Hacking/Cheating/Exploiting/Glitching Reporting and Item Checks

methinks you should rename yourself to mr insult instead of mr helpful

I disagree. He has taken it upon himself to provide tough love on this forum to all the whiners in an effort to lower the q.q and raise the pew pew.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE]I disagree. He has taken it upon himself to provide tough love on this forum to all the whiners in an effort to lower the q.q and raise the pew pew. [/QUOTE]

I have a shirt that says that lol

I agree to much crying over nothing... How does it really affect you if someone else is using hacked items? Aside from of course not being able to buy items from AFK shops which I think ruins the game anyhow(even if items are legit) as I would rather play the game and find items myself but to each their own... Now if an Item isn't OBVIOUSLY hacked and looks legit... how is this any different then buying a legit item? You would be doing it anyhow so whats the problem?

And for all the people that dont read a whole thread before worrying I will re-iterate Items that look legit will NOT EVER get you banned unless they somehow know YOU hacked them. SO if you buy a legit looking item from an AFK shop you will not be banned.

If you dont know what a "legit" item looks like I suggest actually playing the game for a while before trying to find an item to make it "easy"

I disagree. He has taken it upon himself to provide tough love on this forum to all the whiners in an effort to lower the q.q and raise the pew pew.

and he does that by whining and qqing about whiners and qqers...bravo to complete failure

So, it turns out you can't have more than 200m mana at once. Strange.

200m is the soft cap - you can't vendor or earn mana in games past this amount. You can, however, get up to 2bil from trades/afk shop.

I say modded since its not even mythical and the person modded the certain stats that affect dps

To be more specific.

The weapon 'looks' modded because of its damage which, as far as I know, progresses at less than 80 per level, unlike other Huntress guns. If that is the case, reaching 24K damage is a bit extraordinary and would lead to questions of whether or not it is legit.

The other stats on it are believable though, even for a godly weapon, as high-end misty mire drops do crazy things. None of the stats are very good, and it having no negs is not a sign of it being modded. But as was stated. The damage is peculiar.

That blastie looks legit, divide the damage by 80 (by your claims of upgrade rate) and then account for starting damage. That brings it into the range of possible given it's number of upgrades I think. I've seen people with numbers just under that and don't have any reason to think they were hacked.

I never invested enough in one to see the top end damage but I do have a blasty 0 of 250ish I'm sure would come close to beating this on starts and damage after the upgrades.

To be more specific.

The weapon 'looks' modded because of its damage which, as far as I know, progresses at less than 80 per level, unlike other Huntress guns.

All huntress guns get up to 80 per level except the Van Wolfen which is capped at 40.

All huntress guns get up to 80 per level except the Van Wolfen which is capped at 40.

Flamethrower is also capped at 48 (I believe? been a while since I've used one)

We took a long break from DD......
So we tried to farm NM for items but we cant handle it right now so we bought some Items from Shops to push our stats.

Now im reading this thread and since i dont know what the max stats are i have to fear that all my items are hacked?

See i'm in pretty much the same boat. I've purchased 2 full sets of armor and a staff from shops, from multiple people.
The staff was the most expensive at 20 million.. both sets were about 7-10 million per item. (Forgot I picked up a few pets to finish my achievement)
No item I have is worth being banned over.. But I didn't get them as a drop so there's that chance now. (my guardian and Animus pets are though)

Granted I've seen items with much better stats.. But I have a chest piece that has (had since I upgraded it) 3 stats with the same number..
I just play the game, I don't try and learn what is the max stat an item can have.. base damage etc. If it's better than what I got.. Then that's what I buy.

I am currently searching for a Genie, mine just sucks.. I think I may just have to farm Hall of Court myself now. Buying a good one.. may be hacked and I wouldn't know.

So the Dev's have turned me from a player wanting to play with others to get challenges done... to a player that plays solo on ranked. My luck i'd get banned for having the giraffe I picked up for 7 million that had 6 stats at 23... 1 at -3 and one at 13 with 79 upgrades. Banned with no warning, and I have no clue if it was hacked or not.. It was 7 million and unless I join someone else's game, I highly doubt I could get the gear to get one myself. So I bought it.

They need to just toss out warnings, delete any hacked item, and flag your account as "warned". Ban them if it's a multiple time thing.

The "rules" in the first post.. Makes me want to export to local and forget online. I don't want to play with hackers, not used hacked gear. But that means I can't buy any item either... so why bother playing online? (Open or Ranked)
huge part of the game is just not worth playing. I know i'm not hacking the game.. But I may purchase a better item than what I have from someone who did, and risk getting banned cause I don't live the game. I couldn't tell you the base damage of any weapon, or how many points it gets per upgrade.. (like the last few posts here) Cause I don't care too.. If that damage number is higher than what i got.. Then it's better than mine, and If I can afford it.. Odds are i'll buy it. if not, I move on to the next shop.

But I guess thats the problem, I get to 74 with Godly items. and can't do NM.
So i resorted to buying mythical armor... Now I can do *some* NM.
I risk getting banned cause I decided to use the in game shops, to purchase gear..

Just implement an Auction house that runs checks on items to see if it's legit.

The problem is that the game handles items in an insecure way, and the 'solution' Trendy is going with is taking a hardline stance against players who innocently buy the wrong thing from a player shop.

Trendy: We are willing to help you work out a better policy for this, but right now you are scaring the community and making them paranoid. Stop it.

The problem is that the game handles items in an insecure way, and the 'solution' Trendy is going with is taking a hardline stance against players who innocently buy the wrong thing from a player shop.

Trendy: We are willing to help you work out a better policy for this, but right now you are scaring the community and making them paranoid. Stop it.

exactly.
something needs to be done, but not this way..

Not just paranoid, disgusted, too.

Playing online has become paranoia city, i can't trust anyone I play with, and am afraid that even using a hero with a leveled up godly weapon some guy who doesn't know jack from squat will still report me for doing over 20k DPS. I've also bought mythic weapons and pets, and am paranoid they may be hacked (Even though they weren't outragous in stats).

I have an anxiety disorder, and angst over all the above (Yes, it's just a game, but when you have an attack of anxiety, you get nervous and worry over even little things) has made me think "[BLEEEP] this, I'm done!" I play games to relieve my nerves, but the last few times I played DD was NOT relaxing, simply because of the "hack paranoia".

I might come back, later, but it would take something major, like an overhaul of the way items are so TE can find hacks better. Seriously, not having a unique ID for drops was not smart.

Wouldn't it be nice if game developers of all types got together and put their heads together, to come up with unified ways of stopping hackers?

Oh wait, that's not profitable... nvm.

ahh..i think Trendy knew from the start that their game was quite vulnerable to editing programs. The simple fact is they figured it was going to be a much less popular game because they operated on a small budget to start with and they figured that the editing programs would be a small scale impact to the game. I highly doubt they were able to forsee USD shops and etc being popular.

There is no way they could have developed this game and not known the vulnerabilities.

There is no way they could have developed this game and not known the vulnerabilities.

They're a mobile developer, and the difficulty of even getting a phone to the point where you can access the files provides a pretty steep barrier to entry.

Also, they've made a lot of mistakes so far: Releasing updates right before leaving for vacation, releasing DLC with features requiring new code while there are still serious low-hanging-fruit bugs to fix, delaying bugfix patches for DLC content inclusion, making untested last-minute changes to patches, making huge adjustments to game balance all at once, leaving unoptimized code to fester, etc...

Most of their actions suggest that when there's a problem they they want to take immediate decisive action, and so they give a panic response to the problem. They're new at this. I get that. But there are people here who are not just willing but eager to help them.

well here i am
just registring a forum account for this post

well
im hacking
or better said i downloaded a tool and used it
its easy
i had made all archievments that doest require nightmare without any cheating
and got bored so i searched something new and challanging the nightmare mode
still farming wasnt something for me so i tried cheating
im quite impressed in a negative manner its way to easy to cheat and get away with it
i now have 2 full sets of really imba items all stats 360 and weapon and pet with unbelievable damage
but what i use now
equipp i farmed with my cheatet equipp
because i dont want to get banned and want to play with other players not ruining their and my game or the challenge at all

so why did i cheat in at the start
to improve my game expierience
i hate ppl that try selling cheat stuff for real money

and a other thing
if the cheater doesnt want that u noticed he cheats...you wont notice it
but most dont really care because they either dont fear punishment or made enough money to rebuy the game and do the same crap again....to earn money for other games
the only possible way you can say this item is cheatet is for some specific things
like its lvl 1 weapon and has 10k attack
or lvl 1 armor with 30 resis and 4 stats over 300
or some special weapons like the claive of the unicorn with way to high stats
for ppl that dont know this item its a reward for portal defence on easy till hard...insane and nightmare reward other items
so the stats of this item most likely wont come above 100
dmg and range dmg may get close to 10k thoug
but normal player dont know this stuff
so simply said
dont care if it is cheatet
if you think its may cheatet or may not its most likely not cheatet
for items can get insane stats atm

this will be a long post if i reread it

so what i finally want to tell everybody here
the cheating itself in some way or another is wanted of TE ...because as they told i shall be a modding friendly game
they most likely didnt foresee the many evil stupid and so on players
i dunno if they care or just want to make more money

so again i cheatet and i will do it again...but i want to improve my game expierience and the game expierience of ppl around me
so i just join a random noob game and pull them to lvl 60 or 74 giving them great weapons or farm them with them together
im talking here about totally legit stuff
its bad enough i cheat no need to get others involved:-)

well thats just what i wantet to say/write
afer i read all 12 pages of this thread

and im quite impressed no other ppl dare outing themselfs^^

Greetings
the unknown Unicorn

@edit: i forgot to say i sell items but not hacked ones
i farm normaly mana
i said this but i hate ppl that sell stuff for real money or ruin the game by having unbelievable stats
btw if you guys didnt know the stat cap on every item so far is 360 not including set bonus
so with set bonus it can go to 455 i think
so the best value one can have legit in 1 just 1 stat is around 2600 but the other stats cant get to 2k or higher ...at least not legit

All i have to say is..

Dungeon Defenders is not an FPS or an MMO.

If people want to Cheat let them, they paid for the game so they have every right to play it how they see fit.
If someone doesnt want to play with a cheater, well thats what the in-game server browser is for.

Cheating in most cases helps increase replayability. hell, if youve beaten a game numerous times or done all there is to do then why not?

Selling Mana/Items for $, now thats a completely different story and an understandable bannable offense. but cheating in a game where you get to choose how you want to play? That should be allowed imo, ESPECIALLY in Single Player.

People wanna cheat in Ranked? sure, warn/ban em. But when it comes to Open you cant do anything about it and infact its allowed.

While DD may be a Co-Op game, its still essentially a Single Player game with the added benefit of Co-Op because your Single Player character can be used on Open.

Besides, with all these SUPREMELY Stupid Nerfs, you actually think theres going to be less cheaters? yeah.. i dont think so.

When you have a 1700 Tower Attack Apprentice and a patch makes that damage 4K! yes i said 4,000! on a Test Dummy thats going overboard and its WRONG.

If anything that'll make even more people want to cheat due to the fact of how hard Nightmare is even WITH Uber Gear.

Thats life.

And to the person above me i know what you mean. Ive helped countless people get through nightmare in order to get really good loot, as long as they get what they want the majority of people DONT CARE.

And this is on Open btw, i will not play on Ranked as i dont give a damn about achievements and i want to play a game that i paid for how i WANT to play it.

thats my opinion anyway.

My question is this: who is being cheated by hacked items? This is not a PVP game. We are playing against AI creatures and not only that... the host is using HIS/HER bandwidth to host the game. If you don't like playing with someone that has hacked items then leave their game that they are hosting on their internet. Simple as that.

I care about hacking in other online games like L4D2 or COD because those are PVP. When I get aimbotted over and over and can't play the game, that matters to me. When someone hacks a non-PVP game against AI then who cares? If you want to play the AI with no one that hacks then -- gasp -- MAKE YOUR OWN GAME. Simple, right?

Personally, I am against this witch hunt for a multitude of reasons.

1) The game is non-PVP.
2) The online community in the game is not large enough to suffer mass bans. It isn't like COD where millions play it online. There are some days I go to join a game and there are 9-10 active games. If you ban 25% of the user base (or however many have hacked items) that is fewer games and fewer gaming partners. And why? Because they hacked and killed an AI too fast? Did the AI have his feelings hurt?
3) The game leaches from our internet and is ran as a four player co-op on the hosts machine. If the host doesn't want to play with hackers he/she can kick them. If a player joins a hosts game that has hackers, he/she can leave and start their own game. It really is that simple.

I hope everyone that gets banned knows their consumer rights and files charge backs for everything they purchased Dungeon Defenders related. I know I would. Most credit cards give you a long enough window to charge items back that most people are still golden if they chose to do so. I know it works as well because I purchased the newest Splinter Cell off Steam and it didn't run on my PC. Despite Steam refusing to give me a refund, my Credit Card company processed a charge back and told Steam to take a long walk off a short bridge. So, you are not totally defenseless in this. Fight back. Hit Trendy and Steam where it hurts if they unjustly ban you... especially if you just got the item from someone else. If you run a Paypal shop I have far less sympathy for you.

I hope everyone that gets banned knows their consumer rights and files charge backs for everything they purchased Dungeon Defenders related. I know I would.

If you intended to cheat, play solo. Trendy can't stop you from playing local so they haven't really stopped you from playing the game. Unfortunately, ranked uses their servers and they have the final say in whether you connect to them. Crying for money back because you get banned for cheating is an absolutely retarded thing to do. Rules are set. Break them, be banned. Want to break them? Play local. Or open.

My question is this: who is being cheated by hacked items? This is not a PVP game. We are playing against AI creatures and not only that... the host is using HIS/HER bandwidth to host the game. If you don't like playing with someone that has hacked items then leave their game that they are hosting on their internet. Simple as that.

I care about hacking in other online games like L4D2 or COD because those are PVP. When I get aimbotted over and over and can't play the game, that matters to me. When someone hacks a non-PVP game against AI then who cares? If you want to play the AI with no one that hacks then -- gasp -- MAKE YOUR OWN GAME. Simple, right?

Personally, I am against this witch hunt for a multitude of reasons.

1) The game is non-PVP.
2) The online community in the game is not large enough to suffer mass bans. It isn't like COD where millions play it online. There are some days I go to join a game and there are 9-10 active games. If you ban 25% of the user base (or however many have hacked items) that is fewer games and fewer gaming partners. And why? Because they hacked and killed an AI too fast? Did the AI have his feelings hurt?
3) The game leaches from our internet and is ran as a four player co-op on the hosts machine. If the host doesn't want to play with hackers he/she can kick them. If a player joins a hosts game that has hackers, he/she can leave and start their own game. It really is that simple.

I hope everyone that gets banned knows their consumer rights and files charge backs for everything they purchased Dungeon Defenders related. I know I would. Most credit cards give you a long enough window to charge items back that most people are still golden if they chose to do so. I know it works as well because I purchased the newest Splinter Cell off Steam and it didn't run on my PC. Despite Steam refusing to give me a refund, my Credit Card company processed a charge back and told Steam to take a long walk off a short bridge. So, you are not totally defenseless in this. Fight back. Hit Trendy and Steam where it hurts if they unjustly ban you... especially if you just got the item from someone else. If you run a Paypal shop I have far less sympathy for you.

For the record, You dont use Trendys servers on Ranked, its still Locally hosted. The only difference is that you use Trendynet to CONNECT/Match with other players. Thats all Trendynet is. think of it as a server browser, you depend on Trendynet to make the connection. And Trendynet is how you get Steam Achievements, not connected via the Trendynet service, you dont get achievements.

Bout as simple as i could put it.