Get it together trendy

dungeon defenders seriously lacking on consoles i mean don't get me wrong i love the game but wow im starting to think i wasted my money buying it on my ps3 hardly any dlc and the dlc we did get didn't even come with a level cap increase i mean.......... this really sucks i have money set aside just for dungeon defenders but im so tempted to go spend else were dlc taking for to long to get to us how long u guys think we gonna keep playing this game i see new characters and costumes getting to pc almost every month but for ps3 its just like ughhhh here ya go whatever..... can i get some word on when we are gonna get new characters and stuff oh and ps next time u guyz do an event tell the devs to be a little patient after sending the invite it took me about 40 secs to to quit the game i was playing and get on dungeon defenders just to find out the game is full do they think im going to play this game for six hours waiting on a invite..................-_-

DLC for consoles is an incredibly difficult task and is not as easy as it is for PC. It's not that Trendy doesn't care, it's that the process makes it nigh impossible to get constant updates out unless that game makes that console company (Sony/Microsoft) a LOT of money in which they will get priority service and be able to release updates and DLC much faster.

i think it because of micro$oft trendy tyring to be fair and release dlc for both xbox and ps3 at the same time but ofc micro$oft is screwing it up as usual so instead of letting ps3 get it first they just gonna wait until its they get a final deal with xbl then everybody gets dlc so as to be fair to console owners

It's a cost issue for both consoles.

It's expensive to release a patch, and both of them require a good-sized fee for every patch that's put out after the first and only free patch they get. Trendy can't afford to be throwing around thousands (tens of thousands?) of dollars for every little patch just so the console players can get them on time as well.

Trendy can't afford to be throwing around thousands (tens of thousands?) of dollars for every little patch just so the console players can get them on time as well.

That's true, but Trendy CAN take a break from updating the PC version every single week to try and bring the games to somewhat of an even level. If they ever hope to make cross-platform play possible (which, let's face it, is a joke, but the devs still claim they want to do it), then some day they're going to have to stop driving the PC at a hundred miles an hour so the consoles can catch up. By the time they finally DO patch the consoles, the PC version is already going to be leagues ahead. And if they eventually patch the consoles again, the PCs are going to be that much further ahead again. Did they sign a contract with PC players saying they had to produce new content every week or something?

Lesson learned here is don't buy games for console if they are out for PC. This really should be common knowledge by now, this has happened with hundreds of games over the last few years. This is not trendy's fault, but rather the cost of doing business with the companies that own the consoles. This is bypassed on PC.

Console games are almost always inferior in many ways to their PC version. PC Gaming has always been the best 'platform' for gamers wanting the most out of their games. Mods, More DLC, tweaking, the ability to run games at true 1080p and higher (99% of console games run at 720p then are upscaled), higher resolution textures, etc. The list goes on and on.

Only reason someone should be buying console games if theres a PC version is because they lack the money to afford a decent computer. Dungeon Defenders doesn't even require a powerful computer so that arguement really doesn't apply.

Oh, and if someone wants to quote me and say "PC Fanboy" or something along those lines. I own a PS3, 360, and a Wii. Liking something because if superior is not being a fanboy. The PS3/360 were amazing when they first came out, they are about 5 years out dated now.

i think it because of micro$oft trendy tyring to be fair and release dlc for both xbox and ps3 at the same time but ofc micro$oft is screwing it up as usual so instead of letting ps3 get it first they just gonna wait until its they get a final deal with xbl then everybody gets dlc so as to be fair to console owners

This made me laugh. It's a problem for both console companies. If anything, Sony (or if you insist on talking like a 10 year old, $ony) is worse than Microsoft for this. If you wanted a constantly updated game with strong player support, you don't choose the console version of that game.

Makes a change for the console version of a game to be the one getting neglected.

This made me laugh. It's a problem for both console companies. If anything, Sony (or if you insist on talking like a 10 year old, $ony) is worse than Microsoft for this. If you wanted a constantly updated game with strong player support, you don't choose the console version of that game.
since when has sony ever been accused of being money hungry and to deny that microsoft is not is just...................smh

I could make a large post about this, but chances are you will either not read it or report me en mass because I went outside the forum comfort zone. But you might as well buy the pc version. It gets updates first and the most attention.

PS. Adding dollar signs to words only makes you look like a drug dealer. Just saying.

since when has sony ever been accused of being money hungry

that sentence blows my mind =D

but to go back ontopic: am i wrong that they stated in the 3/01 digest that they will announce further informations regarding the console patch in there next diggest (which would be the new one?). I'm pretty sure i read that, but it seems like it was edited out yesterday (which explains the repost of the 3/01 diggest).

all we console gamers want are any informations you know. we know it's harder and it costs money and maybe we have to life with the fact that it's not worth it for you. but you could at least tell us that. or are there some laws/licenses/whatever preventing you from sharing informations?

That's true, but Trendy CAN take a break from updating the PC version every single week to try and bring the games to somewhat of an even level. If they ever hope to make cross-platform play possible (which, let's face it, is a joke, but the devs still claim they want to do it), then some day they're going to have to stop driving the PC at a hundred miles an hour so the consoles can catch up. By the time they finally DO patch the consoles, the PC version is already going to be leagues ahead. And if they eventually patch the consoles again, the PCs are going to be that much further ahead again. Did they sign a contract with PC players saying they had to produce new content every week or something?

Why should they gimp my system? Because console users arr jealous of the advantages/disadvantages of the pc ecosystem? ;)

We know that TE is not the limiting factor on releasing dlc. Its the console makers and this ecosystem they created to protect the user aka their wallet... on pc TE is self publishing, on xbox they are required to have a publisher this not only increases cost but also the time to release dlc and patches.

TE must test a patch and release it to the publisher who tests it again and can reject it. If it passes the xbox team gets a shot and can reject or approve it. If its rejected, TE has to start over on submissions taking massive amounts of time. If it were to fail a 2nd time, they get fined.

Console does not.breed a fast pace, multi dlc environment. All console users should know that by now =\

Just my 2

Well, that's true and all Finally, but it needs to be said that Trendy should have been aware of all of this, and shouldn't have WAY overpromised or overshot their abilities, wether within their ability to change or not. A lot of appeal to this game for myself, initially, was due to the promise of cross platform play. Was really disappointed to find out that XBox was going to be left out of it. I understand that it wasn't Trendy's fault, per-se, but they should have KNOWN these limitations before going all out with the promises of a unified, cross-platform play system going from mobile to console to PC and back again.

I got the Xbox360 version as "consolation" for mobile issues galore from iOS and Android (I purchased before the game went free, lost mana, saves, etc). I still stuck by it, hoping they could deliver on the promises. It's a shame that too many issues have gotten away from them (Hacking, console updates), but that's why they should have really planned better for all of this and known more of what they were getting into before "promising" the world to players initially.

I went and abandoned the 360 version. All I spent on it was for the DLC, which disappointed me greatly (although I love the map and the idea of spiders, I thought it was another ill-timed and conceived move for the console crowd). I picked up the PC version for less than 5 bucks on Steam, and even though I have to run it at Low/Medium settings on my wife's old PC, it is by FAR the superior experience. From controls to balance, the game is just more enjoyable on the PC. And not just by a slight amount, it's a HUGE difference. It just shouldn't be that way. I would RATHER play on the 360, with the controller. I actually do prefer that over mouse/keyboard on the PC. But I prefer the game to work well, and be fun. And it's just more fun/balanced on the PC and likely always will be. I know I will never get to play with ANY other platform's players with my 360 version, but I would be nice to eventually see the realization of the mobile to pc play they hyped. And I'm sure PS3 users would love the pool of PC users to play against.

I'm sure Trendy knows this now, though. It's just too bad (and like I stated, NEEDS TO BE SAID), that they didn't know this from the beginning, because this is something that should always be done in the initial project planning stages, especially since cross-platform was the #1 advertising point I saw from the get-go over a year ago it seems.

To have one of your primary selling points of a game, and one of the major hurdles of design to overcome and implement, be completely abandoned at launch? Not good. No matter how you try to spin it. It just screams terrible planning and lack of oversight. Like they had a bunch of ideas of what they would have loved the game to do, but never (until actual delivery time) had a clue what they truly could and couldn't do... that's not good. You need to know from the start that the main portions of your system even CAN function the way you are planning, and they should have had a roadmap for updates laid out across the board for ALL platforms, to keep them all in line.

well we know a patch IS coming... supposedly this month... so all of my complaints are on hold until we get it. Then we'll see :p

Here's the thng:

When you have an indie game that's not demanding and almost any pc can run, you buy the PC version. PERIOD.

Why? Because consoles are controlled by MS and Sony. Patches for games have to be approved by them, and even then it probably costs money just to do it which is why consoles don't get many patches.

On the PC? They can patch whenever they want.

Point is, PC has freedom. Consoles don't.

Hope you learned this valuable lesson about the platforms.

Is this truly their first title? Aren't they technically the same team that made the (also buggy and kinda problematic) game Monster Madness on XBLA and Mobile? Even the description on mobile for that game starts with, "Before there were dungeons to defend..." I believe, or something to that extent. I know the dev of Monster Madness is listed as SouthPeak I think, but a name change later and a similar game that didn't quite live up to it's potential? Monster Madness seem like it could be so much fun, but it's even still a bit buggy on my Xoom. Never bothered with the XBLA version.

Is this truly their first title? Aren't they technically the same team that made the (also buggy and kinda problematic) game Monster Madness on XBLA and Mobile? Even the description on mobile for that game starts with, "Before there were dungeons to defend..." I believe, or something to that extent. I know the dev of Monster Madness is listed as SouthPeak I think, but a name change later and a similar game that didn't quite live up to it's potential? Monster Madness seem like it could be so much fun, but it's even still a bit buggy on my Xoom. Never bothered with the XBLA version.

Kinda, some of the team made the console version but the mobile one is a port they didn't work on. There were 2-3 of them that worked on that and its a whole different company... they are also ****s who are using dundef to advertise a lame game

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

all i want is some info thats all dont wanna feel like i wasted my money i dont have a gaming pc and i dont wanna go buy one just to play dungeon defenders -_-

Microsoft doesn't allow free addons (they made a company CHARGE MONEY for an addon map pack), charges for patches, and is a pain. They do love to make money.

Sony does not like to make money. This presents its own problems, as any PS3 owner is very, very, very familiar with.

Trendy should probably focus on getting out the Eternia Shards DLC on console in two packs instead of four.

all i want is some info thats all dont wanna feel like i wasted my money i dont have a gaming pc and i dont wanna go buy one just to play dungeon defenders -_-
DD is not demanding at all..

From the store page:

Recommended:
Processor: 2Ghz Dual-Core CPU
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2GB
Video Card: Graphics Card with Shader Model 3 support, 512 MB video memory
DirectX: 9.0c
Sound: DirectSound-compatible sound device

What are you using to post here right now? If your PC doesn't even meet those specs then your PC is older than consoles.

Just saying. I can tell you're one of those people that have a common misconception of PC games/gamers.

Just realize that MS/Sony have have an ironfist on their respective platforms which is why the console versions of multi-platform games are always behind in content when compared to PC.

my laptop is new just weak on processor only 1ghz i didnt buy the laptop it was a gift so yea but anyways why is that other ****ty games that dont sell well at all can get on psn and xbl with dlc at that but 4 some reason this game seems to be having trouble doing it this is just one of those cases were they are either lazy or just dont care

my laptop is new just weak on processor only 1ghz i didnt buy the laptop it was a gift so yea but anyways why is that other ****ty games that dont sell well at all can get on psn and xbl with dlc at that but 4 some reason this game seems to be having trouble doing it this is just one of those cases were they are either lazy or just dont care

Those companies are willing to shell out the big bucks to push their game through. It costs ~$25,000 to get a full game patch pushed through the official testing procedures for XBLA game and that doesn't include all the work on TE's end so patches/DLC must be big enough to earn back the money they have to put into it.

i'm surprised nobody mentioned this.

I don't think this is an issue about how late we get the dlc. We haven't gotten half of what pc has gotten. The fact eternia shards part 1 was released pre-patch tells us they can release dlc that's programmed for new items, enemies, and what not. So why didn't we get spooktacular and the like? It's already noted that we will NOT receive those maps. I don't think the issue has anything to do with microsoft and sony, but moreso Trendys decisions to make the console and pc version completely separate.

Lets not mention the lack of information we get. It's been over a week now that pc has had patch notes for 7.16. We are also supposed to get a patch this months, and their is only 2 1/2 weeks left of january. This game has been out for over 3 months, so can you really tell me that they don't already have some definitive information as what is going to be included in the patch?

I don't mind the wait, and for the OP's information, after we get all four eternia shards collected their will be a bunch of content opened up, and the patch will be adding new items into the mix of the one DLC we've gotten so far. We can't just yet say the $4 dollars wasn't worth it. But again, i don't mind the wait, just why can't we get spooktacular, the christmas DLC, and others that pc has gotten? Hell, bundle them up and put a price tag on them, we will buy.