Hacking/Cheating/Exploiting/Glitching Reporting and Item Checks

Banning people for OBVIOUSLY hacked weapons in their inventory would be fine. But to make that a legitamate proposal TE would need to put out definitions of Obviously hacked. In turn hackers would make weapons just Under the obviously hacked definition (therefore possible to obtain) would flood the market with them and continue to destroy the non existant economy.

See? the problem is not the people who have them but the fact that the hackers can make them in the first place.
IF TE does not figure out a way to stop the hackers ability to "make" the weapons then the fault is completely theirs.

I"m not saying that TE does not have the right to ban people at will it's their game they have the right. The problem is going to come in the fact that eventually people are going to get disgusted with their product because of how they are handling things.

The responsibility is on TE not their player base. As a player i refuse to become a micro police enforcer for their inability to put out a secure system. i know i'm sure it's hard for them. I am not a programmer so i honestly don't know how hard it is etc.

Nor do i care. I am a consumer and i want a good product without fear of having it stolen from me if i go to a afk shop and find something i like. As a consumer i want confidence that the money i continue to spend will bear fruit in that i will be able to keep the product.

It should not be my responsibility to police the system that TE instituted for trading and buying items. If i find a item in that list by god it should be legitimate. I should not have to worry.

When i hit the auction house in WOW/Rift the bazaar in EQ etc I was never afraid of OMFG is that hacked? if i buy that will i lose my account?
IF TE can not police their own game or their own barter/trade system that THEY set up then they need to shut that function down until they can.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we be reporting people who have changed their weapon scale to a different size? Seen a few people who have made their normal weapons very large or small, much larger or smaller than standard sizes can go. Or is this not a real issue to be reporting at all?

Yes that still hacking.

The fact that the hacked items can have such absurd stats tells me that Trendy isn't sanity-checking items.
No weapon in the game can possibly have a base damage of 10k, so why can't the game tell that value is out of bounds and respond accordingly?

Uh because it's not? I've upgraded Huntress & Monk weapons to have way more than 10k base damage. At work right now but I'll capture them later if you want proof.

The core of the issue is that items are able to have their stats modified some how after they've been generated. This should not even be remotely possible in Ranked. I'm no marketing or sales wizard but driving away your existing player base isn't a great way to sell future DLC from what I can see.

Uh because it's not? I've upgraded Huntress & Monk weapons to have way more than 10k base damage. At work right now but I'll capture them later if you want proof.

Base damage is what damage a weapon has at lvl 1. There's no upgrading involved. Shooty is referring to the damage that a weapon has when it drops, not how high you can upgrade it. In this regards he is right (at least to the best of my knowledge), no weapon can have base damage of 10k.

Gotta love all this scaremongering..... I have an Ogre Party Hat, its approximately 3-4 times the size of a squire with completely normal stats.

Going on the definitions outlined in this its a "Hacked" item and I should be banned.

Now if I got banned I would be extremely pissed off.

Up to this point I have purchased 10+ DD accounts through Steam and given to friends.

Also I was in the game that the item was received by my brother and it is completely legit.

TE needs to police their game. This morning alone in the 5 minutes I looked before work there were 10+ sellers stating PP/PayPal/USD.

Start banning accounts that make games with these phrases in them.

Also on the weekend I got kicked from a game cause I have "Hacked" items, clearly people in game have no idea what a good NM genuine item looks like and a hacked one.

I do support banning sellers for real money, I don't support banning users that may not have realised it was hacked. Delete the item if its really hacked and warn the player.

Think about it.. Hackers don't care about Mana.... they will hack it. Get rid of real money sellers and you stop the biggest problem in this whole hacking issue.

Think about it.. Hackers don't care about Mana.... they will hack it. Get rid of real money sellers and you stop the biggest problem in this whole hacking issue.

+1
agree

We took a long break from DD......
So we tried to farm NM for items but we cant handle it right now so we bought some Items from Shops to push our stats.

Now im reading this thread and since i dont know what the max stats are i have to fear that all my items are hacked?

Is my upgraded 4k mage staff legit? 4k base Monk weapon? +100-200 stat armor?

[QUOTE]Q: How do I tell if an item I have is hacked?

A: It will have one or more of these attributes:

-Unique name but not max leveled
-Item has very high stats in all areas and no negatives
-All stats are the same (some items.can spawn like this but its very rare and usually the stats are lower)
-Impossibly high damage, high damage on low level item
-Unusually large
-Player is selling for USD or Paypal
-Random player joins your tavern and drops you free items[/QUOTE]

How is this supposed to help me? I searched the Forums but couldnt find any answers, some people say they found 2-7k base damage monk weapons or +200 stat armor. When i stopped playing DD i could easy tell a hacked item but now with alls these ridicolous stats i cant see the difference.

:( Im starting to get paranoid about using any item from other players

It's an echo of other posts here, but there's little point in trying to buy anything from other players -or sell them - if no one can be certain of whether or not they're hacked items. "Is it hacked? Is it from a NM HC run? Should I ignore the shops and try to get everything myself, despite my terrible luck with the RNG? Or do I simply back off until the hackers can be dealt with?"

We took a long break from DD......
So we tried to farm NM for items but we cant handle it right now so we bought some Items from Shops to push our stats.

Now im reading this thread and since i dont know what the max stats are i have to fear that all my items are hacked?

Is my upgraded 4k mage staff legit? 4k base Monk weapon? +100-200 stat armor?

How is this supposed to help me? I searched the Forums but couldnt find any answers, some people say they found 2-7k base damage monk weapons or +200 stat armor. When i stopped playing DD i could easy tell a hacked item but now with alls these ridicolous stats i cant see the difference.

:( Im starting to get paranoid about using any item from other players

Have no fear! Big Brother is watching you! The people are being trained ! soon you will be able to ask anyone in game if they think an item is hacked and they will be able to report you with the push of a button while assuring you that no they do not think it is hacked.

Heres a problem i see, you get in trouble for hacked gear if you have it. You can hack gear to look legit. So how are you going to know if your gear from a afk shop if hacked or not? Its to late todo anything abouut hacked gear in this game, its already to deeply in it.

all someone has todo is a deeper wells run on easy, pick up items, edit them to mythical, make the stats look decent, not op, and it will sell in there shops. Now anyone who bought something from them has hacked gear and can get baned. sounds fair right?

Someone from Trendy needs to speak up about this hacking issue, The mods are great on here but its not the same as a officail reply.

Heres a problem i see, you get in trouble for hacked gear if you have it. You can hack gear to look legit. So how are you going to know if your gear from a afk shop if hacked or not? Its to late todo anything abouut hacked gear in this game, its already to deeply in it.

all someone has todo is a deeper wells run on easy, pick up items, edit them to mythical, make the stats look decent, not op, and it will sell in there shops. Now anyone who bought something from them has hacked gear and can get baned. sounds fair right?

Someone from Trendy needs to speak up about this hacking issue, The mods are great on here but its not the same as a officail reply.

actually just like anyone else trendy can only tell the gear is hacked when some of the stats fall outside the perimeters that are "possible". They do not put unique id's on equipment or anything like that. So if the gear is hacked within reason they will not be able to tell.
Their problem is that the equipment information is stored on your computer. The generation system for that gear is complete RNG within certain parameters. So hacked within those parmaters they will not be able to tell the difference.

A new friend on dd gave me a 200-235 no neg stat item and I sold it thinking it was hacked. I played with him again and he asked where it was and I explained I didn't want a possible hacked item so i sold it. he then showed me a screenshot of a misty game and of that item on the ground. He says he commonly screenshots items he finds after wave 15NM hc mix because people threaten to report him as all of his gear is 170-250 stats

I feel like this post cheated me and scared me into being stupid and selling a legit item.

A new friend on dd gave me a 200-235 no neg stat item and I sold it thinking it was hacked. I played with him again and he asked where it was and I explained I didn't want a possible hacked item so i sold it. he then showed me a screenshot of a misty game and of that item on the ground. He says he commonly screenshots items he finds after wave 15NM hc mix because people threaten to report him as all of his gear is 170-250 stats

I feel like this post cheated me and scared me into being stupid and selling a legit item.

Bingo...they are ruining the experience of the game for many

I've decided to take a break from DD for awhile, and decided to check up on this thread to see how things are.

So, let me get this right:

1: USD shops are still out there in the open.
2: Since items have no unique ID, not even the guys who made the game cannot tell a hacked item from a legit, so long as it has "reasonable" stats.
3: The only thing even close to official word on this is "We're going to be doing stuff about this soon... Really!"

Unless they officially announce something radical like an ogre-sized patch that will do something like assign unique item ID's, I'm starting to feel like I should just uninstall this thing and just go on to other games.
I played Diablo (the first one) online, and it had hackers all over the place. Soon, you couldn't run into a game without guys killing other players at will (even in the town, where you normally had attacks disabled), being able to one-hit any monster, etc. You could only do the same, or quit and never touch online again. This is the future of DD as things stand right now, for me.

Recently iam finding items with all the same stats here an examples

Anyone finding them as well?Maybe with even higher stats?

Iam just posting this because in te first post is written "All stats are the same (some items.can spawn like this but its very rare and usually the stats are lower)"

So, very rare?Iam finding them like every 10 minutes. Here another one ive found a minute ago.

So, please excuse my ignorance, but help me understand.

You are playing a lvl 65 in wave 15 of MM Survival (HC too i assume). I find this not very plausible, since well, nightmare is a nightmare afterall and its really hard to stay alive with a character at this level, even if your builder is huge. I mean, you cant even equip mythical stuff yet right? Could be possible tho, i just think its pretty hard ;)

What really is making me curious, is the fact that in the third screenshot you posted, the score is 3.8 mill (which i believe is the xp you get, not 100% sure about this), but your total xp is way under that number, 2.6 mill. How? Even if this was your first map ever, you should have at least the same xp as the score.

Oh god, paranoia. They are everywhere.

So, please excuse my ignorance, but help me understand.

You are playing a lvl 65 in wave 15 of MM Survival (HC too i assume). I find this not very plausible, since well, nightmare is a nightmare afterall and its really hard to stay alive with a character at this level, even if your builder is huge. I mean, you cant even equip mythical stuff yet right? Could be possible tho, i just think its pretty hard ;)

What really is making me curious, is the fact that in the third screenshot you posted, the score is 3.8 mill (which i believe is the xp you get, not 100% sure about this), but your total xp is way under that number, 2.6 mill. How? Even if this was your first map ever, you should have at least the same xp as the score.

Oh god, paranoia. They are everywhere.

If you look at his character name, he could just be using this char to open chests and loot during build phase. I use different un-geared chars to open chests when I want to get weapons for a specific class. Also, the exp bar does not mean how much exp he has gotten in this round, it could've been from games way before this, it just shows how much exp he has earned so far on this character from level 1 to now; It has no correlation to his score.

Suggestion: a "report" button that sends all characters, gear, game name, steam name, and chat log. Sure it'll be a lot to go over at first, but even if you only look at 10% of the reports, you'll catch a lot of the people you want to ban.

edit:

Shoot, if you keep track of who reports, how often, how many false positives, etc; then you can ignore the spammers.

Its is pointless to cryabout hackers on this thread, trendy doesnt reply on it. Instead post a link with any gear you have a question about and people will answer if its legit. IM pretty sure that was the point of this thread to begin with.

So please if you have a question about your gear post a link with the pic about it. If you want to cry about to many hackers, get over it its a known problem crying will do nothing.

Its is pointless to cryabout hackers on this thread, trendy doesnt reply on it. Instead post a link with any gear you have a question about and people will answer if its legit. IM pretty sure that was the point of this thread to begin with.

So please if you have a question about your gear post a link with the pic about it. If you want to cry about to many hackers, get over it its a known problem crying will do nothing.

methinks you should rename yourself to mr insult instead of mr helpful