Collection of Nightmare Survival Tower Layouts

I've seen a lot of Misty Survival builds using enrage auras which I find very useful as well. However, I see a lot putting them as close to spawn as possible, but I find it more useful to place them at the most narrow point of their path to your defenses. This can end up clogging the lane and blocking ogrres, preventing you from having to deal with all of them at your walls at the same time.

top spawn clogs more while putting the enrage a the spawn point, thats for sure, most other spawns do also (xept east spawn maybe). But the goal is also to make sure your towers are not killing the mobs. Slower mob killing = slower spawn rate (for ogres and in general).

What I DO like with closer enrage auras is you can DPS the mobs while in the base xD

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not for the life of me get past the massive ogre zerg at the begining of wave 10. Does any one have a good way of dealing with this?

Mooky, read my above post, also, try playing with more players, mob count goes up but not ogre count. This means that the ogres spawn slower. So yeah... havent ppl AFK in ur game can actually help you (wont help at wave 20 tho xD). I find it really hard to pass wave 12 solo, but its a breeze in dup, just because the amount of mobs double. ( I duo with an afk controler ).

I can not for the life of me get past the massive ogre zerg at the begining of wave 10. Does any one have a good way of dealing with this?

I got stuck there my first time as well, but I was on a DPS char who had a genie out for maximum tower upgrade potential. The problem I feel I encountered with that is that I didn't have the 33% tower bonus from being on my builder, which is probably more than my low hero DPS on Nightmare, and that I wasn't using a good guardian to boost the towers that were attacking the ogres.

On my next attempt I used my builder and an Apprentice guardian. I stood within range of the ogre-attacking towers and even ran in for some suicidal repair attempts when I saw at least one go into its 'roar animation', which were sometimes successful. Just changing those couple of things got me to wave 12 - which has an even crazier mass of ogres to rip through your defenses as if they were wet paper - and I only made it through about half of the ogres on that wave.

For my next attempt I am going to try sliding the enrage auras around to smaller choke points to see if that helps choke up some of the ogres and space a few of them out. If I can get them to attack walls at times other than 'all at once' I may stand a chance.

we were able to 4 man the final boss with 1200 tower health on the walls, 900TH and 1000TA on the aurus, and 700/1100/600/700 for the tower stats.

2 guys ran the perimeter following ogres and making sure nothing went down, and the other two focused on the queen and keeping the middle mass alive.

we had 2 app guardians and 2 hunter guardians, all in the 50/60 ^ range and experience no problems or moments of stress

I got stuck there my first time as well, but I was on a DPS char who had a genie out for maximum tower upgrade potential. The problem I feel I encountered with that is that I didn't have the 33% tower bonus from being on my builder, which is probably more than my low hero DPS on Nightmare, and that I wasn't using a good guardian to boost the towers that were attacking the ogres.

On my next attempt I used my builder and an Apprentice guardian. I stood within range of the ogre-attacking towers and even ran in for some suicidal repair attempts when I saw at least one go into its 'roar animation', which were sometimes successful. Just changing those couple of things got me to wave 12 - which has an even crazier mass of ogres to rip through your defenses as if they were wet paper - and I only made it through about half of the ogres on that wave.

if the builder is very likely to die id skip using it, you dont need the 30% bonus, what you need is BURST
since there are 20 ogres there will be surely 1 or 2 points with MANY ogres, maybe even 4 or 5, you dont need much upgraded turrets or walls, you just need to bring rapid burst in those chokes

so first ofc like you told app guardian is a must, second survive is also important, if you die defenses probably wont hold the next multi ogre if its too much unlucky with spiders etc

i usually go genie until 9 and upgrade to 3 star all the AOE i got (light and fire turrets) then walls the more i can (usually 1 star or less) and thats enough , wave 10 12 i take guardian, focus the most problematic points and cicle repair to keep everything full
then i retake genie wave 13-15 and should be more than enough to upgrade all the walls and dmg to the max, maybe leaving the auras since its not really needed to have them maxed

in duo or more you should really have everything maxed for wave 10 or 11 so not much choice

Here is my Hardcore Mistymire Forest Nightmare Survival Guide:

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=15812

Me and my friends who are I play with often make it to 25+ just about everytime with this setup.

GL

Don't take offense, but I am highly skeptical this is a viable build. Firstly, I don't see this as having enough towers in the lanes to take down wave 20 ogres, much less wave 25. You're relying on 1 fireball and 1 lightning to take down a 20 plus million health ogre by wave 20. I just don't see it happening. The other gigantic flaw I see is the 12 dus spent on dynamite traps. Spiders by wave 20 are barely going to be phased by a dynamite trap, and there are no walls to keep them on top of the trap. Just seems like 12 wasted dus.

Don't take offense, but I am highly skeptical this is a viable build. Firstly, I don't see this as having enough towers in the lanes to take down wave 20 ogres, much less wave 25. You're relying on 1 fireball and 1 lightning to take down a 20 plus million health ogre by wave 20. I just don't see it happening. The other gigantic flaw I see is the 12 dus spent on dynamite traps. Spiders by wave 20 are barely going to be phased by a dynamite trap, and there are no walls to keep them on top of the trap. Just seems like 12 wasted dus.

I am assuming because of enrage auras, it clusters so many mobs that the 3 towers are enough to control anything besides ogres, then when ogres do come the 4 heros converge and dps down the ogres (all are 1million+ dps).

In short, it isn't a good strategy for towers, it is a strategy to ween mobs through slowly and deal with ogres 1 by 1

Dark Elf Warrior one shot my squire 140k HP and 60 all res, 20 wave NM MF HC...best wave 22 -_-

how can you only have 60 res?
with 4 120 up pieces you can reach 90% resist

you should have much more at least 40 45 in generic resist per piece that like i told above is achievable with 100+ items

its really a huge boost try to work to get it

I am assuming because of enrage auras, it clusters so many mobs that the 3 towers are enough to control anything besides ogres, then when ogres do come the 4 heros converge and dps down the ogres (all are 1million+ dps).

In short, it isn't a good strategy for towers, it is a strategy to ween mobs through slowly and deal with ogres 1 by 1

Right, that's the idea. Problem is it's not perfect. Even with enrages in each lane, you'll at times get 2-4 ogres at your walls simultaneously. Kobolds and warriors do a lot of damage to walls, and with so few towers, you're going to have quite a few hit the walls. Basically meaning you're going to have to be repairing all lanes. At around 1200 mobs at wave 20+, you have a large scale spider spawn that needs to be dealt with by heros. Those two DSTs aren't going to do it by themselves. You can't control this map perfectly, and relying on all 4 heros to dps down every ogre I don't see happening.

And I still see those 12 dus spent on spider dynamite traps as a near total waste.

Here is my Hardcore Mistymire Forest Nightmare Survival Guide:

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=15812

Me and my friends who are I play with often make it to 25+ just about everytime with this setup.

GL

Thank you BonVoyage for posting your team's tower layout for Mistymire Survival. I like how the players covering the south and west crystals boost all towers in that area, including the DSTs for the spiders. This layout, despite some opinions, looks promising from a team standpoint.

I have one question. Have you made any attempts solo with this layout?

Thank you BonVoyage for posting your team's tower layout for Mistymire Survival. I like how the players covering the south and west crystals boost all towers in that area, including the DSTs for the spiders. This layout, despite some opinions, looks promising from a team standpoint.

I have one question. Have you made any attempts solo with this layout?

tried it solo once made it to 20 then lost lol

but it helps to have 1.5m dps on the 3 ranged players

Right, that's the idea. Problem is it's not perfect. Even with enrages in each lane, you'll at times get 2-4 ogres at your walls simultaneously. Kobolds and warriors do a lot of damage to walls, and with so few towers, you're going to have quite a few hit the walls. Basically meaning you're going to have to be repairing all lanes. At around 1200 mobs at wave 20+, you have a large scale spider spawn that needs to be dealt with by heros. Those two DSTs aren't going to do it by themselves. You can't control this map perfectly, and relying on all 4 heros to dps down every ogre I don't see happening.

And I still see those 12 dus spent on spider dynamite traps as a near total waste.

wave 20-25 between the traps dsts and my mana bombs...i drop all spiders in the inner part

Hi there ! Since the app nerf i guess it's time to review our strategies. I'm gonna level up my squire (dear god :( ) to try some new tactics. All i can say is that the lightning tower effect on spider is a bit f*cked now. On some maps it will not change drastically the gameplay because aura's can do what light did. But on others aura's range isn't as good as lightning towers. Squire time coming again... !

I've done a quick search of the forums and can't find a Summit Survival layout. Anyone got one? Having a bit of trouble with this.

Kind of interested to hear how everyone is doing in Misy since the app nerf. I haven't had my group together for a few days, so experimenting solo. Here's the best I could come up with.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=16641

This has taken me to wave 18 solo but let me tell you, it was not easy. That's after being able to go to 20 solo with little difficulty in 7.15, 24 with group, pretty discouraging. Stats are not great on the squire because I really didn't have a gear set for him, just putting it together now.

Squire: 817/1478/636/863
App: 817/1719/903/1073
Also using 2600+ hp wall builder.
Huntress was used for combat since neither builder has hybrid gear.

Harpoons are your main ogre killers, but using lots of harpoons was usually met with disaster. The faster rotation has done nothing to solve their horrible targeting problems, and tendency to track mobs behind walls/trees/etc. While they're great at taking down ogres, I still find it necessary to use an apprentice to deal with all the other mobs.

Problems are:

Apprentice towers hardly do any damage anymore. By wave 16, DEWs and Kobolds are having little issue getting to the walls and adding their damage to that done by ogres. DEWs were quite regularly inside my walls, the fireballs generally unable to do much to kill them. By mid-late waves, mobs have enough health that lightning towers are hardly doing a damn thing. I'm considering scrapping them, but frankly, I don't know what I would put in their place.

Auras decay very quickly now, meaning more time repairing those instead of walls and towers. I may be off here, but it seems like my cast speed is slower than it had been. At 250 cast speed it takes quite a long time to repair a half health mage wall.

The central harpoons are my primary work horses when it comes to killing ogres in the problem north and east lanes. They however spend a lot of time webbed, and frankly I don't know how to solve that.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear how other people are faring in this map and how you've adjusted your build.

tbh the other day i did a random build with squire and worked till 20 fine as b4, at 20 died cause my mate died at start of the wave and i couldnt handle everything alone

i think light towers are useless now, ofc first waves they work cause everything has no hp at all but its a illusion

next time ill try a full squire i guess dunno why you forget about bowling balls.. they do more dps than harpoons, (Sometimes spiders can dodge the direct ball but get hit by a rebound) and work perfectly in lane both vs ogres and to clear the small stuff b4 they reach the walls

for spiders i would go with bouncer blockade i think but still didnt figure out the perfect placement
i think 4 man shouldnt be hard tbh, BB with guardian can 1 shot spiders and you will have a guardian on all of them surely, while solo it seems more hard to use them

I didn't forget bowling balls. I don't think they're useful. This isn't a flat map, the balls get hung up in every nook and cranny. Where would you even put a bowling ball? North lane it would be wasted since it could only shoot to the left or right of the tree, not both. East is wasted since, well it'll only shoot the east lane. A harpoon there can shoot both east and north. I tried one south, they get hung up on the bridge. Don't see any use for bowling balls.

As for bouncers, that's 8 or 12 dus that contribute nothing to the lane.

Edit: Here's some stats. Currently doing a run where I placed a BB in north (firing east of the tree), east and west. Tried south as well, but it can't fire over the apex of the bridge, so I scrapped it.

Kills following wave 12

BB Nearest Harp
North 65 259
East 160 137
West 121 241

BBs are trash for this map. East lane is the only lane where the geography permits them to be semi effective.

Edit 2: Well that formatted horribly, but you get the idea.

Squire's major issue in the game right now is the high DU cost of all of their towers compared to their utility. Their walls aren't much bigger than app walls and don't remove resists. The single target dps turret costs 8 du and can't hit air units. The multi-target (via piercing) turret can't hit a moving target (NOT BECAUSE OF THE TRACKING SPEED) because of projectile speed and costs much more than any comparable app turret. The bouncer tends to be used as an anti-air cannon even though it can't shoot. The slice and dice can only hurt things that walk into it (typically not ogres unless a turret behinds them draws agro and gets the ogre close enough), but typically does its job well.

Is the spider queen still soloable with an app after the nerf to app towers? Anyone tried it? Does the basic set up described in op still work?