Limits = bad things

I've been playing for a long time now, but i just now got intro nm hc mm, and the 1st thing i notice are limits, there is a limit on how many items can be dropped on the ground (i head different voices on this point, idk if the items that go away doing combat are lost or sold, will have to test that) also limit on mana drops.
i hear that its because of not making it lag. if so, make an option to increase the limit, i have a powerful machine,
i7 2600k, 16GB ram, GTX 460 SLI
i don't think that some more items are going to affect my fps, so let there be an option please i don't like having to go around and loot stuff during waves because i usually get killed when i do that also i don't like being limited because of "hardware limitations" when i have a 2000$ machine.
thank you

Gokalex

There are probably multiple points to the limits on items and mana. The first is the number of objects that exist. Even if a computer can handle it, there are still other issues with it. If you are online then the data still has to be tracked and it becomes easier to have some things disappear. Third reason, you can't have everything. If you just weren't quick enough to pick it up then you are going to lose some of it.

There are limits on items. When enough items drop, the lowest value items are the first to fade away. They did put a control on it like that. So if there are lots of 20k weapons out and then a 5k weapon drops. When enough more weapons drop, that 5k weapon will disappear before any of the 20k weapons. No matter what the order. The sad thing is that it is not sold. It is just destroyed.

As for the mana, unfortunately after trying to save some mana by grabbing then dropping when it would drop a 1000 mana crystal. Well mana isn't done the same as items. It seems dropped mana fades first, then oldest mana disappears as enough more mana drops.

There are probably multiple points to the limits on items and mana. The first is the number of objects that exist. Even if a computer can handle it, there are still other issues with it. If you are online then the data still has to be tracked and it becomes easier to have some things disappear. Third reason, you can't have everything. If you just weren't quick enough to pick it up then you are going to lose some of it.

on this point i want to point out how more people u have in one game the higher the limit is with goes against what you are saying, so no reason to have so few items allowed with 1 person on.

There are limits on items. When enough items drop, the lowest value items are the first to fade away. They did put a control on it like that. So if there are lots of 20k weapons out and then a 5k weapon drops. When enough more weapons drop, that 5k weapon will disappear before any of the 20k weapons. No matter what the order. The sad thing is that it is not sold. It is just destroyed.

this is wrong again, they disappear in order that they spawn, i just finished wave 13 of nm hc mm, i had a drop that was worth 3m at the beginning of the game (it was green) and guess what at the end it wasnt there but a lot of 100-200k drops are still there

i could do that, if i wanted a lot more mobs as well, it already takes a long time to go thou 6.5k mobs for 1 wave of survival (above 15) so i don't think i will do that

Allowing players to raise the limit provides an unfair advantage to those with a high end pc. As long as you can work out atleast 20 fps, you get an equal game experience.

Allowing players to raise the limit provides an unfair advantage to those with a high end pc. As long as you can work out atleast 20 fps, you get an equal game experience.

A high end PC? Dungeon Defenders is not exactly a beast of a game that requires top spec machines...

Or are you trying to cater for people playing on a emulated Gameboy connecting with a 3G simcard or something? lol

And "unfair advantage"? Are you prohibited from getting a new PC if by some how you do have a really really old machine? What about people that can afford to buy all the DLC? What about those people that don't have full time jobs and can spend 12 hours a day playing?

What about those "unfair" advantages?

What's bad about limiting how many items are on the ground? Sounds like someone just wants to make 1 billion mana per wave. "Oh but good items vanish too," So? Name of the game. We all deal with it and frankly I'm just fine with it. I would really hate to sort through everything or have all of that visual garbage on my screen. pansy.

Yes we all deal with it but that isn't "the name of the game"... We all deal with lag and steam drop outs... Just because we all deal with it doesn't mean it is working as intended.

Someone mentioned that the game prioritizes what loot will disappear meaning the junk will poof first. Great in theory. But my issue is that it constantly tells me that a 22^ weapon is an upgrade I've my 220ish ^ weapon. Or that the 1/1^ armor is a step up on my 160ish one... And not to mention it seems to see weapons as more valuable so all The armor is pretty well gone a few seconds after it drops.

Sounds like someone just can't get high enough on survival to be bothered by their loot disappearing.

Nope survival = snore.

Well there you go, so why are you commenting on an issue that really doesn't affect you? Except perhaps that you just don't get any, and can't afford to buy any decent gear. You are one of those people that think every bit of decent gear is hacked since you can't obtain any of it aren't you?

" pansy."

That aside, I agree that it is a bit of a snooze fest but sadly it is the best way to get the sort of loot you require to get a lot of the endgame stuff done. This is why it needs to be more worth while by stopping loot from disappearing.

I have yet to see this called a "feature" but have seen it referred to as a "bug" quite a few times.

Your necessity to just trash people has certainly come through in your posts.

As to the bad info I used, someone told me that was the way, and in seeing some items dissapear, I had never had the experience where a valuable item dissapeared and I found a much less valuable item still around. So with what I had seen so far, I believe that the loot was faded carefully.

As it is, considering the methods that the game picks which items are better, it might be that it is selecting which items are more valuable, but it uses some oddly miscalculating scale. Items with minus values are calculated as just as valuable with items with those values in the positive. As well as many other issues.

Without an in depth look we can't tell. Still it does seem that people have experienced that the oldest goes first. It's easier to believe that. It would be nice to not lose as many items, or to at least get some value out of it. Here's hoping for a change.

Best change might be no limit of items, but we can guess that that would surpass every computers capacity to handle eventually.

Next best is double or triple the current limits. A lot of players hardware could easily handle these limits and go farther, so it would be good to get this.

A side option or perhaps the third best option, faded items go into a credit for the round. You don't get as much as if they were there when you start the next round, but they do get sold for some of their value and you have to win the round to get the reward for them. It would feed in with the you can't have everything expectation, but wouldn't mean that everything is completely lost. Plus it adds a bit more reward to the completion of many end rounds and to many survival rounds passed wave 5, and to everything higher then that.

this is wrong again, they disappear in order that they spawn, i just finished wave 13 of nm hc mm, i had a drop that was worth 3m at the beginning of the game (it was green) and guess what at the end it wasnt there but a lot of 100-200k drops are still there

This is also untrue. Every dropped item has an equal chance to despawn when an item needs to despawn (mana and equipment). I have literally watched an item that just got dropped despawn the moment it hit the ground.

Your necessity to just trash people has certainly come through in your posts.

Wait I am sorry... Aren't you the one that said...

[QUOTE] pansy. [/QUOTE]

I do not try and "trash" people, but I will certainly respond in kind.

Some of your interim suggestions do sound good though. Like increasing the number of items that remain visible would be a good start. But I don't think the issue is so much wanting the items to count towards getting Mana (most people that can Farm NM maps can get to 2Bil pretty easy) it is just that when a green loot flashes up (or when you do manage to find an Upgrade that is not tagged green [which happens A LOT]) but it disappears before you can loot it makes the whole process of Survival (which as you mentioned is a total Snore) become such a bitter and jaded experience and makes the game less fun

LOL you are absolutely right. My apologies... Not sure how I managed that, but the conversation did seem to flow!

Sentiment still stands though, if someone is rude or snappy I'll give it right back...

Semi-Solution-At least make it sell items and distribute mana when they despawn in the battle phase.

Semi-Solution-At least make it sell items and distribute mana when they despawn in the battle phase.

I disagree. This would cause a HUGE inflation in the economy and people are already pissed at the 200mil mana cap.