[Request] - NM Halloween Spooktacular!

Supprising that no one has talked about it, since it dropped the best weapons before umf, and with the introduction of Nightmare it would have the potential to do it all over :P. Just as well, given that the halloween wep's up costs are going down next patch I think it'd be cool to see if a new guide is even neccessary? or if you just need real pimp gear/stats. Well look forward to a response from someone better than I :D.

• 3 weeks later...
I dunno about guide but a friend of mine wanted to get the costume for his apprentice a few days ago so I made this layout http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=13738.
EDIT: Obviously we did it on Nightmare, just for fun.

First wave I put up all the walls and some random fire support, then during wave 1 I put up the rest of the towers. During wave 2 build phase I got the monk auras up.

All damage dealing towers were 3^ in time for the last two waves, if I remember correctly.

To be honest, I am not sure if the 3x MMs on the north crystal (pointing north) were useful or not, and we moved the 4th MM there (the one below the other 3) down to the south crystal.

My stats are fairly good - around 800/1100/700/700 - and we oneshot the map with this setup (that I made in like 2 minutes). Although the western walls (both north and south) do take a huge beating and require constant attention.

The last 2 DU were used to put up 1x mblock at the eastern "ghost ramp", and 1x mblock on the western edge of the west crystal, because I was afraid that a mob might slip through there.

EDIT: Alright, so TLDR, I think this is roughly what we ended up with: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=14331

Here's my setup.

This was actually loosely based on Folk's setup, which when I tried the first time I had problems with :kobold:s on the southwest wall. Tweaking around with the build, I managed to solo it with no problem as my apprentice but whenever I duo (app + 1 afk) or switch characters my east crystal would be rushed by mini:ogre:s.

Stats and general strategy is in the notes.. I've so far tried it with my app + 2 more AFK characters (for more rewards). Soloing it is simple (a little upkeep and running around), duoing or more requires more upkeep and running around but I felt it was manageable.

600/1300/600/600 tower stats on my App

I'm about to uninstall this game over this map, i've tried every setup listed at least 10 times and every single time I get wrecked.

I set up with app then use my dps monk + genie to level everything possible and I spend the entire game running around like a crazy lunatic (the 10% of the time i'm not dead or WEBBED!!@#!@$) and i get to wave 10/11 or 11/11 pretty much every time but either one of those waves kills me. Tried a bunch of other builds as well and nothing has worked for me.

Incredibly frustrating =/

visions, it has been my experience that if I use my dps char in nm instead of my builder I have more troubles because of the hit you take on towers (i think I've 33% decrease in effectiveness, but I can't remember exactly). Have you tried leaving your app in the game with the genie and then switch to like an app guard after everything is upgraded? Im about to try this map tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. Our stats are similar.

Don't mean to derail the topic, but just curious, is it even worthwhile doing nightmare halloween for drops? I've only done it once or twice, but I generally got worse drops than I got on endless spires. Just bad luck on my part?

@Visions:
Not sure if you can solo this map, you have so much things to do before the first wave... I do this challenge with another person (he plays App and I play Monk) and we share the mana for the first wave so I can build a few ensnare/enrage and he can build some towers. We have enough mana to build everything we can before the wave starts.

Here is our first wave (I hope I got the App right, not sure about that...):
http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=15504
I marked the chests I take with Darkness Trap.

I usually run Genie the first wave, then take a guardian because there's enough mana after that.
Here is our final layout:
http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=15508

@Crap:
It's hard to loot between waves because of the timer. The loot doesn't seem that great except you can get some christmas items.

Don't mean to derail the topic, but just curious, is it even worthwhile doing nightmare halloween for drops? I've only done it once or twice, but I generally got worse drops than I got on endless spires. Just bad luck on my part?

not so much the loot from chests, but the loot from beating it. a nosferatu is the best weapon for monk so getting a good one is nice.

I'm getting close with Kandar's setup doing this duo (solo plus an afk monk on east crystal with huntress guardian). I think if I upgrade those walls a bit more for the last wave I would beat this. The ONLY reason I want my monk in there is for the nosferatu.

I just beat it by the skin of my teeth using the duo afk set up on the last wave only. I solo'd all prior waves until the last. I tweaked Kandar's set up because I was having all sorts of trouble with the west wall on the east crystal. I used a set up like used in misty with the overlapping fireballs and lightning tower in the middle.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=15619

Drops no. they are junk unless you're looking for a midcore chicken launcher or a snowballer.

The end rewards are still the best in game~

the rewards cap at somewhere around 200^ high 190s is common.

The monk weapon has 7 projectiles with 3 in the center which makes it out perform just about anything.

The huntard gun is pure poison damage but reaches 1.8ish million Damage per second with less than 2000 attack. Surely the projectiles don't pierce but it is a viable choice and a pretty fun one. Its quite a bit more damage then a 254 disc gun VS 1 target. Obviously discs are the most used gun for good reason.

not sure on mage staffs and squire weapons from spook. Never really done much with them.

The monk / Huntard spook weapons are special because of the number of projectiles. The huntard gun has 5 and the monk stick has 7.

Kandar on your cubicle map you say to setup all auras and one MM at each choke in first round. How on earth do you prevent the monsters that can walk through aura from hitting crystal? It's not working for me without the walls first. Are you putting up auras first, then your MM or are you putting up walls and MM and auras in first wave?

In my layout, the middle crystal always take a few hits, there's not enough time and mana to build everything before the first wave.
You can always use your weapon to kill some leftover and build at the same time...