DunDef Digest 1/18/2012 Discussion Thread

I dont care about those games only care about this one most of the people on consoles would agree that communication is lacking. While you cant make everyone happy you can inform your customer.

The Truth. We've been strung along ever since the PC got the Haloween DLC. All trendy needed to say was "this won't make it to consoles" but they didn't. And with every subsequent bit of PC content added they just contined to string us along. If they had told us straight from day one this whole mess could have been avoided.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every DunDef Digest discussion turns into a 'console players cry here' thread. Honestly, it gets more pathetic every time I see the same messages.

On top though, I like the sound of the barbarian. I'm guessing his stances do more than just make him attack differently. Can't wait to rip through assault maps dual wielding over-sized axes.

yep then a pc elitist comes in and attacks the console players who PAID MORE MONEY FOR THE GAME yet with no holiday stuff, no gender swap, no patches and looks like no new toon. just another day on this forum. SMUG CLOUD HANGS OVER THE PC

yep then a pc elitist comes in and attacks the console players who PAID MORE MONEY FOR THE GAME yet with no holiday stuff, no gender swap, no patches and looks like no new toon. just another day on this forum. SMUG CLOUD HANGS OVER THE PC

It's ok, whilst small timers like trendy care about them, big shots like Rockstar don't.

I'm not sure if this is obvious, but the PS3 DLC is in its certification process. Please see Trendy's twitter:

[QUOTE]@TrendyEnt Trendy Entertainment
@prostheus It's in the certification process as we speak, no date yet though. Sorry![/QUOTE]

See http://twitter.com/trendyent for additional details.

There is no point in arguing with them, you'll get better results in explaining things to a brick wall. People made the poor decision to spend $15 on a console game, and then get upset when it doesn't get the same support as PC. Then when it's explained to them how/why they made a mistake they get even more upset because surly their almighty console can't be screwing them over.

And as far as "PC elite" goes, label us that if you'd like, but the fact is we have every right in the world to act elitist. We had the foresight to purchase the game on a platform that the devs would be able to support very easily. If you chose to purchase this $15, INDY game on a console well then you're getting what you deserve. Next time something comes out that interests you keep this experience in mind.

Man you should have told me to go buy a new pc for myself, my wife and my friend so I could buy a game that is cheaper with better support. I missed your message. And has the patch been submitted? No then leave M$ alone. And as for INDY game this is not a INDY game, this is an ARCADE GAME! INDYS cost at most 5 bucks and they are sold in a separate locations with no adds. This had a add and cost 15 with the DLC costing 5 more. So I paid 20 bucks for a INDY game. Don't say anything if you have no clue.

I thought Trendy were going to come out and make a statement, something along the lines of "we would have liked to have brought more content to console, but...." no, they tell us nothing.

We are done with the console vs PC discussion here. Console will get updated as soon as TE knows what is happening. PC will get update when they know what's happening. It is a fact console will and is taking longer. we are no to debate why or who is to blame here anymore.

We are done with the console vs PC discussion here. Console will get updated as soon as TE knows what is happening. PC will get update when they know what's happening. It is a fact console will and is taking longer. we are no to debate why or who is to blame here anymore.

I could careless about pc vs console and I'm not blaming Trendy for anything. I would just like that they listen that some communication is better than none.

*yawn*

So, random thought: Is the addition of Barbarian going to add another 2 slots to the total character roster so we can still do one Hero and one "Tower" build of each class like always if we want?

That wont make console player feel better you know?

No disrespect Finally, but your response is an example of the problem. It's a generalized statement coming from someone who is not a spokesperson for TE, and it promotes the frustration that is being expressed on these boards. Through all the ranting and raving, you have to see that people are simply looking for information from someone at TE with the authority to communicate it.

No disrespect Finally, but your response is an example of the problem. It's a generalized statement coming from someone who is not a spokesperson for TE, and it promotes the frustration that is being expressed on these boards. Through all the ranting and raving, you have to see that people are simply looking for information from someone at TE with the authority to communicate it.

The problem is there is no information right now and TE has always been good about letting us know as much as they can the moment they know. Asking for more just causes flame wars between people for some odd reason=\

No disrespect taken, I know I don't have any important answers, just a big hammer and some crowd control =D

Man you should have told me to go buy a new pc for myself, my wife and my friend so I could buy a game that is cheaper with better support. I missed your message. And has the patch been submitted? No then leave M$ alone. And as for INDY game this is not a INDY game, this is an ARCADE GAME! INDYS cost at most 5 bucks and they are sold in a separate locations with no adds. This had a add and cost 15 with the DLC costing 5 more. So I paid 20 bucks for a INDY game. Don't say anything if you have no clue.

This is not an Arcade game seeing how this game never came out in an Arcade. It is an Indy game released by an Indy company. Just because your "platform" labels it as an "Arcade" game doesn't make it true! Like I said before, you should really remember this experience the next time a game you want to play comes out.

Don't say anything if you have no clue.

QFE.

When the new patch comes out, will the maps used in the Assault Mission pack be current maps, new maps for the challenge only, or new maps that will expand campaign gameplay?

Can you please just Confirm for us that we won't get the Barbarian?

My apologies if I am repeating things, but after 7 pages of reading I got a little tired (plus I need to get back to work!)

I got confirmation some time ago that the EU, AU & NZ DLC has been submitted to the PSN and is undergoing the certification process, so if any complaints here are because of the EU/AU/NZ not getting anything and with no news, please search the forums better.

I really hope that TE bring out EVERYTHING to console that PC gets. PC is great for patching and updating, but at some point it needs to be at a stable enough setting so that it can be changed into the PSN/XBox versions & released. Unfortunately due to the certification process this can take 1 or 2 months. I am unsure why America got the game and the DLC first on the consoles, but for all I know that may have just been because of funding purposes. I do hope Trendy will make every console version equal over time, and so we can play together too (Australia is not exactly a big country).

Wishing Trendy all the best, and hoping (like most other consolers) that more news is revealed soon about the possible availability of DLCs in the future. I hope that if there is already a definite answer on certain DLC NOT coming to console, that they will tell us.

Sure in Europe we still havent got the 1st DLC .... we have got absolutely nothing... Its annoying cause i really like this game, The DLC for pretty much every other major title games goes live in Europe and USA on the same day. i cant understand why a month later the European players are still waiting for it to go live, Im aware it was submitted for certification so hopefully we get it in the next PSN update...

Barbarian looks wicked ... hope he graces the console

I am sorry for bringing this back up Finally but I need to get this off my chest.

Who created this line in the sand that has 2 communities against each other. We are fans of the same game and as such should not be bashing each other because one version of DD has more content then the other. We as a community should have some respect for one another. In the passed 24 hours I have seen from both the console and PC communities bash each other to death and I have to say that it disappoints me to see this happen. We should be supporting each other and have some sort of understanding from each sides point of view. Like I have said before "unity is power", "separation is underpowered", lets stop with the hating, erase the line in the sand and lets try our best to get along with each other for the sake of the community because I believe that DD has one of the best communities to date and is something that I would like to see for years to come. I have said what I needed to say on that subject, now back on topic.

I really hope the barbarian makes it to consoles because he looks like such a badass and would be another great DPS character which from the looks of it (since he has no towers but instead has different stances), he will probably be the best dps character to date. When he does get released on PC, can someone over on the PC community mind giving me a review on the Barbarian if you guys do not mind :-). Thank you for reading and everyone have a nice day/night.

I am sorry for bringing this back up Finally but I need to get this off my chest.

Who created this line in the sand that has 2 communities against each other. We are fans of the same game and as such should not be bashing each other because one version of DD has more content then the other. We as a community should have some respect for one another. In the passed 24 hours I have seen from both the console and PC communities bash each other to death and I have to say that it disappoints me to see this happen. We should be supporting each other and have some sort of understanding from each sides point of view. Like I have said before "unity is power", "separation is underpowered", lets stop with the hating, erase the line in the sand and lets try our best to get along with each other for the sake of the community because I believe that DD has one of the best communities to date and is something that I would like to see for years to come. I have said what I needed to say on that subject, now back on topic.

I really hope the barbarian makes it to consoles because he looks like such a badass and would be another great DPS character which from the looks of it (since he has no towers but instead has different stances), he will probably be the best dps character to date. When he does get released on PC, can someone over on the PC community mind giving me a review on the Barbarian if you guys do not mind :-). Thank you for reading and everyone have a nice day/night.

Amen!

I don't know why we all can't be friends? Not like it's a pvp game...

Its the internet sadly =[

People will find anything to try and look cooler or better... I see no difference between console users pr PC users.... I like to ban both equally >=]

But really... people what to feel superior for some odd reason having bought the same game but a different version, making them inherently better ;) internet rule 9826

Philip Asher was on the Moonhawk Studios Presents podcast last night and he said what the barbarian's ability were going to be. Apparently, he's going to be using squire weapons and his primary and his secondary attack are his left and right weapon attacks meaning you can combo moves. Life drain stance, turtle stance ( probably a tanking ability), hawk stance gives him extra powerful moves. Battle Leap ability which allows him to jump insanely huge distances to kill a group of enemies. He also said that the series EV was going to be a tower based character. If anyone is interested in listening to the podcast, the link is http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...d=45815&cmd=tc (episode 470).