Trendy, Scrap DD and Make DD2 an October 2012 Release

This thread went from a discussion to pointing fingers quick!

Par for the course on these forums. There's so much honest stupidity it's hard for most people to ignore the intentional stupidity. This thread quickly revealed itself to be the latter.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and 3/10 is very original....

Not as original as sarcasm is, I'll give you that.

I toss a few crumbs of insight and the cult members on this board come out in droves.

Crumbs are insight? I've heard better insight come out of the rear of animals. Everything you say is just nonsense. You come up with an extreme, zany idea that TE should just completely disregard their flagship game because of some problems that can easily be fixed without forcing their player base to buy everything again and start from scratch. When people tried rationally explaining to you that there were less extreme ways of fixing said problems you resorted to personal insults because obviously anyone who disagrees with you is uneducated or flooding the forums because we're bitter and useless.

Face it dude, you're trolling and you know it. Every post you're contradicting yourself. Dungeon Defenders 1 is a lost cause that TE shouldn't even bother with, but they can take everything in DD1 and put it into DD2 and it will work perfectly because there is a 2 at the end of the title. You claim people are just shooting down your ideas, when in reality people are offering counter points on why your idea is terrible and unnecessary. Instead of just going "Yeah, you're right. I guess these problems can just be fixed with some proper patches and serious consideration" you fall back to a child like mentality and start posting stupid pictures in a vain attempt to look awesome, You're right though, "we're" the ones who are vying for attention.

READ MY ORIGINAL POST. It was an idea, one that many happened to agree with while others tossed out variations of that same suggestion.

Many player will agree with you for one reason:
You present an issue, and provide only one way of solving it, and not list all the other possible alternatives. Of course they will agree with you.

Nuff said about that.

This community has more or less become a cliquish sect. People like Vesper and Janitorus flood the forum with one-liners and zingers desperate for attention. In this case, mine. They have nothing else better to do in their lives; they just continue to spam the forums mostly out of boredom. They're completely disposable in society. Bitter and useless, and they know it. I figured I would try to start a discussion on how to make the game better; once again these loners sit in their parents basements licking the Cheetos of their fingers just to shoot down ideas.

luv.

Once again you prove you have no idea what you're talking about. "cliquish sect"? I don't even know those guys that you're claiming I'm cliquing around with. If you were actually around the forums instead of dropping by to post asinine suggestions, you might know that I don't post nearly as much on the forums these days like I did when the game first came out. But once again, I don't agree with your opinion so I must be some loser/loner who lives with his parents and I'm useless and bitter about it.

Here's an idea; next time you feel the need to start a discussion on how to improve the game, maybe you should be receptive to people who don't agree with your theories and keep in mind that you (as shocking as this sounds) might not be correct with what you're suggesting. Then again, trollers gonna troll so I guess just keep doing your thing. At least the rest of us can smile in the knowledge that nobody is taking you seriously, and you'll just disappear again soon enough.

I'm more of a Doritos man.

For the sake of the topic i'll now be ignoring the four who keep posting for my attention Vesper, janitorus, ceemeeir, and quikassasin0.

Let's get this topic back on track...

Whats the news exactly with the upcoming patch? A few have mentioned the idea of server wipe. Was this information posted by the devs?

There is a search feature.

Use it.

Or navigate the forum to the patch subsection

You will find the preliminary patch notes there, together with a thread for discussion about it.

I'm pretty sure that OP never said anything about hating this game. I also don't see why it's not plausible for Trendy to continue patching and adding to this game WHILE also working on DD2. One thing I also think people need to realise is that some of things they're requesting will never be implemented due to the amount of work required. Instead of getting half baked gameplay elements wedged in, I'd much prefer a new game with these ideas implemented perfectly.

The main reason I support a new title is that seems apparant to me that the game was not originally designed to scale the way that it has. I think a combination of both engine limitations and design decisions that the game was originally built around has made it difficult to implement what players want. I don't think it's a matter of Trendy not being competent enough to "fix" the current game, rather that they are limited in what they can do without fundamentally altering the game.

Also for the record, I think the game is a great buy and a lot of fun as it is. I just also believe that there is far more potential for the series as well.

There is a search feature.

Use it.

Or navigate the forum to the patch subsection

You will find the preliminary patch notes there, together with a thread for discussion about it.

Ouch haha. The OP is making enemies in all the wrong places!