Newbie Huntress Questions

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to the game entirely (level 15 huntress) and was wondering if someone could help me out with some leveling tips. I'd like to make a DPS build and was wondering how to best go about it.

1. I'm putting all my stats into hero damage so far, but what should I focus on after that?

2. I'm not quite sure how best to upgrade my weapons. I've been doing some sort of base damage, but is it better to find a weapon with Hero damage and continue to max that out? If I should be maxing damage, should I only od base damage or are the elemental damages just as good to upgrade? What other stats should I be looking for?

3. Similar question for armor, what sort of stats should I be looking for and upgrading?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

My Huntress is level 10, but I think I've figured this out.

For a damage (DPS heavy) build, you'll want to max Hero Attack (120) + Hero Health (120) and the rest in Hero Speed. All the rest of your stats will derive from gear. As for leveling, use a Squire or Apprentice for towers to support your Huntress. Upgrading gear is also easy, just put all the upgrade points into hero damage.

(This seems to work really really well, considering the slow start to the Huntress' overall usefulness.)

always put upgrade into extra projectile if your gun or bow offers it and than always put it into shots per seconds.

When available put additional projectile > shots per second > Physical damage.

For a damage (DPS heavy) build, you'll want to max Hero Attack (120) + Hero Health (120) and the rest in Hero Speed. All the rest of your stats will derive from gear.

Don't bother with skill points in hero speed, do casting rate. Hero speed hard caps at around 99 or so, above which you get exactly 0 change. My characters are all floating at 180 speed or so (except my squire and any chars I have under level 70), almost entirely from gear.

1. I'm putting all my stats into hero damage so far, but what should I focus on after that?

2. I'm not quite sure how best to upgrade my weapons. I've been doing some sort of base damage, but is it better to find a weapon with Hero damage and continue to max that out? If I should be maxing damage, should I only od base damage or are the elemental damages just as good to upgrade? What other stats should I be looking for?

3. Similar question for armor, what sort of stats should I be looking for and upgrading?

1. At end game you will want hero damage/hero health/piercing shot with stats in them as your gear will handle everything else fine. Though, for leveling, a healthy mix of all hero stats is probably advisable. Just respec from the tavern keep when you get close to max level. Of course, with this kind of build, your traps will be pretty much useless. If you want to use them, just spec into those and you can still put out pretty decent damage as long as your weapon is upgraded.

2. For hunter weapons upgrade projectiles/shots per second/physical damage in that priority (as someone already said). You will get too annoyed by immune monsters if you upgrade elemental damage plus your hero damage stat doesn't affect elemental damage.

3. I wouldn't bother upgrading armor at all until you get pretty close to max level. At that point you will want to upgrade all of the resistances (generic damage and fire damage have a bit of priority here), then just put the rest into hero attack.

Thanks All. A couple follow-up questions.

I've read that the max you can max a stat is 120. Is it advisable to max say hero damage and health or are there diminishing returns?

Edit: Whoops I see now Istanbul mentioned Piercing so I've removed my second question.

Thanks!

I've read that the max you can max a stat is 120. Is it advisable to max say hero damage and health or are there diminishing returns?

There are diminishing returns but on those 2 stats I like to max them anyway, since there's basically a soft cap on run speed and I feel like I get enough cast speed from gear alone. I've tested with 120 HP/120 Damage/91 Piercing and piercing shot only did a tiny bit less damage than if it was 91 HP/120 Damage/120 Piercing. So I opted to go with the slightly higher survivability.

Don't bother with skill points in hero speed, do casting rate. Hero speed hard caps at around 99 or so, above which you get exactly 0 change. My characters are all floating at 180 speed or so (except my squire and any chars I have under level 70), almost entirely from gear.

Interesting, thanks for the tip.

On my lvl 74 huntress i found that Piercing Shot is actualyl quite useful, even though many people do not like it.

Hero SPeed gets "hard capped" at a bit below 100, so any points after that are useless.
Just by gear alone i get more than 100 Hero Speed, so i do not put any stats in it.

Hero Damage, Piercing Shot and the rest in Hero Health.
Hero Casting is useful if u need to repair or upgrade some towers, but there are usually specialized builders around for that.

Hero Damage, Piercing Shot and the rest in Hero Health.
Hero Casting is useful if u need to repair or upgrade some towers, but there are usually specialized builders around for that.

Casting rate is great, especially when combined with high speed and the ability to dish out pain. You can get to where the towers are quickly, repair them faster than they're going down, and if need be, insta-kill an ogre or two (or just clean up the trash mobs) in order to alleviate the problem.