New player. Hit 74 yesterday and..

It's ridiculous.

When I hit 74 I followed the loot guide for dummies. I bought some myth gear from playershops to get my started since I had 20m mana from beating the game. I can solo NM HC endless spires now but what's the point?

The game has ridiculous upgrade costs. When does the fun begin at end-game? It's nothing but a grind grind grind. I started to think this was a korean game but it isn't. What gives?

Are the devs maso-chists ( Why is this censored.. really? ) ? The difference in insane to nightmare is just ridiculous. You don't keep a majority of your playerbase playing by making them grind all day and placing a 200m/2b cap..

That's not even mentioning the hacked items in shops. What's the point of grinding for hundreds of hours when you can easily edit your ranked items to insane levels without getting caught since it's all client side?

I regret buying the NM DLC now. Atleast I had fun with the base game. Great game for $3ish. Just seeing the difference from insane to NM tells me this game is going in the wrong direction as the devs have no clue.

If you're playing by yourself or with friends, the game is quite fun. I agree that hacked items ruin the fun of playing with strangers, but it is what it is. I like to get items and level them up by myself -- there is more satisfaction that way. This isn't an MMORPG where you're playing with thousands of other players and can say "I'M THE BEST," it's a little tower game that is plagued with hacked items.

There is no point in hacking the items, nor is there any point in buying items. All of it will make you better, but there's no point in racing to the finish when the "I'm the best" factor is gone, and most of the fun comes from the journey rather than the destination.

Nightmare is not meant to be a natural extension of the campaign/game play. It is meant to be challenging end game play for the hard core upper echelon of the community.

Nightmare is not meant to be a natural extension of the campaign/game play. It is meant to be challenging end game play for the hard core upper echelon of the community.
Ok that's great.

Doesn't explain the ridiculous upgrade costs. With the mana caps you have to grind for hours and/or afk shop for hours.

Is this a job? A korean MMO?

If you are a newer player and quickly got to 74, your situation is different than many people who played many many hours when insane/70 was the cap.

So those players hit 70 with 4 different toons quickly and then just played played played.. sold items in shops.. etc etc.. they had the ability to build up a lot more money. It wouldn't make sense for you to have the same exact gear/upgrades in 30 playing hours as someone with 200-300 hours.

Obtain Mythical gear and pets.. sell for good prices in your shop and you can make 50-100 million a night while sleeping. Use that money to improve your gear. Do harder stuff like NM MM Surivival and get more/better gear. Make 100-300 million a night. use that money to improve your gear. Now you have end game gear. It might take a little while.

If you don't want to pursue that stuff.. then you don't have to. It can be played as a casual game. If you choose to make it more than that, then you have to put in the time. No different than any other MMORPG - which this would be if there was a little town where we could all run around and then just leave with our groups to our instanced games.

mana is totally useless in this game, if you are a new 74 like me you should swim in mana and miss the good items to use mana on

whatever you do, every mistake, every failed run, every failed surv at 14 etc will give you tons of mana and basically no good items at all

sojust play the game, try to beat the hardest challenges and youll soon be with 200M mana and nothing good to upgrade

mana is totally useless in this game, if you are a new 74 like me you should swim in mana and miss the good items to use mana on

whatever you do, every mistake, every failed run, every failed surv at 14 etc will give you tons of mana and basically no good items at all

So much this. I've got 125mil in the bank and no items to spend it on. I'm trying to get a full mythical set for one of my toons before I invest in one or the other* too heavily.

*My mage has 2 pieces of chain, 2 pieces of plate. Couldn't make a full set of either (even with awful stats) if I tried (have 3 different pieces of each). Ffffffffffffffffffff.

It's ridiculous.

When I hit 74 I followed the loot guide for dummies. I bought some myth gear from playershops to get my started since I had 20m mana from beating the game. I can solo NM HC endless spires now but what's the point?

The game has ridiculous upgrade costs. When does the fun begin at end-game? It's nothing but a grind grind grind. I started to think this was a korean game but it isn't. What gives?

Are the devs maso-chists ( Why is this censored.. really? ) ? The difference in insane to nightmare is just ridiculous. You don't keep a majority of your playerbase playing by making them grind all day and placing a 200m/2b cap..

That's not even mentioning the hacked items in shops. What's the point of grinding for hundreds of hours when you can easily edit your ranked items to insane levels without getting caught since it's all client side?

I regret buying the NM DLC now. Atleast I had fun with the base game. Great game for $3ish. Just seeing the difference from insane to NM tells me this game is going in the wrong direction as the devs have no clue.

The fun begins when you decide it begins. Pick a goal, work toward that goal. Enjoy the ride. Of course your not going to have fun if you only view it as one big grind.

If you still don't have a full suit when you get home I wouldnt mind swapping you a couple of pieces so we could both get sets of stuff. I have a chain set atm, but only two of them are actually good. I think I have various pieces of each type in the 60-80 upgrade range since it sounds like your doing the same NM HC Spires runs I have we'd probably have the same level of gear to trade back and forth. Just let me know, I am sure we can both benefit from it since the set boost is massive.

If you still don't have a full suit when you get home I wouldnt mind swapping you a couple of pieces so we could both get sets of stuff. I have a chain set atm, but only two of them are actually good. I think I have various pieces of each type in the 60-80 upgrade range since it sounds like your doing the same NM HC Spires runs I have we'd probably have the same level of gear to trade back and forth. Just let me know, I am sure we can both benefit from it since the set boost is massive.

Directed at me?

In any case, I'd certainly be interested in doing some NM together. Probably get farther with a second set of eyes/hands/guns than solo.

I'm disinclined towards trading equipment, as it doesn't feel as much "did it myself" if you know what I mean.

Should be able to find me on steam real easily. I don't have some common name that everyone imitates.

Yeah I was talking to you, that sounds fun as currently I have been playing with my brother and another friend (Both in their 40's) so its basically making every map harder without any extra help. I'm only able to get to the last wave on NM HC Spires atm, then everything just.. crumples after I invariably get a train run on me by spiders + ninjas. I wont be up for anything NM til I get home from work, but I will go ahead and add you.

You said it dancing rainbow frog, I can't help but mimic the motion when seeing it <3

You said it dancing rainbow frog, I can't help but mimic the motion when seeing it <3

lol! I did the same thing and thought I was being weird. Then I saw your post on page 2 :p

Yeah I was talking to you, that sounds fun as currently I have been playing with my brother and another friend (Both in their 40's) so its basically making every map harder without any extra help. I'm only able to get to the last wave on NM HC Spires atm, then everything just.. crumples after I invariably get a train run on me by spiders + ninjas. I wont be up for anything NM til I get home from work, but I will go ahead and add you.

Go ahead and add me.

lol! I did the same thing and thought I was being weird. Then I saw your post on page 2 :p

I clearly have the best avatar. <3