Incredibly Split Community

To the OP: Sorry mang. I've played enough online games to know it's generally better to play private games. For every one decent, intelligent player there are twenty idiots who are just going to wreck your good time. A lot of people know this and think the same way.

I'm going to second this statement. It was only yesterday or the day before (these long weekends mess with my sense of time) that I hosted an NM room to see what was out there. I named it "No dead weight please", figuring that should be easy enough to understand when starting at Hall of Court NM. Through a few hours of play, I saw several decently geared rangers and huntresses (somewhere in the 800-1200 atk range with Blasticus or 200ish up weapon), one exceptionally geared one (2.3k hero atk) with a solid aura monk, and one Squire with about a trillion health (sup, Space Docker?) with a great builder app. As each of these took off to dinners and what have you, there would be several people joining who had no business being there. I'm talking levels 25-71 with no higher level characters and no idea of what was required to perform in NM. And yes, I know they didn't have higher-levels, because I asked and waited for a response before kicking them. Except for the guy who immediately started looting EVERYTHING. He got the boot with no questions asked.

I don't know what your stats are, OP, but I was in somewhat of the same boat when NM first came out. Hell, I went through this when I first transitioned into insane! Unfortunately, your options are to either play it solo, find a friend to do it with, or keep joining games hoping for somebody who is willing to keep you around. Hit me up on steam if you want - circle_breaker. I'm happy to play with anybody with around 600+ in their most relevant stats as long as there's some thought process apparent when they play.

For the community part, I agree that it is sorely lacking in this game. The gang I played with had a great time (though I got a bit short with the one huntress about halfway through the dragon), but experiences like those seem few and far between. Not sure what can be done about it, though. Maybe a reduced grind would allow more players to achieve the gear levels necessary to compete, at least removing THAT barrier - but likely this will only make the people who truly do not understand that a game like this requires a minimum of strategy to beat harder to identify.

(For anybody who might have pegged me for a hardcore player at this point, I don't think I have a single stat breaking 1k yet)

I'm going to second this statement. It was only yesterday or the day before (these long weekends mess with my sense of time) that I hosted an NM room to see what was out there. I named it "No dead weight please", figuring that should be easy enough to understand when starting at Hall of Court NM. Through a few hours of play, I saw several decently geared rangers and huntresses (somewhere in the 800-1200 atk range with Blasticus or 200ish up weapon), one exceptionally geared one (2.3k hero atk) with a solid aura monk, and one Squire with about a trillion health (sup, Space Docker?) with a great builder app. As each of these took off to dinners and what have you, there would be several people joining who had no business being there. I'm talking levels 25-71 with no higher level characters and no idea of what was required to perform in NM. And yes, I know they didn't have higher-levels, because I asked and waited for a response before kicking them. Except for the guy who immediately started looting EVERYTHING. He got the boot with no questions asked.

I don't know what your stats are, OP, but I was in somewhat of the same boat when NM first came out. Hell, I went through this when I first transitioned into insane! Unfortunately, your options are to either play it solo, find a friend to do it with, or keep joining games hoping for somebody who is willing to keep you around. Hit me up on steam if you want - circle_breaker. I'm happy to play with anybody with around 600+ in their most relevant stats as long as there's some thought process apparent when they play.

For the community part, I agree that it is sorely lacking in this game. The gang I played with had a great time (though I got a bit short with the one huntress about halfway through the dragon), but experiences like those seem few and far between. Not sure what can be done about it, though. Maybe a reduced grind would allow more players to achieve the gear levels necessary to compete, at least removing THAT barrier - but likely this will only make the people who truly do not understand that a game like this requires a minimum of strategy to beat harder to identify.

(For anybody who might have pegged me for a hardcore player at this point, I don't think I have a single stat breaking 1k yet)

Only time you need 600+ stats is when doing boss/bonus map(s), a lot of Nightmare maps can be done with 150+ stats, though you have like 50% survival rate on the final wave because of all the Ogres that spawn. Just pointing it out there.

To the OP:

You keep saying that you refuse to spend more money on this game to unlock the full DLC patch. How much did you pay for the game originally? How much have you spent all together? How much have you spent on fast food or a steak dinner? Which has lasted longer.

Well the fast food I agree generally lasts for quite awhile depending on where you go, just not in a good way.