How much does DPS get decreased by in NightMare mode?

I tried playing NM survival in foundries with my friend and was not able to kill the ogres properly due to the reduction in DPS ):
What DPS am I looking for on the tavern dummy before I can tackle ogres properly?
P.s my Mage does 1.4m DPS when all projectiles hit the tavern dummy >

I really cant understand the reason why hero DPS was reduced and tower DPS increased in NM...its plainly retarded...if you are Huntress they just say you GTFO if you have <500k dps and its like a month of playing. And I fell myself pretty useless - i was supposed to be an ogre-killer since tower deal much better with regular creeps, but now, with my 200k DPS (and 200k dps is hard to achieve for new player!!!) I just cant do anything. I do less DPS then 3 towers and all I can do just kyte the Ogre.
I really dont understand the reason. PVP? Then apply this idiotic nerf only PVP arenas!

I really cant understand the reason why hero DPS was reduced and tower DPS increased in NM...its plainly retarded...if you are Huntress they just say you GTFO if you have <500k dps and its like a month of playing. And I fell myself pretty useless - i was supposed to be an ogre-killer since tower deal much better with regular creeps, but now, with my 200k DPS (and 200k dps is hard to achieve for new player!!!) I just cant do anything. I do less DPS then 3 towers and all I can do just kyte the Ogre.
I really dont understand the reason. PVP? Then apply this idiotic nerf only PVP arenas!

Less than 500k DPS on the tavern dummy or in NM? I am pretty confused by the DPS requirement of some people because they don't say if it is on the dummy or in NM. Is your 200k DPS on the dummy?

Another 2 questions:
1. What is kiting?
2. How much is resist reduced by?

Kiting is running around while the boss focus you. Kiting+attacking=harrasing

Hundress is not a char to farm ogers. Hundress is still the killer but in MM.
Hundress need around 1kkdps at tavern to be usefull in MM.

Alot of people favour Apprentice on Nightmare, I prefer Squire personally due to harpoon range being absolutely insane/damage from harpoons when you're near them with an APP guardian is off the charts aswell. My harpoons hit for 70-80k every 0.31 when near with an app guardian - i'm sure people with better gear do alot better than that aswell :p even with that damage tho I still need a ranged dps to deal with bosses and some ogres when theres alot coming out.

You might have trouble with a Hunt on NM, but you're far from useless. Equip a genie and do the following:

• Perma Invis
  • Upgrade the defenses during the wave
  • Kill spiders while invisible
  • Not be targeted by spiders while invisible

Equip a gun that does AOE damage such as a disc shooter or a crystal tracker type wep and you can be an asset in NM.

Your fellow players will appreciate you going invisible and killing off the spiders to keep them off of the defenses and off of those who can't go invisible.

DEWs however will still violate you in every which way possible before you can make a single sound.

Damage is 16.5% (1/6). Test your DPS on the dummies behind the crystal in Deeper Wells NM.

Resistances are (currently - it's change like 3 times now) at 50% in Nightmare.

Kiting is attacking bosses/ogres to keep their attention on you while running around avoiding their attacks, usually to keep them from killing your defenses while also keeping them in tower range.

DinJoh[QUOTE]Kill spiders while invisible
Not be targeted by spiders while invisible[/QUOTE]They kinda can see me and kinda rape me hard.
Also genie is not cheap. And this is not being "usefull". Squire can do this much better, let alone courtress. This damage nerf has no reason and very, very wrong.

DinJohThey kinda can see me and kinda rape me hard.
Also genie is not cheap. And this is not being "usefull". Squire can do this much better, let alone courtress. This damage nerf has no reason and very, very wrong.

I use my huntress all of the time in NM. A lot more survivability than an apprentice, albeit not quite the dps output, but more than enough to kill spiders and help towers kill ogres. She does ~700k dps in tavern (not including piercing shot) and is still very useful in NM.

Spiders won't see you invisible, but if you walk into a flying web, it will knock you out of it. The genie is helpful because you can get a TON of mana really fast on a huntress. Fire into a pack of mobs, get mana, upgrade defenses, rinse, repeat. You can get a free cheap genie from Mistymire randomly from the Shroomites. Either that or farm campaign Spires NM for item shop pets or something for a better one.

DinJohThey kinda can see me and kinda rape me hard.

So don't buy the Djinni. http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=5535 Hall of Court Pure Strategy. Just do it on Medium or something. Easy as hell to get far enough for the pet, and it's decent enough for pretty much whatever you need.

This damage nerf has no reason and very, very wrong.

They probably did it so that they could make ogres and bosses more challenging without having to give them ridiculous amounts of health.

Also, if you only have 200K damage then you are still fairly new to the game and shouldn't be attempting Nightmare in the first place. Of course you are going to get beaten badly. To put things in perspective, my tower build Adept does almost 1mil DPS (consistant 800K, sometimes 900K because of charge speed). That is also considered 'low'.

It's to make it more of a tower based game. Hero dps was getting too obscene. You'll notice that towers do MORE dps in nightmare, not necessarily as compensation, but just to reincentivize the focus of the strategy.

Typical 30-32% in resistances for all 4 armors will be 60% in nightmare. You can get to 70-80% resistance with high upgrade mythical armor because every (10?) upgrades you can upgrade beyond the cap.

Spiders will always be ***.

Yanahma
Im 500k now and its too low. Im doing only 90k on NM and 3 towers of my mage-friend are doing about 120k already.
I think I will probably stop playing DD, or I will just drop my huntress and lvlup some coutress or monk. Monk for tower boost probably. It sad to see that devs just went HURR DURR LETS TRASH DPS CHARS LAWL
DPS chars are ogre-killers, because towers are so much better deal with creeps (especially vs spiders on NM, towers rape them, while spiders rape my huntress) so the only good thing was supporting towers and killing ogres, now I dont see any point to play huntress, except trapping god damn spiders.

Dooky
[QUOTE]strategy on nightmare[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL your joke was hilarious, truly hilarious.

My resists seem to be -30 on each on from the other difficulties, but yeah the dps change is kind of ridiculous - to be fair tho my brother does like 400k dps on his 71 monk so I have no idea how your only doing 200k at 74. Sounds like you need a new weapon, or more hero attack stat?

[QUOTE]I really cant understand the reason why hero DPS was reduced and tower DPS increased in NM...its plainly retarded...[/QUOTE]the idea was to put the tower defense back in a tower defense game, so no, it's not retarded.

Oops I didn't see your reply there but either way you may want to post screenshot of your stat / weapon maybe someone can give you useful tips rather then just broad comments - since other people are obviously making dps work on NM.

MsOtherName
So what should i do? Look for 240^ minigun and farm for a few months to enchant it? I have mid-grade chain set now and 500 hero health & 800 hero damage total stats. DPS was only thing I could do (unlike monk & courtress, and even squire, who is EXTREMELY tough and therefore good for repairing/upgrading) and now I'm pretty much useless. Other classes are more usefull with less effort, thats the point.

huntress ability to go invisible makes here the repairer/upgrader. Also, those who keep saying this is a tower defense game, it isn't JUST tower defense. It's also hack & slash, meaning the towers aren't supposed to do all the work. The heroes are supposed to be just as viable as a tower. Pure Strategy is for the hardcore tower defense fans.

if your not doing enough dps, get a new weapon or redo your stats. if your using a hybrid, that could very well be the central issue. With a hybrid your putting points into other stats that is knocking down your ability to dps. If this is the case, you could make another huntress if you need traps, and power level using insane glitter.