Online game etiquette

Was just wondering what the feeling was about people joining your hosted game after you have set all your towers. You let them join without booting and they start deleting the towers you have already laid for their own version and then they f*** it up for you. Should people ask before they start changing things of yours? I'm everybody thinks their way is best but if they are not hosting, surely it's good manners to ask first. Or am I old fashioned?

If you're not the host, you don't touch towers unless asked. Anyone who does this to me gets instaboot! :D

Before I start a map in a public game, I tell everyone not to build or sell towers. If they do, they get kicked immediately no questions asked. Not kicking tower sellers is asking for someone to intentionally screw you over by selling all your towers and then leaving with the mana.

And yes, people should ask before they replace or build towers. I still do, even though my stats are often way better than the builder's stats are, as it's the polite thing to do.

It would be a nice option to allow the builder to lock their tower, or for the host to enable a tick box that locks towers by builder (if they choose to enable the setting). Perhaps even a "All host towers locked"/"All towers locked by builder"/"Free-for-all" option set (or along those lines).