Patch 7.16 Discussion

I have the same problem. So I received Dungeon Defenders Internia Shards Complete DLC as a gift from a friend. The game updated about an hour ago but the assault mission pack still says I have to buy it. Is there a problem with the assault mission dlc?

Those who bought the Eternia Shards Complete pack will get the Assault Mission Pack for free. Valve is adding it to the pack. I'm assuming it will automatically download, but I'm not entirely sure.
Please be patient. I know you've been waiting all day to get your hands on this content.

We'll update this post (http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?43870-The-Barbarian-is-Here) as soon as we hear word that the AMP has been added to the Lost Eternia Shards Complete pack.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please confirm that the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" works properly on equipment now? Or is that still bugged? It would also be nice if the thumbs up showed even though you're comparing a 1/250 item to one with full upgrades, that it still "thumbs up" the item :)

I have to say that I'm rather disappointed to see what appear to be undocumented nerfs. My apprentice towers are much less effective as of this patch, both in terms of damage and fire rate. Also, I'm not sure if it's just the reduced effectiveness of the towers themselves but it almost seems as though my apprentice and huntress guardians are less effective as well.

There are also reports already that weapon projectile speed has taken a dramatic hit.

While it's possible that these are bugs, it seems somewhat implausible that every aspect of my towers' effectiveness would suffer said bugs in such a seemingly coordinated fashion. I'm no programmer, to be sure, the thought just doesn't seem to hold water, though.

I can understand if Trendy thought apprentices needed to be toned down a little, but at least man up and tell us about it.

I have to say that I'm rather disappointed to see what appear to be undocumented nerfs. My apprentice towers are much less effective as of this patch, both in terms of damage and fire rate. Also, I'm not sure if it's just the reduced effectiveness of the towers themselves but it almost seems as though my apprentice and huntress guardians are less effective as well.

There are also reports already that weapon projectile speed has taken a dramatic hit.

While it's possible that these are bugs, it seems somewhat implausible that every aspect of my towers' effectiveness would suffer said bugs in such a seemingly coordinated fashion. I'm no programmer, to be sure, the thought just doesn't seem to hold water, though.

I can understand if Trendy thought apprentices needed to be toned down a little, but at least man up and tell us about it.

Yeah, it seems guardians have been nurfed by about 60%, that's more then half, I've only heard this and haven't gotten the chance to test this out but if this is so, this nurfed destroyed the game for me, as of hearing of this nurf, I have stopped playing DD to post this, and after I am gonna test this rumor to see if its true and if it is, I and more then likely many many others will stop playing all together, I am at the point in the game where I am trying to live to wave 30 in NM Misty on surv, even with three other players with as good, close to or even better gear, we can not get past wave 22 and that's with every one using a guardian, this nurf, has made getting to wave 30, literally impossible for me and my friends, so why bother keep playing.

They need to/have to do one or more of the following...

1. Nurf nightmare.
2. Raise the chances of better loot in lower waves.
3. Raise the guardian's 40 bonus cap of effectiveness, to 80 or more.
4. Raise the level cap from 74 to 90.

Or simply undo the changes to the guardians.

As of right now, I'm extremely disappointed in trendy, I've never heard of them until this game and thought so highly of them after playing DD for as long as I have, until now, this nurf of guardians has ruined the game for me.

New patch brought lots o' crashing with it, as well as Data Execution Prevention errors. That's new as well. Guess I'll wait for 7.16e or so before playing again. =)

I just have a one question for the devs and/or beta testers. When you were testing this patch did you stop and ask yourself if this is fun? From playing every since the patch went live I've had very little fun.

1) Biggest change (Barbarian) just is not fun to play unless your idea of fun is just clicking a lot. The stances have merit, but the penalties often way outweigh the benefits.
2) Various bugs/ninja nerfs breaking things. There is plenty of posts on that already.
3) Making assault even harder? This was very hard to begin with unless you had the absolute best gear and then it was too easy. Now it is pretty much inaccessible to anyone but the very top (saying this as one of the 1% that accomplished mythic defender with just a few friends and decent gear).

The point of a game is to have fun in general, challenge can be fun and is necessary in a game but the changes are not challenging as much as just horribly balanced.

~sigh~

Anyone else love how they're commenting in the threads about stuff like folders and achievements, but completely avoid any thread that mentions these huge undocumented changes?

I feel like that Trendy has made so many patches with undocumented changes in the game that they simply just do not care about us. They show enough changes and teasers to get our 1-3 dollars but when it comes down to this kind of stuff this kind of hiding patch notes or just extreme laziness should be unacceptable.

I honetly don't believe 1 person at your company Trendy plays the game like many of us hardcore gamers out there do. To me Knowing my towers changes things like projectile speed effecting weapons differently and scaling differently, these are important things that should be included in notes. If anyone at your place has played MMO's and wasted away a better part of your year you should completely understand how lame it would be to log in and have no idea that your favorite character is changed.

Lastly, I strongly plead with you that your next hero class has towers, lots of towers. Probably some to make up for the barbarians lack of. I honestly never even considered when I payed for this that it was going to come without towers, and its not like theres a constant flow of obvious information about it before you purchase it. Maybe the some-what hidden trailer on steam hints towards not having towers, but I knew more about the barbarian in diablo 3 two years ago and that game still isnt out, as an example of how silly this is. Not that a dollar or 2 is a big deal but just the feeling of being shammed is whats upsetting most, and I'm sure theres 10 people who love the barb for every 1 who doesn't, but I just thought i'd share my personal opinions on it.

"I feel like that Trendy has made so many patches with undocumented changes in the game that they simply just do not care about us. They show enough changes and teasers to get our 1-3 dollars but when it comes down to this kind of stuff this kind of hiding patch notes or just extreme laziness should be unacceptable."

Well, i was a devote follower of DD, but all of these gutless changes without any word in the patch notes is highly unprofessional. Trendy has hit a new low and belongs with the ranks of New world Computing and 3D0 (developers for HOMM VI)

I hope Trendy sees their error of their ways in this latest patch and de-nurf guardians.

But on a second note, the Barbarian, where do I start, well, the thing that made me fall and love with DD, was the simplicity of it, yet challenging strategies need to be thought up to play the game but at its core, it was a simple game that you could sit back and enjoy, playing long hours of a simple yet very fun game, no combos needed to do great dmg, simple clicks here and there and now...

Well left click right click left click right cl.... You get the picture, it takes the simpleness out of the game, for one, good luck in a horde of mobs seeing if you had just left clicked or right clicked when attempting to do the combo, if the attack rate was faster, I could see this being possible/not too hard to perform but as it is, its like left click, right click ... Oh shoot, I didn't wait long enough to left click, the combo reset, darn, gotta attempt it from the start, sure its a simple combo but just not possible to perform every time you want to, maybe on an ogre when there are no other mobs around but ug.

So in closing, the Barbarian was a fail or needs some real tweaking.

Keep it here and keep it civil.

Trendy, You and theses Forums lost the right to keep it HERE and to keep it CIVIL the moment that not only was the app and other aspects horribly Ninja Nurfed... The nurf is to insane degrees. Almost like they looked at the hackers and tried to set the nurf.... Nurfing a hacker down to legit levels don't not fix a single thing. It just encourages people to quit the game or seek out hacked gear. My friends have said they can no longer solo or even party beat many levels and things they used to.

I'm not even going to try. I am done with NM and or DD... No point in improving legit if everything is going to be nurfed. Might as well hack at this point.

By far one of the worst patches I have ever experienced in any game. It's so bad I will be quitting the game, just shy of 400 hours played. I loved the game, but you ****ing ruined it.

QQ....jeeze... yes they screwed some stuff up... but its only been 6 hours since it came out. Give them some time to figure out what all is wrong and get with their guys that can write a patch to fix the problems. All these " OMGZ ITS RUINED WTF TRENDY IM QUITING" posts and comments are not needed and just make out the majority of the people posting such thing to look like they are spoiled little kids who stomp their feet when they dont get their way.

Someone once told me there's stuff to do outside, maybe you guys should look into that and give Trendy some time to get stuff in order.

-Sent from my house, where I'm laughing my *** off @ all these over-caffinated preteens-

QQ....jeeze... yes they screwed some stuff up... but its only been 6 hours since it came out. Give them some time to figure out what all is wrong and get with their guys that can write a patch to fix the problems. All these " OMGZ ITS RUINED WTF TRENDY IM QUITING" posts and comments are not needed and just make out the majority of the people posting such thing to look like they are spoiled little kids who stomp their feet when they dont get their way.

Someone once told me there's stuff to do outside, maybe you guys should look into that and give Trendy some time to get stuff in order.

-Sent from my house, where I'm laughing my *** off @ all these over-caffinated preteens-

Get your tongue out of their backside, we have every right to be angry.

well... see what happens when they release too soon ^^;;
everyone QQ'ed because the patch was late, now everyone QQ because it's bugged.

This would be valid if they had made any acknowledgement of the problem. As it stands we can only assume they are trying to ignore it and hope that we all just shut up about it eventually.

Yeah. Trendy should've gone the route of some of the larger game devs and released DD with no DLC or patches that take player comments into account.

Forget trying to make your player base happy, when you know that you'll always find whiny ingrates. Just take your money and move on to a new project.

You could even be like MicroProse or Koei and recycle the exact same game for 20 years.

Yeah.

Bottom line is that you cannot please everyone. Best example was from another thread yesterday. ppl complaining that Trendy doesn't take enough time to test their game, and ppl complaining that trendy was taking too long to release (was a day later than earlier posted).

I guess the only purpose these forums really serve is for ppl to (hear themselves) complain about one thing or another. Gives em that sense of power that they lack in the offline world.

So ran the assault maps with my brother but I got a unicorn and he didn't?

Also...Underwater NM Assault is retarded.

We have every right to be angry... however we are acting like children... I'm fine with that though. Stupid Fing patch.

Congrats your the biggest Troll or biggest loser I have seen yet on theses forums.... If this is a glitch etc... then I will feel really bad but I am sure it's not and trendy has had more then enough time to at least post something.

AND NO IT WAS NOT TESTED ENOUGH!!! Trendy needs to shut the hell up about any type of release notice.... Beta test the hell out of the game and release quicker but less detailed patches and slowly integrate things into the game. Name one thing this patch added that works even half correctly besides the tiny stupid extra features like the H key...

Item features messed up...
Barb messed up...
Jetpack messed up...
Nurfs really messed up...
New map pack messed up.....

Ninja updates.......... Words cannot describe.

The new Assault maps - they're fun. Except for Nightmare. A trend I feel like I keep seeing with new content is that the rich players can get richer and the poor just have a harder time catching up. That so few can do NM on them already, selling the drops for who knows what, but the people who actually need and can benefit from these items most likely don't have the gear to do it, especially if they enjoy trying to attempt it solo.

With each new bit of content that comes our way, I can't help feeling bottlenecked more and more. Granted, I've not been playing nearly as long, and most of those long time players who've earned where they're at deserve it, but it sure as hell isn't easy to come anywhere close to them, and that's really discouraging when you're putting a decent amount of effort into it. It was fun seeing good players do precise jumps and maneuvering on the ES NM Assault, because you could learn from them and possibly do it yourself. I don't think this is going to be the case this time around though...

The item organization - definitely nifty. As I've been getting more gear to build tower/damage/aura sets for my characters and holding onto them, this was a nice way to organize them without having to drop them around the tavern. Good little time saver, but browsing over the forums seems like it's rather buggy when buying from other peoples' folders.

Aura pet nerfs - I like it, if you do it correctly. Pairing it together with the hefty stealth nerf of Apprentice towers though? Ouch. I'd love to see more pets be viable for HC NM Misty, since I have more fun playing my Countess, but if I grouped with people it feels rather lame, buff some towers, occasionally kill stuff, at the risk of losing the tower buff, dying, etc. Using another pet far outweighed the reward of the auras. With a bit of work all around on the pets I'm sure the variety would be welcomed, since you wouldn't feel forced to use certain pets.

Healing Increase - more help for melee, so I welcome it. I'd love to see better mobile healing though. The pet is lame, and the monk aura is situational. I'd take a surcharge in mana kinda like instant upgrade in order to be able to more effectively heal myself while on the move / attacking / dodging.

Somewhat unrelated - capping player earned mana at 200,000,000 is frustrating. I understand multiple reasons for it, but for the honest player who likes earning money through playing, and not just leaving DD minimized or on while afk to attempt to go past that cap is frustrating. I was happy a week or so back when I began to be successful enough to surpass that point, only to realize I'd get capped that way. I've made it past on sales many times now, but that's still not how I'd prefer to make money when I can play to do so.

By far one of the worst patches I have ever experienced in any game. It's so bad I will be quitting the game, just shy of 400 hours played. I loved the game, but you ****ing ruined it.

This isn't even the worst patch in this game on the account this one is still playable.