So i go on my friends list, join some's game, and what is happening?

Deadly strike towers doing 23m dmg and fire rate 0.01.

I look at his gear everything looks normal.... i say normal it looks like hes got some gear from medium :/

stats, 100/ 200/ 156 / 300

He said his chest plate was hacked, with some hidden hack that does not alter the visual stats... :/

so it looks like 50 tower cast rate, but its really a hacked value.

HOW THE HELL can you report that :/

and how the hell can we buy stuff from shops now when they could have secret hacked values on them :/

Only way to be ligal is to not use the afkstore system at all.

You buy good stuff = big chance hacked or obtained by someone used hacked item or obtained by someone that got good gear by someone who farmed that gear with help of hacked items
You sell stuff = big chance of being bought by hacked mana, being bought by mana got from farming with hacked items, or being bought by mana obtained by selling unhacked item to halftime hacker

It is just like the theory about most the paper money having cocaine on it, you cant avoid it if you want to trade with it

Only way to be ligal is to not use the afkstore system at all.

You buy good stuff = big chance hacked or obtained by someone used hacked item or obtained by someone that got good gear by someone who farmed that gear with help of hacked items
You sell stuff = big chance of being bought by hacked mana, being bought by mana got from farming with hacked items, or being bought by mana obtained by selling unhacked item to halftime hacker

My point was his items were complete rubbish, they wasent even godly they looked like items from medium.
not 1 stat was over 40, on each item. his pet was a hunt guardian with 5 boost. and he dident even have a wep on.

plus how can you report them :/ theres nothing to highlight or point out to a dev.

My point was his items were complete rubbish, they wasent even godly they looked like items from medium.
not 1 stat was over 40, on each item. his pet was a hunt guardian with 5 boost. and he dident even have a wep on.

plus how can you report them :/ theres nothing to highlight or point out to a dev.

Donno how good trendynet are on doing things, but they should be able to see the hidden stats in the coding, so just report like normaly.
Think I had a host useing those hacked items, but you chould tell by his overview stats, they was just a chain of numbers, he had 180m hp, MM towers did over 100k each hit and his gear didnt have over 20 on any stat :P
The towers didnt even glow

I'm not even sure an item like that is POSSIBLE.

Unless...

Ok, so stats "cap" at some value, overwhich they turn negative (flip the sign bit). In practice this isn't useful. (For sake of easy examples, lets say the max is 127 and it rolls over to -127*) Now, if you apply a number that's greater than that cap by a large enough amount....say, 380, the listed value would be 126.

From a computing standpoint, this is equivalent to having a 126, in all respects. However, depending on what datatype is being used to store the data, use the data, and display the data, it might not be.

Eg. using a long int to store and calculate, but a short int to display, would show rollovers...but not be calculated as a rollover.

Someone who's poked around inside the source files would know better.

*Technically speaking one of these numbers will be +/-128, or you get both a positive and negative 0, which isn't correct. However, it's irrelevant.

No more stat roll on hero stats... some item specific ones do tho =\

I meant on items.

I asked him on steam, what was boosting his attack speed and damage and he said it was his chest peice he bought from someones shop for 90m.

The stats on the chest are "30 / 40 / 26 / 40"

and make the deadly strikes hit 23m dmg per bolt, and fire rate is 0.01.

Report him

Then he wouldn't be a true friend. :squire:
What he should do is just tell his friend to get rid of that item to be safe.

Are you sure he's not just BSing you? Was the tower put down by that character?

Yes im not going to report him as hes a friend.

And no i joined his game he loaded up nightmare, throne room, and put down 5 Deadly strikes and lazer beamed the whole map and the boss spawn and insta died.

The reason i started the thread was to raise awareness of new items that have hidden hacks.

Yes im not going to report him as hes a friend.

And no i joined his game he loaded up nightmare, throne room, and put down 5 Deadly strikes and lazer beamed the whole map and the boss spawn and insta died.

The reason i started the thread was to raise awareness of new items that have hidden hacks.

If he's using a memory hack which it sounds like since you can't actually see the stat changes he'll enjoy his VAC ban in a few weeks. Not really smart move.