Start getting excited

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wont be getting the patch till next month....if were lucky.

zac your so negative :L this is good news.

for what is worth, I prefer the patch to be submitted when ready, even if it takes another month, than being early pushed with more mistakes - glitches and then requiring more patching, and more whining

If anything this is bad news. It was assumed they already had these submitted but that tweet shows they aren't yet done with it. Then again the tavern lock thing probably set them back a bit.

What is there to be excited about, I was under the impression they already did submit? Like sefjwm said, this is more bad news then good news. My guess is we won't see the patch until March.

The patch is becoming a myth like bigfoot....

Sometimes I feel like my positivity and patience are discouraged.

Dont feel discouraged, however many have been waiting for this patch or even patch notes on what "may" be in the patch.

Keep in mind they said they "intend" to submit it this month. They want to keep their butts covered in case they don't get it done, amirite?

What is there to be excited about, I was under the impression they already did submit? Like sefjwm said, this is more bad news then good news. My guess is we won't see the patch until March.

The patch is becoming a myth like bigfoot....

Exactly. What they just told us is that they haven't submitted it yet. I'm thinking they will put it off til the last of the month. Give them the most time they can to get as much in as they can.... yet still submit within the month. *sigh*

its incredibly pathetic that my highest hope for this patch is to fix all of the massive issues that came with the game. im already convinced that anything new at all is completely out, or if there is anything new, itl be as broken with no support as the original content.

Though, on the bright side, once again pc happens to be getting more new characters and content. It may not be the best sex, but at least trendy ensures were all regularly ****ed.

If you asked me to make a prediction, here's how it'd go:

Trendy won't actually get it submitted this month. When people complain, Trendy will come back with "we never promised we would submit it this month" and they'll claim the reason had to do with the dev team having to go out of town for the week (despite the fact that the patch won't actually be submitted until the third or fourth week of February). And of course anyone complaining about it on the general forum will be shot down by PC users with statements like "Oh, another console complaining post. /Ignore." We won't actually see it until the first week of April.

I'm a bit torn as to whether there will be additional DLC out by then- I'd love to say yes, Trendy will churn out two more paid DLCs by then (hoping to grab some more money from us before the actual patch has come out, meaning the DLCs won't include everything the PC versions do) but it's giving Trendy too much credit to say that they'll come out with the DLCs in a timely fashion. So there probably won't be any DLC by then either. Meanwhile, the PC will have a raised level cap of 80, a 10bil Mana Cap increase, the Barbarian and Series EV characters, as well as a few new level packs.

And, if I can provide an endcap for my prediction, the patch is going to be terrible. It'll only address about half of the problems we want it to (it'll increase the mana cap and provide a level cap increase with the DLC, but fail to fix the tower attack rate bug, for example- and I doubt it'll fix the 360 hacker problem) and it'll cause a bunch of additional problems that could have been prevented by adequate playtesting. Because of this, the uproar will be terrible, and because of the fan backlash, Trendy will finally admit that they are abandoning the console versions (before even coming out with the second Lost Eternia Shards DLC).

It may sound a bit grim, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

So that's my prediction. You've heard it first here!

If you asked me to make a prediction, here's how it'd go:

Trendy won't actually get it submitted this month. When people complain, Trendy will come back with "we never promised we would submit it this month" and they'll claim the reason had to do with the dev team having to go out of town for the week (despite the fact that the patch won't actually be submitted until the third or fourth week of January). And of course anyone complaining about it on the general forum will be shot down by PC users with statements like "Oh, another console complaining post. /Ignore." We won't actually see it until the first week of April.

I'm a bit torn as to whether there will be additional DLC out by then- I'd love to say yes, Trendy will churn out two more paid DLCs by then (hoping to grab some more money from us before the actual patch has come out, meaning the DLCs won't include everything the PC versions do) but it's giving Trendy too much credit to say that they'll come out with the DLCs in a timely fashion. So there probably won't be any DLC by then either. Meanwhile, the PC will have a raised level cap of 80, a 10bil Mana Cap increase, the Barbarian and Series EV characters, as well as a few new level packs.

And, if I can provide an endcap for my prediction, the patch is going to be terrible. It'll only address about half of the problems we want it to (it'll increase the mana cap and provide a level cap increase with the DLC, but fail to fix the tower attack rate bug, for example- and I doubt it'll fix the 360 hacker problem) and it'll cause a bunch of additional problems that could have been prevented by adequate playtesting. Because of this, the uproar will be terrible, and because of the fan backlash, Trendy will finally admit that they are abandoning the console versions (before even coming out with the second Lost Eternia Shards DLC).

It may sound a bit grim, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

So that's my prediction. You've heard it first here!

to be honest with you, that actually sound like right. And that comes from both a ps3 and pc user of dungeon defender. The lack of support trendy has for console is scary. But then again, I heard somewhere that sony takes 10k for uploading a patch witch sounds lame. Sony should help out in situations like these. but the video game market has become such a scary place to be in so I cant say im surprised by this matter.

I heard somewhere that sony takes 10k for uploading a patch witch sounds lame.

I've heard that as well, (except the $10k only applies after the first patch- the first one is free) but it's all hearsay. Some people say it's only Microsoft, some people say it's only Sony, some people say that every contract with Sony/Microsoft is unique and there's no way to know without looking at their specific contract, etc. At this point, the whole "$10k a patch" thing is becoming nothing but a crutch. If Trendy cared enough, they could have released a patch by now. Plain & simple. Anyone who acts like they can't afford it, fan or dev, is wrong. The thing is, they just don't see it as being a worthy investment. They've already gotten people's money and they're already raking in the dough from the PC version.

You know how I know? The fact that they don't tell us anything. The fact that now, halfway through the month they said they'd submit the patch, they still don't even know WHAT they're putting in the patch. If the only barrier in the way was money, they'd have an idea what they were doing. But the biggest indicator is their communication. It's not just a matter of them not having the patch done- it's the fact that they don't f*%$ing communicate with us. Nobody is charging them to keep us informed. Nobody is limiting how many free posts they can make telling us they're aware of how much we all feel completely neglected. But they've set their priorities, and those priorities tell them that PC users are simply more important. There's reasons behind it, yes, but anyone who acts like the difficulty/cost of patching the consoles is the only obstacle is dead wrong.

If that's the case, then why is there no progress on the PS3 version? And if there is progress, why aren't they telling us word one?

I found a rather interesting article that deals with Microsoft and their authorization process and the changes they are making for the upcoming port of Minecraft to the 360. I will post the link below since we are talking about the patch and how long things take. Take a quick read if you would like.

Article Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10604-Minecraft-to-Become-First-Xbox-360-Game-to-Receive--Constant-Updates-.html

Then again the tavern lock thing probably set them back a bit.

Damn Xboxers ruining it for the ps3'ers again... lol..

I found a rather interesting article that deals with Microsoft and their authorization process and the changes they are making for the upcoming port of Minecraft to the 360. I will post the link below since we are talking about the patch and how long things take. Take a quick read if you would like.

Article Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10604-Minecraft-to-Become-First-Xbox-360-Game-to-Receive--Constant-Updates-.html

This is the first game that I've played that's been released on Console as well as PC, and from what I've been reading here and other places, there is always a lag between the content and support that can be provided when comparing like PC to Console games. As the article above stated, it is likely that this gap will never close and it has been a problem that has existed for some time.

I simply broke down and bout this game for the PC and I know I'm not the only one who has done this, I think Classic has PSN and PC, but it may be the only solution to seeing the content we don't have anytime soon.