Beginers please note! - Spawn camping does not work in this game.

Hi folks,

Just wanted to get this out there for anyone new playing, i guess you could call it a tip. The tutorial does make this quite clear, but i still see people doing it every other "quick join" game i enter (and promptly leave)

I know in many tower defence games you can get away with placing all of your towers covering the spawn points. But please remember the dark energy aura surrounding the spawn points in this game.

Too many times i see people placing bumpers and blockers and towers right on the spawn points. this will not work, as most of the baddies are invunerable/invincible untill they have walked out of that purple coloured area. So putting your bumper as close as you can to the spawn point, and dumping your towers right behind it generally does not work..

The second factor is that you only have x build points, and this will mean on the later areas, you can't have enough on each spawn point to kill everything, even if the dark aura wasn't there.

So a fundemental tip, incase you haven't worked this one out yet.

Find the junctions where the various paths meet, stick a blocker in there, and dump your towers behind it, and your auras/traps in front. If you want to get really strategic, see if you can move any back further, and eliminate the need for 2 blockers, this frees up build points for more fire-power.

as an example:

imagine you are stood at a T junction, you could have a blocker on each side of the top of the T shape.... Or, you would do better to save those 6/8 points by using one blocker on the vertical line of the T shape. this also means you dont need to have say 2 fire towers back to back covering both angles, you only need one behind the blocker on the verticle line. Or use the saved points on more fire-power behind the blocker.

I use the fire tower as an example due to its splash damage (area of effect), 2 streams filtering into one, being pounded by 2 fire towers is much cleaner and nicer than towers everywhere, and not being used to their full potential.

I hope this helps at least some players out there, and i suspect that if you use these guidelines you will always be welcomed back into a group.

One final thing, remember you are working as a team, if someone has put a blocker down, you dont need to put one in front of it to try and get extra kills. You will more likely be booted for this as it wastes valuable build points and mana.

look for me in game.. same name as above, but with a 600 on the end.

Thats all folks!

I hope you find it helpfull

Bandit

Unfortunately you are preaching to the converted here.

+1

Unfortunately anyone who takes this game seriously enough to check forums is not going to be stupid enough to have not figured this out on their own.

On the other hand, you will very frequently see people doing this in an attempt to just get kills to gain more experience (as experience is not shared on Dundef vBeta). They, and those like them, are the reason why many of us choose to host games and kick anyone who shows idiot tendencies (not repairing, going straight for loot, building anything when the host obviously has it under control, saying "dont kick me pl0x?" etc)

Good luck using Quick Match!

who needs blockades when you can spam electric aura and inferno trap all over the map? :P

anyhow, i agree that players who take this seriously will probably note the fact that the purple glyph around the door causing enemies to be invincible will also note the fact that it's stupid to put a bumper or slicer their. Those who don't know this, will probably never come to the forum, or can easily figure it out on their own after a few trys and eventually watching what happens.

even still, it's sometimes hard to anticipate ogres range and ability to swing through walls. On royal gardens, the bottom of the map, we had a bumper on both sides of the opening paths, and once the ogre spawn he stayed inside the door and kept swinging through the wall to destroy the bumper.

This being said, can't fault for few ogre accidents that may happen, but still, i think you have horrible luck with player OP. I can't imagine that their are too many people so stupid to do this.

who needs blockades when you can spam electric aura and inferno trap all over the map? :P

anyhow, i agree that players who take this seriously will probably note the fact that the purple glyph around the door causing enemies to be invincible will also note the fact that it's stupid to put a bumper or slicer their. Those who don't know this, will probably never come to the forum, or can easily figure it out on their own after a few trys and eventually watching what happens.

even still, it's sometimes hard to anticipate ogres range and ability to swing through walls. On royal gardens, the bottom of the map, we had a bumper on both sides of the opening paths, and once the ogre spawn he stayed inside the door and kept swinging through the wall to destroy the bumper.

This being said, can't fault for few ogre accidents that may happen, but still, i think you have horrible luck with player OP. I can't imagine that their are too many people so stupid to do this.

Perhaps but I think every one of us has seen it happen. During an insane Wizardry attempt, someone actually put a slicer right next to a spawn point. We ummm.... failed that wave. I've also seen the ogre attacking through the wall in the royal gardens as well. You just have to hope people learn from these mistakes. No one is perfect... even with practice.

my question comes as to what level the hero is of these players? If a player still has that logic, then he/she should not even be tackling wizardry.

But, humanity does continue to surprise me

It's really not too hard to look at what the enemy is being dealt, and if it says 00000000000... and so on, I hope to God that you don't just say it's a glitch and try again. I mean IDK maybe the purple hexagrams and the prominent 0 are not a big enough of a hint but hey whatever noobs wanna do they are gonna do.

Brought To You By The DD-Noob Clan "We OWN The Monsters".

PS: not the spawn camping I was thinking of...

Thats a pretty good point, if ya care enough about the game to come here, should have worked it out by now.

so when do you guys all play? i'm on GMT and play till stupid o'clock. but i rarely find someone with brains, actually, its often better at stupid o'clock, maybe cuz its later.

hopefully i'll bump into some of you guys on the psn. or feel free to add me, my forum name with a 600 on the end.

Well, spawn camping with infernos and electric auras tends to work pretty well, since they've got nothing to attack that'd cause them to hang back in the circle of protection. Assuming the map allows for placement near the spawn.