DunDef Digest 1/12/2012 Discussion Thread (Edit: 1/13/2012)

Hey, gang!

Before we get started, I’d like to take this moment to thank Trendy Entertainment for allowing me the opportunity to be your new community manager. If you haven’t already seen Danford’s farewell thread, head on over there and tell him goodbye. I know that all of us here at Trendy will miss him.

This year marks a renewed push to not only provide you with bigger and better in-game content, but we're going to give you guys the best customer support and community experience yet.

Now settle in. It’s time for this week’s digest. (Which, for future reference, will release each Wednesday.)

Float Like a Butterfly

Earning Mythical Defender is no small task. One must brave the treacherous perils of Nightmare mode on every Campaign map — a feat only .2 percent of our defenders have completed so far. For some, the sweet taste of victory is reward enough, but we recognize others may require a slightly more tangible prize. Behold! The Outlander Hunter skin has landed (or should we say arose, *hint* *hint*)!

Assault Mission Pack

Of course, even if you are a Mythical Defender you still need more content to play, right? Well, if you’ve purchased the Eternia Shards Complete DLC, or are going to in the future, we’ll be throwing in some additional content (Edit: by the end of this month): the Assault Mission Pack. This pack will let your heroes break through the enemies’ defenses across Mistymire Forest, Tree of Life and one brand new map, The Etherian Mines. Of course, to do this, you may need some new brand new weapons... and maybe if you succeed you'll find a new friend:

Those who just want the Assault Mission Pack will be able to purchase for $1.99 and grab it on sale for one dollar less at launch.

Website Facelift

Our forums are a marvelous place of whimsy and wonder. Within these walls, our fans show off their talents using videos, photos, mods and maps. Yet more often than not, their brilliance gets buried under the rising tide of topics and their hard work goes unnoticed. Well, I say no more!

In the next two months, the Dungeon Defenders website will be getting a facelift. Sure some of it will just be cosmetic (and some of it just be making it actually load), but the rest will be focused on better serving you; bringing your work and voice to the forefront of the site as well as making support from us more accessible and organized. It's in the earliest of early stages now, but as we make progress on it, we'll keep you updated right here.

Dungeon Defenders Winter Olympics Community-Held Event (360 only)

Hidden deep in that rising tide of posts is the Dungeon Defenders Winter Olympics, a set of events hosted and run entirely by the goodwill of our 360 community members Dredd and WarpedReality. These six events will challenge your brain and as well as your balance. I got the chance to try out the first event, the Hot Lava Obstacle Course, and I was blown away by the amount of planning, time and outside-the-box resourcefulness that Dredd and Warped put into this. It’s simply phenomenal.

They’re giving away some wicked beam swords named after famous Star Wars sith and jedis. And if you needed more incentive besides fun and beam weapons, we've given them a stack of Chi Blasts to give out. Now you can go all Gandalf on creeps while your buddies do the Obi-Wan/Darth Vader thing.

The first event started this morning, but it picks back up tonight from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. EST.

Here's the schedule for the rest of their events:

1/17: Quicksand -- Summit on insane. Towers will randomly disappear after the first wave

1/25: Man's Best Friend -- No Towers Allowed on Hard. Pets only

TBD: DXC "Defenders Xtreme Challenge" -- PvP life stream, work in progress

TBD: Aura's R Us -- Aura towers only, work in progress

TBD: Last Man Standing -- PvP, last challenge of the event and the winner will receive 1600 Microsoft points. Huntress and event weapons are excluded from this challenge

If you’d like to learn more, head on over to their forum thread.

Members of our PSN community, where are you??? We'd love to help get some community-run events on PSN as well!

Arcade Fire Sale

This week’s Xbox Deal of the Week is tower-defense flavored, which means you can pick up Dungeon Defenders for 800 MS Points! Head on over to the Xbox Marketplace and pick up a copy. While you’re there, you should check out the other amazing tower defense games on sale as well.

Back on Mac

If you’ve paid attention to our Twitter feed this past week, you may have noticed our super-subtle hint about Dungeon Defenders on a certain platform.

It’s OK if you didn’t quite get what we were trying to say. Next time, we’ll be sure to use bright neon lights, sparkles, rainbows, and maybe a unicorn. Oh wait, we are in the Assault Mission Pack. Anyways...

Dungeon Defenders for the Mac is coming to you Soon and for a lucky few, the wait will be much shorter. We’re looking for beta testers to help iron out the kinks. If you’re interested in helping us out, shoot an email to betatesters[at]trendyent.com. Be sure to include your Steam username, location and the kind of Mac you have. (MacBook, iMac, etc.)

Tatt’d Up

Sometimes when we love something, we put the needle to our skin and ink an ever-lasting tribute. That’s what Jeremy Orley did. Check out this sweet Huntress tattoo adorning his body from Daniel Watkins at Art Bomb Tattoo.

Nice work! Seeing someone dedicate a part of their canvas to our game is both humbling and validating.

We end this week’s digest with an in-house bombshell: Our head honcho, Jeremy, got engaged in New York over the break! (Is that the reason we all had time off, Jeremy? Tell the truth!) Check out the Huntress cupcakes from his bride-to-be, Susan:

A quick sidenote: Susan owns this fantastic sweets shop downtown called Sarkara Sweets. It’s so good, if you're local, check it out (but don't ask for the Huntress Cupcake, that's just for us).

Congratulations to Jeremy and Susan!

That’s it for this week. I can't wait to really sink my teeth in. This is going to be a good year.

See you again this time next week.

Hitmonchan

Discuss this Digest here!

Edit 1/13/2012: Something urgent has arose, and a few members of our dev team have to take a trip next week. This means that the Assault Map Pack will no longer be ready for launch next week, however it will still be released before the end of the month.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the new content, do you guys have a specific date for the next Eternia Shards? :)

Also, why change the account name instead of just making a new one? :p

*Waits for fellow consolers to ***** about the lack of information on the supposedly upcoming title update*

On a less frustrated note, congrats Hitmonchan, they'd better start paying you for this by now if they haven't already!

console patch is to be submitted this january, it takes about 4 to 6 weeks after it is submitted to recieve the patch.

Will the assault mission pack be coming to console as well next week?

You honestly think that the console will see that mission pack?

OMG YES, Me and my mate were just talking about this the other day how they should make more assault maps, that is so damn awesome! buying this one right away. when it comes. :apprentice:

I love you Trendy. If that silhouette isn't a playful joke based on the earlier thread discussion, I love you. Assault mission pack gon' be good.

Can you guys put the Quest DLC pack on sale again? I missed out and I didn't know you were going to add extra stuff (honestly didn't think it was worth the cost for the content based on the first part)!

We're going to give you guys the best customer support and community experience yet.

I sincerely hope you included console users in that sentiment. Of course, if you did, that wouldn't be a very difficult promise to keep. :-/

I can easily see some dates being changed now!

Patch supposed to be submitted this month, part 2 of dlc supposed to be released, we are halfway through the month and so far, console has only recieved news of 3 things the patch is gonna fix.

Judging by pc patch note trends, the notes come out 1-2 weeks tops before the patch goes live, and during that 1-2 weeks the notes are continuously updated. So, does this mean consoles are gonna be treated completely different with an out of the blue patch with no knowledge of what changes are made? Or, is the patch notes gonna come soon, and the proposed dlc and official patch submission dates gonna be pushed back for console?

On top of the fact, as stated by bad jue jue, the previous eternia shards, part 1, was submitte to consoles 6 days after pc. With no heads-up on part 2's release date thus far, and the expectations for the console version to also be announced for a week later, we are almost certainly not seeing our announced "January release" for part 2 of dlc. Not to mention, without our patch, it's almost pointless to get the DLC, seeing as we don't get anything new besides the maps, as new items cannot be added through dlc as to avoid segregating the community.

I honestly am not worried about the patch or dlc being pushed back, i just want some damn information already. It was announced a long while back by hitmonchan that consoles will be seeing more attention in the digest. But the only information in this digest is a community driven event, apparently getting recognition from Trendy and provided event items by trendy. Not saying anything bad about the event (sounds fun to me, if the game wasn't bought on my brothers gamertag), however I can only see this as Trendy's way to avoid announcing that they have, yet again, nothing for us console users.

So how does trendy improve console support? Well, the announcement of taking away employee labor that could be put over onto some console support for a large forum revising project to "clean up" and make it more pretty and to somewhat avoid thread burial will certainly get the job done *negative sarcasm*

In conclusion, when will i get some damn patch information so that i can officially tell my brother and his gf that this game is either improving or becoming even more of a worthless time investment? I am personally tired of coming to this forum, previously excited about the barbarian and eternia shards dlc, just to find no official information on the barbarian, series ev, and [jester?] being brought to consoles, and the initial disappointment on part 1 not giving anything unique except for one map that was beaten in a day, and a challenge that's no fun after the first successful win (which took us 3 tries).

Sorry for the raving, but it's frustrating to think that things were finally going to change support-wise for console only to find (ever since Trendy's vacation was over), the one and only thread in the console section to achieve a post from trendy is the one announcing the xbox deal of the weak on DD, and if i can say anything that was simply trendy showing their face to encourage random visitors to think the developers actually care about a little more than money. In addition to that, 2 digests that show much appreciation to the pc community, new patch notes for pc, an assault map pack announcement that doesn't give console specifics (and we have learned NOT to assume anything is for console unless specifically stated), the barbarian announcement- also with no console details despite the thousands of threads asking for confirmation on a console release (theirs that almighty console support), etc.

Hey, I will be more then willing to start doing community events for the PS3, just give me the word I was planning to do something anyways but if I could get a green light from Hitmonchan I would be more than willing to go out of my way for this! Who do I need to contact to get the ok for this/what the events will be?

I was hoping there would be console news as well :( I almost wish we got our own digest so I don't have to look at all the PC stuff that I know we will never get. the xbox events sound fun though so, hoping me and my friend can participate :)

Hey Trendy are you even aware that there's a console version of your game? Or you're just ignoring it on purpose so you can redirect more people to the PC version of the game? We want some damn content aleadry: counterparts, nightmare mode, new classes, holiday events and a few I missed...

I don't care when we have that just at least tell us you're planning to add some features, it'll be a beginning. Get your **** together aleadry!