Is this a Hacked item? Help me decide

Hi, someone wants to sell me a staff at 20k damage with 215 upgrades.

I used the online damage calculator to find it's base damage, which showed about 13,000 base.

Is it possible for a staff to drop with 13,000 base damage and only 215 upgrades? In nightmare livestream perhaps? Or is this weapon 100% hacked?

Edit: I can't get on steam servers for an image, but here are the Staff Stats:
Damage: 20,000
Charge: 128
8 Player stats: All ~200
Upgrades: 215/215

Edit: I can't get on steam servers for an image, but here are the Staff Stats:
Damage: 20,000
Charge: 128
8 Player stats: All ~200
Upgrades: 215/215

Hacked. When was the last time you saw an item that good? Half that good? A tenth that good?

Probably hacked -- I've seen some weapons pretty close to that, but never a staff ;-)

Yeah same, the most I've seen for base damage is about 4k, never seen a staff with 13k base damage and all other stats perfect :|

Not possible. Highest staff I've ever seen was 1400, but it only had 140 ups or something (I was so disappointed). Likewise, highest charge possible is 128 as anything higher when picked up resets to that (my staff was 207 on the ground, but became +128... I was SO excited, and then I cried).

-T

Your math is wrong..

Weapons don't have 13k base attack, true, but that weapon didn't have 13k base attack. I have had 2 bows with around 250^s that I got fully upgraded/near full and both times the damage ended up being over 20k attack when fully upgraded. Their base attack was something like 500/600.. Bows naturally have less base attack from what I've seen, so that staff could easily have had the 2.5k or so attack it would have needed to get to 20k with 215 upgrades.

I can and have found 130^~ staffs in Summit HC NM Survival around wave 10 (3 waves in) with +100s to every stat, so It's not hard to imagine that staffs like this actually do drop in the later waves.

Your math is wrong..

Weapons don't have 13k base attack, true, but that weapon didn't have 13k base attack. I have had 2 bows with around 250^s that I got fully upgraded/near full and both times the damage ended up being over 20k attack when fully upgraded. Their base attack was something like 500/600.. Bows naturally have less base attack from what I've seen, so that staff could easily have had the 2.5k or so attack it would have needed to get to 20k with 215 upgrades.

I can and have found 122^~ staffs in Summit HC NM Survival around wave 10 (3 waves in) with +100s to every stat, so It's not hard to imagine that staffs like this actually do drop in the later waves.
Keep in mind that bows can gain 80 dmg per upgrade where as staves may only advance 48 dmg per upgrade. Over the course of a couple hundred upgrades this will lead to a very significant difference in what base dmg these need in order to break 20k.

At 215 upgrades the most you're going to advance a staff's dmg is 10,320. In order to hit 20k, said staff would have to have a base dmg of 9,680. I dont find that particularly likely, personally.

Your math is wrong..

I can and have found 122^~ staffs in Summit HC NM Survival around wave 10 (3 waves in) with +100s to every stat, so It's not hard to imagine that staffs like this actually do drop in the later waves.

Well yeah, but the max upgrade for bows is 80, and for staves it's 48.

215 * 48 = 10320 in upgrades, so it would have had to start at ~10k base.

I call hacked, I've done mistymire nm hc to early 20 waves now, and I've never seen a staff pass 1500 base even.

Oh.. I didn't know that Bows and Staffs scaled differently per upgrade. My bad.

K, yah that staff is hacked. What is the max per upgrade scaling for Swords/Spears?

Oh.. I didn't know that Bows and Staffs scaled differently per upgrade. My bad.

K, yah that staff is hacked. What is the max per upgrade scaling for Swords/Spears?
That I don't know. Haven't done much upgrading on my monk or squire.

That I don't know. Haven't done much upgrading on my monk or squire.

I think it's 80, but it's higher for hammers/axes as they attack slower (100ish) and lower for katanas and other "fast" weapons (48?)

The highest starting base attack for a staff that I've seen is 2600 from Mistymire, there are staffs with stats in the hundreds all around I've seen, I've yet to see ANY staff with more then one or two stats over the 200 mark, and even so there would be negatives on it more then likely.

(Edit when saying staff I'm refering to Apprentice staffs)

Depends if its a monk or mage staff.

The highest ups from what I gather is 250-254ish.
The highest base I've heard about on a mage staff is a bit over 3K, lets say 3500 is possible and it ups 48 each.
I've seen monk weapons with a base over 4300K in melee (for some reason nowhere near it in range), not sure how much it ups.

Easy to calculate it based on that.

I think it's 80, but it's higher for hammers/axes as they attack slower (100ish) and lower for katanas and other "fast" weapons (48?)

Lowest upgrade value cap for a squire weapon is 80. Then they scale up from there. There are several posts already with all of that information.

Goddanm I feel sorry for Finally who has to post - every - danm - day, that if you are unsure you should post in the 'report a player' section and then Trendy will see if it's legit or not.

Whoah. I am utterly sad that people cannot see this for themselves when 99% of the new threads consist of 'LEGIT?!" titles.

Not trying to do his work, but I cry a little inside every time.

Its hacked.

Please ask in the report a player area if you think an item is hacked and a GM will help you.