Patch 7.16 Discussion

Wow can we just snap our fingers to get a patch?

We used to be able to, yes. Used to be when a patch was released with massive bugs like this Trendy would have a fix out within about 6 hours.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eliminating speed in nightmare is totally unnecessary.
It makes AMP Map 2 and 3 close to impossible in completing it even with a team.

Congrats! You made this game completely unplayable unless you have hacked or very-very highend gear... please tell us this was only a joke...

We used to be able to, yes. Used to be when a patch was released with massive bugs like this Trendy would have a fix out within about 6 hours.

Ok so they are about 3 months late then on the consoles...LOL:)

Don't make get out of bed guys...

Keep it civil and appropriate.

I do remember yesterday when you said that the patch delay " worth it " . Damn i'm happy now... !

I do remember yesterday when you said that the patch delay " worth it " . Damn i'm happy now... !

I am sure it worth for those whose selling gear for real money. They obtaining it easily with their hacked gear after the nerfs as well... The bussiness is increasing for them, ppl need better and better gear to be less(!) successful than the patch before.

QQ....jeeze... yes they screwed some stuff up... but its only been 6 hours since it came out. Give them some time to figure out what all is wrong and get with their guys that can write a patch to fix the problems.

While I generally try to take the approach you mention here, MoPower, may I refer you to this part of my post [quote]While it's possible that these are bugs, it seems somewhat implausible that every aspect of my towers' effectiveness would suffer said bugs in such a seemingly coordinated fashion. I'm no programmer, to be sure, the thought just doesn't seem to hold water, though.[/quote]. You're assuming that we're dealing with something unintended. I'm sorry, but, as I said above, I find it highly implausible that such is the case. I could be wrong, and I'll wait a bit to see if I am, but I personally think it's more a matter of intentionally hiding the changes (a cowardly move, in my opinion) than one of "Oops, this bug slipped by. Let us get that for you."

I am sure it worth for those whose selling gear for real money. They obtaining it easily with their hacked gear after the nerfs as well... The bussiness is increasing for them, ppl need better and better gear to be less(!) successful than the patch before.

Hackers already got their tons of unicorns if you take a look at leaderbords. And yeah it's clear that those sellers will profit about it. Tbh i wanted to loot all my gear before this patch not even buy on afk shops good gear to do things from my own or with a mate but it's now just impossible to beat waves 20+ with 1500 tower damages. Ogres will crush your *** with all of those nerfs. Oh and i forgot spiders. They were already a pain in the ***. Can't wait to take care of 200 of them with lightning towers dealing awesome damages !

I'm missing a few things in the patch notes. Could they be updated? I'm talking about ninja nerfes.

i wouldnt cont for it - yes - patch notes are complete joke .... seriously trendy - learn from others
http://www.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp take a look WHAT is real patch notes :)

eg "Moved the buttons in the System Scanner slightly apart." - its cahnge by 2 pixels !!!! but NOTICED

whole patch notes if for new addon (so called DLC in our case) since 24 jan - this is how ppl should get infomation / support ...

sorry for Eve semi off tipoic - its just an example

Hmmm my group hug achievement will not unlock.

I have had a level 74 squire, level 70 ranger, level 70 monktress and a level 70 apprentice for almost a month now. I expected that when i entered a tavern the achievement would unlock.

Can anyone elaborate if the achevement is still bugged or if i need to do something more to unlock the achievement. I dont want to make 2 more characters to get this achievement considering i already meet the requirements to unlock it.

Hey Trendy! I am sure there is some problem with your calendar, it is only February, not April 1st :) Please tell us, all of these useless nerfs was only a joke, like "February Fool" :) I loved this game, I did, but you made it unplayable for us...

i wouldnt cont for it - yes - patch notes are complete joke .... seriously trendy - learn from others
http://www.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp take a look WHAT is real patch notes :)

eg "Moved the buttons in the System Scanner slightly apart." - its cahnge by 2 pixels !!!! but NOTICED

whole patch notes if for new addon (so called DLC in our case) since 24 jan - this is how ppl should get infomation / support ...

sorry for Eve semi off tipoic - its just an example

No you made an excellent point.

O and by the way if Trendy onwed Eve and released the same patch here is what it would say in the patch notes....

-----------
Mac

Mac clients occasionally crashed when switching between full screen and windowed modes.

Server side fixes for EVE Online: Crucible 1.1

Character Creator and New Player Experience

The Advanced Military career path mission 'A Friend In Need' has now been fixed and players can complete it normally.
-----------

[QUOTE]Hmmm my group hug achievement will not unlock.
I have had a level 74 squire, level 70 ranger, level 70 monktress and a level 70 apprentice for almost a month now. I expected that when i entered a tavern the achievement would unlock.
Can anyone elaborate if the achevement is still bugged or if i need to do something more to unlock the achievement. I dont want to make 2 more characters to get this achievement considering i already meet the requirements to unlock it.[/QUOTE]
It's possible that you need to have the 4 standard heroes lvl70 to unlock the achievement. I remember thinking that this might be the case and only leveled the started heroes to get my achievement.

--

I'd like to add my opinion in with the others in that I agree the speed nerf on NM Assault is game breaking. With a fully geared (2k stats) team of 4 we were only able to complete the first assault pack. And this is ONLY because there were no ensare auras. The next assault packs we couldn't even come close to beating because there is no way to bypass the ensares and the speed nerf is too slow to even make it to the crystals in time. I don't see how this is possible without hacked gear, seeing as our gear was near the legit limits.

I also disagree with the Apprentice tower nerfs, I see no reason for it, I would rather see traps / squire towers buffed if its a balance issue, since they're all still pretty useless.

I see no need to nerf projectile speed on NM. Hero damage is already mostly worthless on later survival waves, why go through the trouble to make it even more trivial? If anything hero damage needs to be nerfed less on NM.

I don't know why Trendy went so nerf crazy this patch, if they're trying to make the game more challenging why don't they just add more challenging content instead of nerfing everyone to hell. It's a big disappointment to work hard to get to a certain spot in the game and have everything changed around on me without warning. It doesn't count as extending gameplay by just setting all the players back.

A note on the Barbarian:
It's disheartening to see the first fully DPS character cant match the DPS of a Squire or Huntress. Id like to see some stance that can at least match a squires blood rage DPS, seeing as how the squire already has more hp. As of now the Barb's pretty useless since he's harder to play and can't even match the power of other DPS characters.

On a positive note I do really like the new assault pack level layouts. They're a blast to mess around with. There is one lowered platform towards the beginning of the Assault pack 3 that is impossible to get out of without dying as a Squire though. Seeing as how you put a crystal down there requiring the squire to jump down, this seems like a bug that should be fixed.

I'm not mad at Trendy, I'm a game developer as well and I understand how things like this can go. But I do believe its their responsibility to address these problems, and I will be disappointed in them if they change nothing to fix them.

You want Trendy to behave like CCP? Are you mad? Here would be the patch notes if they did that:

Added: Heat seeking missiles for huntress for the micro transaction price of $50.
Added: Invite friends to your tavern to play Barbie Dress Up
Removed: All combat, BUY PANTS.

Let's not get hysterical now.

You want Trendy to behave like CCP? Are you mad? Here would be the patch notes if they did that:

Added: Heat seeking missiles for huntress for the micro transaction price of $50.
Added: Invite friends to your tavern to play Barbie Dress Up
Removed: All combat, BUY PANTS.

Let's not get hysterical now.

Yeah. Eve became quite the joke after switching their focus towards CQ and MT.

I'm just hoping that Trendy takes all of the moaning with a grain of salt; rather than becoming tired/bored/frustrated with the DD project and just walking away.

agree with ALL... the game is pushing people to 'hack' or use 'hacked 'stores.

Assault was a joke!... now it's even a bigger joke!

why are ALL pets useless? why did they nerf firing range? (majorly nerfed... can't hit ANYTHING more than 5 feet away.. wtf~)

and the spawn spam!?!? seriously?!?!?! as we attack crystals enemies spawn 4-6 at a time continuously under our feet!
This included spiders and exploding kobolds! wtf are you thinking!?!?!?! :kobold:
2-3 spider constantly spawning ensnaring AND kobolds that explode instantly!!!! does Trendy support the use of CRACK!
if i have to get within a 2 ft range to hit ANYTHING and they are constantly spawning under my feet ensnaring and exploding...
how the HECK is that supposed to be fun or intelligent!?!?!?!
put in a fixed number of mobs, make the once spawning run to the crystals (just like we have to), make them stronger, and nerf their trap damage but increase their trap range (to match our trap range/damage)
AND DROP THE NERF ON OUR RANGE!!!
(seriously, you could double our nerfed range and still only have a 10 ft reach... retarded!)

wait... it gets better...

how is it i have maxed out gear on lvl 74 with resistance over 100% on all damage types...
yet even hard mode (not insane) is impossible...
the smallest traps can kill me instantly... wtf?!?!?
resistances seem to be nerfed??? combat range nerfed? spider STILL broken!?!?!
and this is supposed to be 'fun'???? how!?!?!
yep, Trendy definitely smoking CRACK!

sooooooo dissappointed ... trendy is making the levels and game ONLY for people lvl 74 with maxed mythical or hacked gear.

they have completely forgotten about making the game 'fun' or 'interesting'.

check the boards, check the in game server host, check the forums...
most players and games now are ONLY level 74 and mythical gear required...
thousands joined in last night to check out new patch, maps, and barabarian...
within the hour that was reduced to only 100-200 players! ouch!!!

soooo many frustrated users... more so that i PAID for the expansions and feel like i am constantly getting screwed.
how many times have you seen ANYONE complete holiday extavagansa? 1-in-1000 attempts?
same for the 8 player uber monster and ALL assault maps. PvP is non existant... will NEVER find a PVP game.

OH... and how is ANY normal player supposed to get mythical gear?
it is a rare drop in survival over level 25... good luck reaching that level due disconnects and 'steam sync' issues.
Mythical gear also drop sin nightmare mode... but not till level 5-8 and you need mythical gear to reach level 5... seriously!?!?!

so we are STILL pushing people to cheat, hack, or use hacked shops.
the MAJORITY of game servers are just 'shops'... most hacked or requiring 'cash'.

this game has really taken a MAJOR turn for the worst... so sad.

what started as one of the best coop experiences has turned into a tasteless hackers paradise...

pathetic!

i hadnt played dundef for about 2 weeks, got a bit sick of the grind.
i found when i was playing i was just doing assault a lot of the time as it was fun but how many times can you do the same map, so i was quite looking forward to the new assault maps.

well crippling the jump and speed has just killed it, surely when you tested this you realised that it wasnt fun anymore, trying to get a cucumber in your nostril is a challenge but it doesnt make it fun.

im just wondering if the person/people who designed this game are the same people who are working on the patches ?
whoever designed this game seemed to have had fun in mind for the players yet the ones doing the patches seem to be sucking it all out.

Yeah. Eve became quite the joke after switching their focus towards CQ and MT.

I'm just hoping that Trendy takes all of the moaning with a grain of salt; rather than becoming tired/bored/frustrated with the DD project and just walking away.

I actually would not be surprised at all if the nerfs were an unintended bug from changing the speed boost in assault. IIRC one of the last Digests said they were adding in more difficult content so they didn't have to nerf everything. It seems odd they would put the hammer to apps after saying that.

I beat all 3 new DLC on hard with a countess. i do 56k DPS.

no mythical gear other than a sword w/ 3200 dmg per swing and tower stats.

I could beat them all with my ranger as well if my ranger was 74, as it is i could only beat the first 2 on hard.

The new Assault maps - they're fun. Except for Nightmare. A trend I feel like I keep seeing with new content is that the rich players can get richer and the poor just have a harder time catching up.

Eh, I don't think said "rich" players care about mana anymore. The trend I feel like I keep seeing is that more and more people just hack mana.

I beat all 3 new DLC on hard with a countess. i do 56k DPS.

no mythical gear other than a sword w/ 3200 dmg per swing and tower stats.

I could beat them all with my ranger as well if my ranger was 74, as it is i could only beat the first 2 on hard.

Nastharl - The main issue is the speed nerf on NM. Try that out first :)

Huntress/Hunter are essentially useless in the assault maps. Even on insane (wouldn't even consider NM) and with +800 health, +1500 hero damage, and similar other specs, my huntress is useless. I have a AoE blaster and a few other guns that do over 20,000 base damage, and they blow things up nicely, but after a few seconds I am dead so it doesn't matter. On the other hand, I can shift my armors to a squire or countess and put on a typical endgame sword of some type and 'tear it up', even solo'ing 2 of the 3 new maps. It is so unbalanced that I would pay $$$ to see a video on youtube of a character other than barbarian/squire/countess completing any new insane assault map solo.