[PSN] Scam Warning!

I did not mean to start an argument. I talked to TeamSoda last console event and asked him if it mattered if someone named there character trendy. He said it doesn't matter to them as long as there not causing trouble. They said they will not ban someone for having a name as simple as trendy. However, he did say Sony may ban people for having the name trendy. This is what TeamSoda said when I asked so please don't get mad.

I don't mean to be rude, but have you even read the OP?

I'm not mad, I'm disappointed people are fooling other members of the community. I'm aware of people scamming others, I just need proof. Like certain PS+ users who are duplicating items thanks to the cloud. If and when I get proof, I hope Sony deletes their account.

I'll be waiting to see anyone who can privately supply evidence of impersonators and duplicators, so Sony/TE can dispose of the scammers for good.

There is absolutely no need to name your characters TrendyEnt1,2,3 especially considering why people are doing it.

For duplicators stuff im just not trade any one with event item, also if the patch come out there no point for it.

He said it doesn't matter to them as long as there not causing trouble.

This is the key point, you can name your character anything you want but if you're using the name to cause trouble its going to be something thats going to get corrective actions. I admit when I first got Elf of the Wand I tempoarily named the character TeamSODA so I can get the "Forged by" info they missed correct but this case is acceptable whereas using the name to scam others isn't.

Allow me to clarify: while I agree wholeheartedly with punishing people who claim to be Trendy employees for the sake of scamming others, this does not make it acceptable to ban a person solely for naming a character "TrendyEnt." Sure, a person named "TrendyEnt" could feasibly be using it to scam people, but until you have proof he does then you don't belong screwing with his day.

Naming a character "TrendyEnt" is not wrong. Scamming is wrong. Simple concept.

Hmm all my character names are TrendyEnt so what am i gonna get banned?
if so that's really awesome guys last time i played was last event anyways

Hmm all my character names are TrendyEnt so what am i gonna get banned?
if so that's really awesome guys last time i played was last event anyways

You can rename your characters by going to the Tavern shop services.

I still see no reason to have TE names for your characters etc, especially considering that TE is/was actively involved with the community. All I see it leading to is confusion personally.