Solo Insane Monster Fest (PS3/360)

I haven't seen a guide yet regarding this, so thought I'd post one up. This is a very easy setup and is viable on Insane with moderately equipped characters. I will post my characters exact stats a bit later, but I believe my Squire's Tower Health is at about 200 and Tower Attack is around 150 and my Monk's Aura Health and Attack are both around 180. I will try to post a video at some point, but I've never done that before, so we'll see how this goes. Anyhoo, below is the cubicle ninja link which has a few notes as to how to get the build up and going.

Basically, starting off with your Tower Squire, gather the two initial chests right next to you and below that one, next to the stairs. Then run back up the stairs, into the left corridor. Just past the first spawn point you come across, place a Slice and Dice in the doorway at the bottom of the next staircase. Continue up, past where the eastern-most crystal would be located on the campaign mission and place another Slice and Dice in the narrowest part of the corridor before it turns around the corner to the right (straight towards the eastern-most spawn point). You do want a little room left before the corner so that your Bowling Balls (not yet summoned) will be able to protect your Slice and Dice.

The Slice and Dice barricades should be sufficient for pretty much the entire first wave, however, you don't have time to mess around, so get to building all the Bowling Ball cannons. I put 12 on the staircase facing towards the doorway that's blocked with the first Slice and Dice summoned and 6 in the corridor facing the other Slice and Dice. I'm usually able to get all of the Squire's Towers summoned by the end of the third battle phase, but you should be fine even going into the fourth with just these. As soon as you have all of these towers summoned (you will likely need to repair some of them to keep them alive, maybe even necessary to rebuild a few of them depending on how bad the ogres treat you), you will want to switch out to your Aura Monk.

With the Monk, summon two Strength Drain auras covering the Slice and Dice barricades and possibly the closest row of Bowling Ball cannons. You should then place Healing Auras basically on top of the group of Bowling Ball cannons, stretching out just to the beginning of the Slice and Dice barricades. Once this is done, and you should get all of these summoned by the end of one wave with the Monk active, you will need to switch to your DPS character to finish out the waves.

This may even be possible without switching to a DPS character, but I haven't tried this personally. You will need to continue to repair/upgrade your towers/auras to keep them alive whilst also helping them along when the ogres show up.

As I said previously, I hope to have a video walkthrough recorded some time soon, but not sure if I'll get to it. Hope this helps anyone who's been having trouble with this challenge and I look forward to constructive criticism and feedback!

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11309

Before SODA's and the DLC, I would solo it regularly with an aura monk and a traptress w/ an elemental SF and a fairy. Grab the first chest with your monk, drop healing and str drain auras in the middle, switch to your traptress, spam inferno-gas-prox-spike lines at all entrances, spikes in the middle for stray wyverns and DEWS, profit.

But yeah, SODA's and Kairi kindof make this moot.

Thanks Tobias, just used you method and it worked great. Everything got decimated on the final wave but there were only like 100 enemies left and was able to finish em off my self. probably cause my 150 tower health. but damn, those ogres sure are light on their feet.

Thanks Tobias, just used you method and it worked great. Everything got decimated on the final wave but there were only like 100 enemies left and was able to finish em off my self. probably cause my 150 tower health. but damn, those ogres sure are light on their feet.

Congrat's on your solo win!

I forget how tough it can be without a SODA, Kairi, or all those things. Good Job on that accomplishment bro!

I forget how tough it can be without a SODA, Kairi, or all those things. Good Job on that accomplishment bro!

I have been doing it with just a tower squire and aura monk for awhile now. It really isn't that hard.