forum, then leave. This forum is active. I'm saving this thread from a lot of PC fanboyism by moving it here, which by the way is where it belongs.

Be patient for a response = expect it to be in the patch or not. Wait and see.

Completely false.

If you don't like this forum, then leave. This forum is active. I'm saving this thread from a lot of PC fanboyism by moving it here, which by the way is where it belongs.

Be patient for a response = expect it to be in the patch or not. Wait and see.

Completely false? Do I really need to do a statistical analysis of the number of Trendy employees posts in this sub forum compared to others in order to prove to you that this forum as well as its users are neglected and that moving this thread here would likely result in it never being answered?
Also, in your first post in this topic, you said that you didn't know who moved the thread and now you are saying you did? Which one is it? Was it you or wasn't it?
Finally, asking me to "be patient for a response" means just that, asking me to wait for an official answer on the matter. Trendy including, or not including a fix in a future patch is not a response to my inquiry.

My apologies, I did not actually move it, but moderators as a collective did (seeing as I can't see who moved it).

Do a statistical analysis all you like. You don't put an ad in the newspaper for selling kittens in the puppies section.

If TE patch it in I would say that it's pretty much answered.

My apologies, I did not actually move it, but moderators as a collective did (seeing as I can't see who moved it).

Do a statistical analysis all you like. You don't put an ad in the newspaper for selling kittens in the puppies section.

If TE patch it in I would say that it's pretty much answered.

I'm trying to find out if they have a plan to fix this issue. Telling me "just wait until a patch comes and see if it's fixed then" does not answer my question in any way, shape or form. When I created this topic, I wanted to use that information to assess whether I should take advantage of the PSN sale and buy the DLC. That sale has now come and gone, and I have yet to receive an answer.
Reusing your kittens analogy, if a buyer calls me about the ad to ask me if I have any kittens left for sale, do you think an appropriate answer would be "well, if you come down here and you can still buy one off me, that means I still had some"?

What are you trying to say?

Point is, it will either be in the patch or not. It might be in the patch notes, it might not.

Gashin-Sai, I never made this topic to ask the community which has access to the same information that I do, I'm seeking an answer from a Trendy rep.

What are you trying to say?

Point is, it will either be in the patch or not. It might be in the patch notes, it might not.

I am asking a question to Trendy in hopes of receiving an answer. Saying "one day, it might be fixed or it might not" is about as blank a statement as you can make, it is not helpful nor informative in any way.

Gashin-Sai, I never made this topic to ask the community which has access to the same information that I do, I'm seeking an answer from a Trendy rep.

I am asking a question to Trendy in hopes of receiving an answer. Saying "one day, it might be fixed or it might not" is about as blank a statement as you can make, it is not helpful nor informative in any way.

You're not going to have a TE rep answer a question just for you mate. But hey whatever.

Just for me? You apparently missed the parts where other members were bumping the thread because they were interested in knowing an answer as well.
Also, this being the support and official forum, why would it be so far fetched to get an answer from Trendy? Isn't that pretty much the sole purpose of this support forum? (or did you just admit that this forum was just there to let the console users think they could receive tech support and answers when in fact they couldn't?) You started posting in this thread asking me to be patient and wait for an official response, then you admitted later than you asked them this question months ago without receiving an answer, and now you plainly say with certainty that I will not get an answer. It really sounds like you knew from the start I'd never receive an answer, but deliberately mislead me in order to temporarily appease me and make me wait around so I would forget the topic or the issue.

Alright, the console patch notes were released today and I read in them that the issue should finally be resolved whenever that patch becomes available. I still wish I had received an answer when the PSN sale was on, but at least now I know that this issue should, eventually, be resolved.