any tips for assault?

so ive been practicing my assault runs, i can usually get the second crystal destroyed with about 1:10 left, but i can never manage to get the third crystal, could anyone give me some tips?

A good tactic is to jump off the slice-n-dicers or bowling ball towers. There's youtube videos of this if you search.
Might take several tries to get it right and learn but you'll get it done. Soon as you get back there spam piercing shot.

I have only been able to get the last crystal in one of 2 ways. Using the Parkour technique of hopping over the obstacles rather than destroying all of them. This I can do with roughly 25% consistency which is pretty low. Also on the way to the third crystal there are steps with fire and MM towers with a few mobs and prox mines. You can destroy most of them from using Piercing Shot through the wall below the steps. You can look it up on youtube.

There is also the "other" technique that I figured out ... but I won't discuss that here as it may not be allowed :skeleton:

If you have a really powerfull crystal tracker as a huntress then you might be able to solo it. Ive done it about five times and succeded three times with the crystal tracker.

If you have a really powerfull crystal tracker as a huntress then you might be able to solo it. Ive done it about five times and succeded three times with the crystal tracker.

Yeah i find the Crystal Tracker to be the weapon of choice for solo runs of this. The range may be nerfed but the AOE more than makes up for it as well as the damage with piercing shot.

Yeah i find the Crystal Tracker to be the weapon of choice for solo runs of this. The range may be nerfed but the AOE more than makes up for it as well as the damage with piercing shot.

Also,It would be alot easier if there was another way to get the ballistica cause that gun works by far the best for this challenge. Piercing shot is a great dps booster though.

The third crystal is the hardest to get and what i do for that run, is get the first crystal, then the third. and if i can get the third one then ill go for the second cause its the easiest one to get. try this out. oh and you have to do the JUMP thing in order to get the third crystal and save alot of time. you can add me and ill run you thru on how to. my GT is : xIBNx Sh0tTaZ (with a zero not a "O" ) let me know.

On assault learn how to pakour the last crystal that will help alot, I have about 80% - 90% success rate with doing it
My best run on insane is 59seconds and on hard 57seconds if your ps3 I can help ya just add CobbDog22

CT is the best weapon for it (unless you have a SODA's or GS, in which case you probably aren't struggling with Assault). My first successful solo runs were with a 1500+ CT, so it doesn't even require a good one.

Resistances are surprisingly crucial for mitigating F-up damage. I can't count the number of times the DEW at the last crystal has killed me.

Take the left in front of the first crystal, skipping it. This will take you up a path with ensnare and str drain auras and a couple towers, which is significantly faster than going around the long way. Climb up to the third crystal and kill it first, as it's the hardest and there's no need to do a bunch of leg work only to fail at the end. Once it's down, you can jump off the side, climb through the auras again, and go after the second crystal (it's easiest to approach from the far left side). After the second crystal you can jump down literally on top of the first and kill it without having to deal with any of it's defenses.

An alternate way to skip the first crystals defenses is to jump across the gap to it - useful in case you screw up and it's the only one left.

main method:
54% resistance set(mainly physical and fire), HP giraffe, the highest damage gun u can find.

on the 3rd crystal, kill off the turrents and ninja, jump over the ensnare aura, side step to either left or right to avoid bowling ball while killing off the first group of enemy. walk pass fire trap, kill off 2nd group of enemy, jump over the mine and kill crystal.

---------------------

alternative method(takes more time):
bring any non-chicken granade launcher, at the 2nd crystal, clear the area, aim at bridge and fire away until you see damage is dealt to the 3rd crystal.

As mentioned above, you either hop over the defences or destroy everything in your path. For huntress best weapon of choice for me, is a good Crystal Tracker.
Lately I ve been tackling this with my apprentice :)

If your going to do the hurdle trick, make sure you get a running start from the rear left corner of the flame/stone and jump to the middle harpoon, then to the middle bowling ball and over to the crystal. lol its fun to do but can be challenging if it's your first time. Good Luck!