DunDef Digest 1/12/2012 Discussion Thread (Edit: 1/13/2012)

hmm.. not all the dlc would be making it to console? I kinda figured. Also they noted they will be making an announcement this month. Why are they dragging this out? They've had ample time to get us some of this news. That statement could also have made it to the official forums, but then again, posting information HERE would make too much sense wouldn't it?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit 1/13/2012: Something urgent has arose, and a few members of our dev team have to take a trip next week. This means that the Assault Map Pack will no longer be ready for launch next week, however it will still be released before the end of the month.

First Hitmonchan, glad you've gotten the role of community manager, congrats, etc, etc.

Not to water that down but in regards to this:

Earning Mythical Defender is no small task. One must brave the treacherous perils of Nightmare mode on every Campaign map — a feat only .2 percent of our defenders have completed so far. For some, the sweet taste of victory is reward enough, but we recognize others may require a slightly more tangible prize. Behold! The Outlander Hunter skin has landed (or should we say arose, *hint* *hint*)!

Once again Trendy manages to peak interest and then utterly disappoint, one class of the non-core classes gets rewarded?
So you have to play one class in particular and still be in the smaller percentile of a 0.2% to get a reward.

Glad I'm going away for a few months, TE made a great game but whoever makes the majority of the decisions has little to-no understanding of how to satisfy a customer.

Who comes up with these ideas? You're a young company, and I don't mind when people are still learning...

But you're basically alienating a large percentage of your player base (by screwing up the difficulties with superloot, etc.) and then alienating the smaller percentage that's already been alienated.

Alien = Non-Human = Fail to make more $$$

Trendy is quickly putting their name in their dirt over, over, over, and over. The players here have given you everything it takes to be successful, now you're simply choosing not to do it.

I'll give this game one more chance in a couple months, I honestly hope someone is fired or a voice of reason appears somewhere to fix these obvious mistakes before they happen.

If Trendy Entertainment ever wants to make a second title and have it sell, they've got a lot to fix and learn.

It's really a shame, the game was great, but just keeps getting worse by the minute.

For some, the sweet taste of victory is reward enough, but we recognize others may require a slightly more tangible prize. Behold! The Outlander Hunter skin has landed (or should we say arose, *hint* *hint*)!

"arose" 'eh... are you suggesting this outfit will give our toon the ability to fly?

Once again Trendy manages to peak interest and then utterly disappoint, one class of the non-core classes gets rewarded?
So you have to play one class in particular and still be in the smaller percentile of a 0.2% to get a reward.

Glad I'm going away for a few months, TE made a great game but whoever makes the majority of the decisions has little to-no understanding of how to satisfy a customer.

Who comes up with these ideas? You're a young company, and I don't mind when people are still learning...

I'm sure you have developed and released dozens of successful titles... but I don't think you are understanding the point of the very best achievement of the game.

If the best rewards in a game are easily available to 10,20,30% of the players... fewer people will play the game long term.

You are alienating yourself by thinking you are 'owed' something by Trendy. Especially when it comes to in game items that some people have spent hours working towards.

I think Trendy and DD have done some amazing things. I think they have done some questionable things. However, I think when people like you whine about the unnecessary things they like to whine about... it takes away from actual constructive criticism about things that are actually good for the game... and not just one butthurt player.

So...is Trendy planning on giving the other gender swap heroes costumes, or only Ranger? D:

EDIT: Or wait, is that Monk?

Yeah, better customer support. You guys have a LONG LONG way to go before that's achieved.

Edit 1/13/2012: Something urgent has arose, and a few members of our dev team have to take a trip next week. This means that the Assault Map Pack will no longer be ready for launch next week, however it will still be released before the end of the month.

..Is that a long trip? i mean jer leave...then

I'm sure you have developed and released dozens of successful titles... but I don't think you are understanding the point of the very best achievement of the game.

If the best rewards in a game are easily available to 10,20,30% of the players... fewer people will play the game long term.

You are alienating yourself by thinking you are 'owed' something by Trendy. Especially when it comes to in game items that some people have spent hours working towards.

I think Trendy and DD have done some amazing things. I think they have done some questionable things. However, I think when people like you whine about the unnecessary things they like to whine about... it takes away from actual constructive criticism about things that are actually good for the game... and not just one butthurt player.

First, I'm not a game developer, but if that's the path I chose, I would be successful in it. Not my field...

Second, it's not about the mythical defender achievement, I have that. I've beaten most things in the game, it's not about that.

It's about making the reward for one class regardless of effort of being played, who the hell cares about a ranger skin? that's 1 out of 8 possible characters, not a core class. This is my point.

My other point is that they're continuing to repeat the same mistakes, the majority of players hate super loot, it's nearly impossible for players old to play with new because of the huge gap nightmare has created.

These are constructive points, yes I was beyond frustrated to see another disappointing "reward" perhaps I wasn't as logical in my reply to this as I usually have been in the past.

But plain n simple it's like watching a child continuing to touch the hot stove.

Perhaps you're not understanding my angle, perhaps I didn't explain my point clearly, it was mostly just frustration with the lack of ability in making smart well-balanced decisions.

I'm not butthurt about anything, I'll get this crappy reward, but I'm tired of crappy rewards, we were assured it was amazing, and hell it could insta-kill everything on the screen and I have the extro hero-dlc, I have all the damn dlc's...

It wouldn't matter, yes mythical defender should have a reward, one that ALL mythical defenders can use.

That's the point.

(forgive the poor typing, sliced open a couple fingers moving some of my equipment)

First, I'm not a game developer, but if that's the path I chose, I would be successful in it. Not my field...

Second, it's not about the mythical defender achievement, I have that. I've beaten most things in the game, it's not about that.

It's about making the reward for one class regardless of effort of being played, who the hell cares about a ranger skin? that's 1 out of 8 possible characters, not a core class. This is my point.

My other point is that they're continuing to repeat the same mistakes, the majority of players hate super loot, it's nearly impossible for players old to play with new because of the huge gap nightmare has created.

These are constructive points, yes I was beyond frustrated to see another disappointing "reward" perhaps I wasn't as logical in my reply to this as I usually have been in the past.

But plain n simple it's like watching a child continuing to touch the hot stove.

Perhaps you're not understanding my angle, perhaps I didn't explain my point clearly, it was mostly just frustration with the lack of ability in making smart well-balanced decisions.

I'm not butthurt about anything, I'll get this crappy reward, but I'm tired of crappy rewards, we were assured it was amazing, and hell it could insta-kill everything on the screen and I have the extro hero-dlc, I have all the damn dlc's...

It wouldn't matter, yes mythical defender should have a reward, one that ALL mythical defenders can use.

That's the point.

(forgive the poor typing, sliced open a couple fingers moving some of my equipment)

This ^

"arose" 'eh... are you suggesting this outfit will give our toon the ability to fly?

Hem hem!

As for other New Heroes getting special Outfits, those are on the way too!

-Jer

I'm amused by the fact that TWO devs have replied to this post, and of course neither of them spare a word for the console fans, or even acknowledge their existence. Working as intended, my guess.

I'm calling it now. Us Console players won't see any content that isn't part of the lost shards DLC.

I'm calling it now. Us Console players won't see any content that isn't part of the lost shards DLC.

Unless you do the reasonable thing and y'know... switch to the PC version. A company like Trendy can't maintain console versions of the game, not with the number of complications that Microsoft and Sony have with their set up and not without a much larger budget. Yes, your versions of the game will be missing a lot of features. That is the sacrifice you make when buying something on console.

I think you're already giving just a bit too much credit- we aren't even going to be getting all of the content that IS in the lost shards DLC. (Nightmare mode and UMF being the main things we won't be getting.) But yes, you're right.

Unless you do the reasonable thing and y'know... switch to the PC version. A company like Trendy can't maintain console versions of the game, not with the number of complications that Microsoft and Sony have with their set up and not without a much larger budget. Yes, your versions of the game will be missing a lot of features. That is the sacrifice you make when buying something on console.

I hate this response. Hate hate hate hate it. If a company gives you a defective product, why should the only option be "give the company more money"? And why is it okay for that to be the only response? I don't care if it's more difficult for them to release content on the consoles- they should have made it clear, from the beginning, that they were selling two different products. But they didn't- the two games were named the same thing, advertised in the same breath, and they even went so far as to say that there would be cross-platform play (something that is laughable as a possibility at this point, which just highlights the inconsistency between the two versions of the game). And through all of this, all anyone ever says is in Trendy's defense. Why is it not their fault? The more people like you tell people like us to "buy the PC version or quit complaining", the more companies like Trendy will continue to commit to things they can't fulfill, without repurcussions. Of course it doesn't bother you, because you got the full product (probably for less money than me, since your platform has sales and mine doesn't), but it bothers me that I bought an inferior product to something that was advertised as being equal, and I'm the one who is apparently supposed to fix that by spending even MORE of my hard-earned money.

If my PS3 copy of the game came with a free PC copy, I'd be all for jumping on the PC bandwagon and leaving the PS3 boat to sink. But it didn't, and it won't. I won't be giving Trendy any more money until my concerns are at least addressed verbally (which, as of yet, they haven't been by anyone official). Threads like this are proof of that.

I hate this response. Hate hate hate hate it. If a company gives you a defective product, why should the only option be "give the company more money"? And why is it okay for that to be the only response? I don't care if it's more difficult for them to release content on the consoles- they should have made it clear, from the beginning, that they were selling two different products. But they didn't- the two games were named the same thing, advertised in the same breath, and they even went so far as to say that there would be cross-platform play (something that is laughable as a possibility at this point, which just highlights the inconsistency between the two versions of the game). And through all of this, all anyone ever says is in Trendy's defense. Why is it not their fault? The more people like you tell people like us to "buy the PC version or quit complaining", the more companies like Trendy will continue to commit to things they can't fulfill, without repurcussions. Of course it doesn't bother you, because you got the full product (probably for less money than me, since your platform has sales and mine doesn't), but it bothers me that I bought an inferior product to something that was advertised as being equal, and I'm the one who is apparently supposed to fix that by spending even MORE of my hard-earned money.

If my PS3 copy of the game came with a free PC copy, I'd be all for jumping on the PC bandwagon and leaving the PS3 boat to sink. But it didn't, and it won't. I won't be giving Trendy any more money until my concerns are at least addressed verbally (which, as of yet, they haven't been by anyone official). Threads like this are proof of that.

This. <3

Maybe my friends play on console? Maybe I prefer playing on a console? Microsoft is not the devil. I highly doubt Microsoft would tell trendy they can't release the new Heroes as DLC. There are two words that are very important here. BUSINESS DECISION. And don't give me that crap about PC versions always being superior. When was the last time you played a Rockstar game?

yaay good for all PC users.. Me? im a console user from EU. I bought the game and has so far recruited 4 friends to also buy it, still for my lojalty I will probably not get any kind of extra content for me to buy.

This man speak the truth!I Feel the same way.