Way way too many item-paypal sellers and hackers - trendy plz do something

I`ve been trying to get a team to do misty nightmare mix hc survival run. The problem is I am getting really frustrated finding that in public games 8 out of 10 players who qualify (70% resist in nightmare & 1mil+ dps) are hackers who hack their items (or have bought hacked items via paypal)

A simple search for AFK Shop or games will easily show (at any given time) 7-8 different people trying to peddle hacked items via paypal

Every 7 days of play i would also find 3-4 hacked games. Games that is hacked in either super tower (10 mil damage, 10 mil range) or -99% to monster damage and +99,999% hero+tower dmg.

Why trendy must fix this

My friend`s list (guys on my friends list who frequently runs nightmare survivals) went from 20+ to 0 due to all this issue. They either quit the game or gave up ending up with hacking their items and some even going forward to selling to other players via paypal.

Now if 80% of everyone out there is cheating... wouldnt that kinda spoil the game for everyone ? I would urge trendy to look into this problem as it is way too rampant.

Suggestion

Auto delete item or ban if a player uses an item that exceed maximum. Ex: 7000 base dmg 200^ weapon, or 150^ armor that has 360 to all stats (or 450 with set bonus).

Suggestion

Auto delete item or ban if a player uses an item that exceed maximum. Ex: 7000 base dmg 200^ weapon, or 150^ armor that has 360 to all stats (or 450 with set bonus).

umm... and what about the people who dont know the item is hacked?
to be honest, you'd be surprised how LITTLE people hack, if i was to give a made up estimated statistic id say maybe 15% of people hack at some stage, but most go back to playing normally, that or they sell for money lulz.
anyway... its not hackers that are killing the game, its the loot system.
do NM HardCore should NEVER give you items from easy mode but, this is DD sadly and they dont want to change it, they want to keep losing players who struggle to get lucky gear.

umm... and what about the people who dont know the item is hacked?
to be honest, you'd be surprised how LITTLE people hack, if i was to give a made up estimated statistic id say maybe 15% of people hack at some stage, but most go back to playing normally, that or they sell for money lulz.
anyway... its not hackers that are killing the game, its the loot system.
do NM HardCore should NEVER give you items from easy mode but, this is DD sadly and they dont want to change it, they want to keep losing players who struggle to get lucky gear.

i guess this becomes more apparent as you try to find players who is sufficiently geared to do nightmare on hardcore. i know for a fact that a lot of those guys cheat. pretty easy to figure out... there is absolutely no way someone who has never finish more than 2 maps on nightmare, has never done any survival, who claims to be lucky to `pickup` 50^ to 150^ armors that has 360 to all stats (before armor set bonus), or the pet that does 500,000,000 dmg.

anyway, would a newbie know if an item was hacked IF he has paid xxx bucks via paypal to an anonymous person for an item that is impossible to get ? (ex: 500,000 base dmg weapon)

the thing is, trendy shouldnt even be allowing pets or weapons to do so much dmg, or towers that does 10 to 100mil damage per hit. then again that is just the `obvious` hacks

this game is in a point of not return... all is hacked..all have hacked item.. and trendy do nothing to stop it...

i gave up... (at begin i reported 6 players in the "report a player" forum section.. and each post have 0 view.. they don't look it...

Agreed getting really fed up with seeing people with 100 hours of dungeon defenders having 39 percent all resists 240 in hero health 400 plus in hero attack and it being only a 140 up armor. Looking at their weapons and seeing their base stat huge, hero health be like 250+ hero damage 250 + and seeing all other stats in the 20's. Irritated. and pretty much done with this game.

Now if 80% of everyone out there is cheating... wouldnt that kinda spoil the game for everyone ? I would urge trendy to look into this problem as it is way too rampant.

In b4 another DLCs get balanced with those hackers in mind. ;->

/sign

I'd vote against auto-ban — we have VAC for this. Its delayed nature makes it a bad choice for DD but it still works.

But I'd strongly vote for item checks say everytime a user connects to Trendy. This would make life for sick hackers harder and practically kill the market of hacked items.

We'd still have legit hackers — guys making items with legitimate stats out of the blue. But it's not that much of a problem as 100500 base damage items/towers IMO.

As much as I agree with what people are saying in regard to certain critera, I don't think an 'auto-ban' is nesscary. The majority of people I know, as well as me, have absoutley no idea if the items we're equipping or buying are perfectly legit or not. Trendy should really enforce and emphasis what is/what isn't legit. A lot of members within the game don't use the forums as well!

But I mean 'Trendy' aren't even communicatingwith us, the community... It's a real shame!

In b4 another DLCs get balanced with those hackers in mind. ;->

Isnt the why they have beta testers now? anyways the buyer is at much fault as the seller, simply because nothing is to be sold or bought for USD its a ban regarless. If people didnt buy there wouldnt be shops but trendy also has to ban whatever shop there is since they arent the hard to spot.

Let me put my two cents in. I've bought all the DLC except warping cores because I already don't do the challenges. I love and enjoy this game. I have dedicated 320 hours to this game only about 20 being afk time. The previous statements are to show that I REALLY enjoy this game.

That being said. I could hardly care less about hackers. Trendy please ban them but they have NO effect on me. Why do they have an effect on anyone else? This isn't a competitive game. Leave your WoW and other popular MMO attitudes, at the door and stop giving so much of a darn. Yes hacking is stupid and petty, yes it ruins the game when you run into it constantly. I see those as legitimate problems but it isn't THAT much of a problem. Make some friends, create a clan, and play with people who don't hack. Easy.

I'm surprised more people don't hack. As the gap between people that are geared and new players, or under-geared players, widens they get auto kicked before the screen even loads for the game they joined. I've have plenty of giraffe's on treadmills from insane survival games, but I can't get an uber monster fest game or any other game to get the gear for the next step of content.
The only solution I have had is to buy myth gear from shops since I'm excluded from all this cool new dlc I purchased(woot for spending money on a game I can't play!!111!!). Hopefully it's not hacked, but I have no clue as to what is. All these people complaining about players only having 400k dps instead of 1 million, or more, crack me up when I can barely scratch out 200k after over 500 hours played.

well ppl hack this game because when you go on youtube and you type dungeon defenders hack you have 10,000 videos that shows you how to...

shouldn't we QQ at YouTube about that? rofl

I stopped playing, the only way this game is going to recover is a complete rebalance + wipe off all characters, and then them actually utilizing the ban policy.

Banning everyone will also ruin the game. So wiping, and starting over is really the only way. They need to fix the game before wiping though or it'll just be the same ol' crap.

I don't expect them to wipe the game, because 99% of people would be pissed... so I really don't expect to play this game anymore. Haven't launched it in over 3 weeks, and don't plan to. I only come here to check for updates.

I stopped playing, the only way this game is going to recover is a complete rebalance + wipe off all characters

The hackers were never the problem. The ridiculously unbalanced system is the problem. I tend to agree that the only perfect fix is a complete rebalance and wipe, and I agree with your conclusion that it'll never happen because of customer backlash.

There's an imperfect fix, though. Let everyone keep their current items and rebalance the game. No more 250 upgrade weapons with millions of DPS. No more 360 stats on armor. Bring it all back down to a nice 40 upgrade max for nightmare, and balance the levels and enemies to match.

if people keep using their overpowered stuff, so be it. They can do that. But they won't find any more of it. And people who want to play a balanced game can throw away their overpowered stuff and do it right. I would gladly do it.

In fact, I started a new set of characters that don't buy from the stores or accept gifts. They only use things they found, solo. The problem is that the imbalances and crappy RNG make it nearly impossible to get the best armor and weapons that drop. So it's not fun to grind the same levels over and over, hoping for a slightly better hat.