Hacked Items destroying the Game

The number of hacked items on Xbox Live has now reached critical mass. I wish I was exagerating but I literally cannot find a legit game anymore. Do a search and apply a filter where the host must be level 70. Pretty much every single game has hacked weapons. It's just stupid.

Now while they all probably deserve to be banned I don't really think that's the real solution since we're talking about a *LOT* of people here. The reality is that they aren't all hackers - it's just a few people who created a ton of weapons and spread them out among the population. The solution is simple - every hour... or even every 24 hours run a server side script that goes out looking for weapons/equipment that has impossible stats and simply delete it.

Nobody gets banned, but nobody has completely stupid equipment anymore either. This has gotten to the point where I simply never play online anymore. I can only play solo and some of the challenges are simply not designed to be soloed.

Wait.. there's hacks on xbox too?

Interesting..

As for your server suggestion. Keep in mind trendy is an indie company. I doubt they have the funds for server(s) that handle 10's of thousands of players across all platforms.

Of course there will be hacks.
Its not destroying the game. It does encourage modding, but it also encourages lazy work (aka instead of grinding 2 days for a 200^ w&a, mod some torn leather and torn weapon into a mythical).
Because TrendyNet is an indie company, they can't support a server. If they can't support a server, they can't support anti-cheat. If they can't support anti-cheat, then there will be mods.
Thats why it is up to the player to report hackers and cheaters. Screenshot, take a picture, get evidence any way you can.

I disagree. My game still works fine, despite people out there hacking. Game's not destroyed at all.

A person can have hacked crap if they want. They'll still die if the towers aren't placed properly. And it's hilarious watching someone with elite gear dying over and over because they've never played the higher end maps, let alone finished the main campaign.

It also helps to report players who have suspect gear.

And there in lies the rub: Not all gear that looks out of place is hacked.