Start getting excited

I have experienced this exact thing many times with other game developers. If you purchased Blacklight: Tango Down you would understand my standpoint. The game was ported to the PS3 with a frame rate issue that would slow down to about 2 frames per second. A day 1 patch was necessary, but after how many years it has been released, there was none. Their forum policy was also to not talk to anyone. I have seen this time and again for PC developers, and it fits the mold for this game as well, more so than legal assumptions do.

I am not saying with this example that a patch will never come. However, it is obvious that it is severely overdue, and any company that feels a sense of responsibility would have made it a priority and communicated to alleviate the concerns of their consumers until it was ready.

Then again, maybe they don't want to be caught in another lie. So the boss told them to shut their mouths and focus on the cash crop, and cut their ties with the consoles. There is some reasonable business speculation.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to a random post from Jeremy Steiglitz, after this patch releases, their will also be a patch alongside with each and every eternia shards dlc. I am highly disappointed with this thread because this should be apparent news if anyone watchs the dungeon defenders digest, so i was expecting news about the barbarian or gender-swaps.

What a fool i am

I would take every video they release with a grain of salt. So far almost every one has made promises that were not kept.

I will not get excited until I see a date for the patch. I will not buy anymore DLC until we get one. Then maybe, just maybe I will get excited.

My problem is that I'm closing in on my platinum. once I get it, if there isn't any new content, I'll shelve the game for a while. If it's more than a month, it typically becomes a permanent fixture on my pile of "shame" games. I love the game but there is only so far you can go in it and I have a backlog of games as it is. I hope new content comes out soon.

I dont know too much about how consoles work, but i do know alot about how computers work. Some of you may have seen me mention this in a previous post, but there is good reason why TE cant release anything quickly and easily.

In brief, the PC community, and gaming world is easy to give out patches, updates etc.. as TE has direct access to their servers (i would suspect they host their own) however anything for the consoles has to be vetted, authorized, and loads of other beuracratic (excuse the spelling) factors that delay it.

I think if anyone is to blame for the late updates/patcheds/DLC its MS and sony. They are the ones that charge ridiculous fees to the developers for the tiniest patches. Which means TE (and other devs) have to make sure the patch/DLC is 100% perfect as possible. They dont want to spend another ten grand because they missed a small bug. I remember a previous post regarding the charges, and something about the cost being for band-width or something.

I think its just MS and/or Sony being awkward. I'm sure they could make things easier, and quicker. If only they could define between big games like CoD, and small games such as DD. I'm pretty sure sony dosn't charge that amount for patches, as i have seen many for the little games as i'm always getting patches for my games.. and they are tiny, as an example, Magic would have been charged about 50 grand for all of their updates/patches/DLCs. and they are a few kbs. I dunno how many patches you guys get on the xbox.. But i probably get a patch a days worth on ps3.

But as i have said before, i dont know enough about the console industry.

text was here

Yeah, that would make sense, except the patch isn't even finished. GJ TE!

Also they said they intended to release a patch with the rest of the DLC parts. So much for it being "too expensive".

I dont know too much about how consoles work, but i do know alot about how computers work. Some of you may have seen me mention this in a previous post, but there is good reason why TE cant release anything quickly and easily.

In brief, the PC community, and gaming world is easy to give out patches, updates etc.. as TE has direct access to their servers (i would suspect they host their own) however anything for the consoles has to be vetted, authorized, and loads of other beuracratic (excuse the spelling) factors that delay it.

I think if anyone is to blame for the late updates/patcheds/DLC its MS and sony. They are the ones that charge ridiculous fees to the developers for the tiniest patches. Which means TE (and other devs) have to make sure the patch/DLC is 100% perfect as possible. They dont want to spend another ten grand because they missed a small bug. I remember a previous post regarding the charges, and something about the cost being for band-width or something.

I think its just MS and/or Sony being awkward. I'm sure they could make things easier, and quicker. If only they could define between big games like CoD, and small games such as DD. I'm pretty sure sony dosn't charge that amount for patches, as i have seen many for the little games as i'm always getting patches for my games.. and they are tiny, as an example, Magic would have been charged about 50 grand for all of their updates/patches/DLCs. and they are a few kbs. I dunno how many patches you guys get on the xbox.. But i probably get a patch a days worth on ps3.

But as i have said before, i dont know enough about the console industry.

I think the beef here is not necessarily the lack of patch, rather the complete lack of communication on whats in the patch.

Que sera sera! Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera sera. What will be will be! Love this game. Keep up the good work! Playing console game on huge TV better than pc game!

Que sera sera! Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera sera. What will be will be! Love this game. Keep up the good work! Playing console game on huge TV better than pc game!

Unless your me, who has 2x 40" screens running dual screen with a projector above... hehe.

I loves it, and i loves lovin it..

On a side note.. yeah, communication is most company's biggest problem. You either get too much info, or too little. There is rarely the perfect medium.

Thanks, but as your probably aware the only thing Walmart means to an Aussie are horrid pictures of weird Americans. Surprised we don't have an Aussie version of that from some of the people I have seen recently :/

/on topic

A land with no Walmarts sounds like a magical place to me.....

[QUOTE]Unless your me, who has 2x 40" screens running dual screen with a projector above... hehe.

I loves it, and i loves lovin it..
[/QUOTE]
Well I would use my hdmi cable and use it to hook my computer to my 56 inch HDTV and buy a thingy that lets my computer recognize my wireless xbox controller. Then it would be just like playing on my xbox. Only problem is that my computer isn't built for playing games D: Though I am still content with the game-if I get bored I'll just get Orcs Must Die!

*yawn* getting old hearing you say the same stuff day in day out...

Wish he would just get banned already for being a toolbag, but I guess you can't ban someone for being a tool. :/

In regards to the thread, I wanted to quote NLe but too lazy to new tab, copy & paste, in regards to his comment, he's just being a realist. I look forward to the patch and see what they change. I really want news of when we can expect the second DLC pack or more importantly an ETA on if and when we will ever possibly get event content, or the new classes, including the female (and 1 male) toons?

I've all but adopted a "meh" attitude to this game now that I've beat it for all intents and purposes and getting new content on an XBLA title is like getting a root canal. I hope they are working on an equally interesting project for the future and make it easier to update. By this I mean cvars, nvars, whatever you want to call them or are most familiar with them being called.

In light of Hitmonchan's announcement...

...*ahem*.

I'm just glad I've already gotten my platinum. I suppose my prediction wasn't completely correct, but close.

I look forward to the patch and see what they change. I really want news of when we can expect the second DLC pack or more importantly an ETA on if and when we will ever possibly get event content, or the new classes, including the female (and 1 male) toons?

In Australia/EU/NZ we are still waiting for the first part.