Nightmare Hardcore Endless Spires campaign

I have, yes, and this build doesn't carry over to survival well - its focus is in quick killing rather than prolonged survival so it does tend to fall over quickly if you don't babysit it. There are some tweaks you can make to help, such as doubling up the top wall and using drain auras, but generally you'll be better off with a different build on survival.

Have you found a good survival build? your right we get wiped on wave 11 of survival every time with this setup because they simply will not last long enough for 2 people to cover two spots.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subnuclear, try Disciple's build if you haven't already, it's a survival build rather than a campaign build.

Superjars, I've added you and will try and take you through once or twice if I have time later.

I hate switching char, especially for these type of loot runs. So instead of your 3 ensnares I simply added an extra MM at each chokepoint. I upgrade everything to level 2 and I changed the location of one of the DST's a bit higher up the stairs so it hits wyrens a bit earlier.

But thanks, works very well.

Hey anarial,

I have been trying your build, sometimes I succeed but sometimes I fail. In the last wave I NEED to repair the walls at the north and sometimes the western walls as well. The point where I die is when I want or need to repair the walls, the dark elf warriors jump on me and almost instant kill me lol. Then the walls break and they destory the crystal :( Im still trying, I think I need to get the ensnare aura a bit more down so when they jump over the wall they still are slowed.

towerstats:
243/600/424/624 with my guardian equipped. I equip the guardian in the last wave, till then my genie (not the best genie though..). My guardian isnt the best either, thats why Im trying spires NM HC hehe

Where are you standing to repair those walls, right next to them or at maximum repair range? Where do you stand when not repairing?

Where are you standing to repair those walls, right next to them or at maximum repair range? Where do you stand when not repairing?

Hmm placed the auras more to the blockades, and it seems I can constantly win the map ^^. I stand at max repair range. But I got it sorted out now, thanks anyway :D

I used the 2nd setup (i think it was) with the LTx2 FBx2 4xMM 4xDST - took away 2 blockades at the top / swapped the 2MM up there too for FBs + placed a LT to the NW slightly awell.

Only needed 2 Barricades on lower map each side - removed all ensnare for easy of build

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=11333

I now finish it everytime with no issues at all, using a genie 1st wave I can generally get a full build by the end of the wave, Genie again 2nd wave to upgrade the north - use mana from end of wave/chests to upgrade south - swap to App guardian and then pretty much just sit on the lower LT (although I do move up for ogres just to watch them melt :p) - Its worth upgrading barricades at end of waves, but my Tower Health is pretty low (~350) so its necessary for me.

Apprentice stats are ~ 350/650/600/450 and I am using a DPS staff ofc (~600k DPS on timed charge shots in tavern) - this is after a few runs and upgrading because I was refreshing the shop

Best pet ive seen so far though was a serpent with ~120^ and +80ish to all stats (full Tower) and that was for Wave 10 of Magus HC NM (I get smashed on wave 10 due to ogres coming from the E)

My Build seems to get smashed at wave 10 on ES though, I really feel you MUST have StrDrain/Ensnare at my gear level, but then I lose to much DPS ;(

Also... They really need to up the mana cap! Finally realise why >.

awesome build just tried it and it's very good much easier than the one with the DST alone, haven't tried it for survival yet.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=11993

That's what I've been using so far. (And yeah, it's modified off the Loot Progression build.) I've mostly done it with a friend standing on the north crystal wave 3+ with a Huntress and Huntress Guardian. Last time I tried it completely solo I lost to the triple ogres last wave, but that was a while ago and Ive gotten better gear since then. If you can rubber band a controller up there to just keep firing that actually works just as well with the auto-aim.

Imma go try out this one now, though: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=11333

EDIT: Wow, that works way better than mine.

I've tried this map several times using my own strats and those that I've found elsewhere. This strat allowed me to finally complete wave 8 with these (not very good) stats: 427/546/216/269. Torn between trying to farm NM and farming mana to buy better gear. So far can make it to wave 7 on NM Alch (only to be obliterated by the boss) and having problems in NM Misty. My hero DPS is also not adequate to do insane UMF for mana... sadly as I have 2 towerheroes.

I was able to make it TO wave 8 on survival but the Ogres (3 at a time from 2 sides at wave 7, lost count at 5 spawns on wave 8 - no idea how many were actually spawned.)

So far can make it to wave 7 on NM Alch (only to be obliterated by the boss) and having problems in NM Misty. My hero DPS is also not adequate to do insane UMF for mana... sadly as I have 2 towerheroes.

i'm about in the same boat as you. not quite good enough stats to pull off the stuff i have been reading about on here. i'm thinking that people just play MORE than me, and are able to run fully upgraded gear and stuff...

all of my gear is like 20/78 upgrades etc. who has the mana to fully upgrade something they may replace in 2-3 runs :O

I'll give your build a try tonight with my terrible (in comparision) geared app. I'm just barely able to solo insane glitter and using the loot guide build i can get past the first two waves endless NM so i'm starting to get at least some mythical gear.

I'm curious on how far i can get with the stats i have, i think they are like 150, 250, 100, 150

If you have a passable Genie and Apprentice Guardian you should be able to do relatively well. The final wave with 3 Ogres might give you some problems until you're in better gear however. Try using a Genie for the first couple of waves to farm as much mana as you can, use it to upgrade the Fireball Towers, Deadly Striker Towers and the Magic Blockades. If you can 3* them it would be good, but don't worry if you can't, at least get them to 1* though. Your tower placements might have to vary slightly to compensate for your lower range, but give it a try with stuff in position first.

Hey, first off I wanted to thank you deeply for the layout. My friend gave me a build and I could never get it to work, always failed at the last waved. When I tried your build, I beat the level the first time through, but failed the next 5. I tweaked it a bit, and now I win every time (unless I die beginning of the last wave).

Here's my build: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=12569

I kept most of it the same, however I removed two of the MM towers protecting the crystal against wyverns (I'm assuming that's what they're for), and left one of them. I'm not worried about getting the Flawless award, since I'm in it for the Mana, so it works fine (rarely they'll hit the crystal, not that often though).

I had a problem with Spiders when I ran your build, they kept webbing the defenses since they were all so close together, so I spread everything out a bit. The Electric Tower in the northern section covers a lot more area then it does in your build (with my stats it does at least, I'll post those later), so it often kills stuff before it can even get down the ramp. There's also a spider that spawns right in front of the chest in the northern section (not the far north one, the one around the middle of the map), he was giving me a whole ton of problems because 9/10 times he'd have electric resistance. I moved the leftmost MM tower to just behind where the chest spawns, and positioned it so it can take care of that spider, as well as hit stuff that comes down the ramp. I also spread out the FB towers so they aren't so close together that the spiders can web them all at once. They're also far enough away that the Ogres can't smash them.

I also changed the positions of the 4 MM towers in the middle. When I did it your way, they were completely useless, they kept getting webbed and couldn't kill anything. I placed them on top of the cone things at the 4 corners at the top of the staircases, and positioned them so they could shoot enemies walking up the stairs, as well as shoot any spiders that attacked the FB towers or the Ele tower. I've yet to see them be webbed, the spiders like going for stuff on the ground instead.

I left the Ensnare Aura's alone, the placement of those is fine. I do try to get it so that when the ogre is attacking the barricades, he'll still be caught in it. When he goes into his rage mode thing at 1/2 hp, the Ensnare Aura slows down his animation by ~1/2, allowing the towers to get 100-200k extra damage in. It helps quite a bit, especially on the last wave. I also left the blockades alone for obvious reasons. I ran out of DU, so I couldn't put the two barricades on the bottom, so I just randomly throw one down on either side to fill up that last DU and get the Master Builder XP.

I have 3 FB towers up top because mine to 10k damage when clean, and any spiders with Fire resistance die from the Electric tower anyway, so they're better then MM towers.

When Upgrading, I get the entire northern section to 3^s, first the towers then the blockades. I keep the auras alone, sometimes I accidentally upgrade them, but there's no difference between a clean aura and a 3* aura (When using ensnare for this map. Radius stays the same pretty much, and the movement speed stays at a constant 27%, so there's no point wasting mana). I like upgrading the Ele tower first, then work on the FB towers, then the MM tower, and lastly the MM tower. This goes for pretty much all areas of the map, first ele, then fire, then MM, then DS. However, for the DS towers covering the Wyvern spawns, I upgrade those starting around wave 3. The MM towers covering the wyverns are fine, they don't need to be upgraded.

Having a Genie is a must, I haven't tried it without one, but I'm 100% sure I would fail. Using this build, it's more important to get the Damage towers upgraded before the Blockades, because for the first few waves, the ogres will just stand there and watch as they die. However, they need to be at least 3^ by the last wave, else they'll break. Also, if you die in the very beginning of the last wave, you will lose, guaranteed (unless you have the luck of the gods). I don't quite understand why this happens, because if you sit there and do nothing, you'll win. You have to stay alive. When the round starts, I like jumping on the NE crystal, then hopping onto one of the two statues right next to it. Nothing will attack you there, so you're safe to sit and watch. If something starts to break, rush over and heal it and try not to die.

Here's my stats:

38/206/291/248 (helm has -91 hp on it lol...)
276/221
503/637/486/444

My gear sucks, my genie is 1495 attack, 24/24^, my staff has 5739 attack. I do around 8k damage per charge shot, and get about 200 mana per hit.

So again, thanks for the guide, it works really well, but I had to tweak it as I showed. Dunno why I posted a guide within a guide, but w/e, hopefully someone will see this if they're having issues with your original build. Total credit and props to you though, you're a genius and I love this build!

Thanks a ton =D

I've tried this map several times using my own strats and those that I've found elsewhere. This strat allowed me to finally complete wave 8 with these (not very good) stats: 427/546/216/269. Torn between trying to farm NM and farming mana to buy better gear.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Once you can reliably complete NM Spires, you can get anywhere from 10-30 million mana per run (allowing everything to sell). Even with keeping a few upgrades each run you should be able to pull 20ish million on average per run. Given that this is a fairly short run, the mana does stack up at a half decent pace. Admittedly, you're not going to get to a position to pay 500 million for a single item this way, but you don't have to sacrifice an entire day to rack up 200 million. I can get from 0 to soft cap in a couple of hours with this. There are definitely faster ways of getting there, but this is so blindingly easy it's hard to let go of it, hehe.

Upgrading your resists makes a world of difference.
This. Once I picked up gear from NM Spires I didn't upgrade any tower stats until each piece had 30% (or 32% depending on the base) in each resist. In NM this equates to 60% resistance and has made worlds of difference, even with lower tower stats. The longer you survive with that app guard, the longer your less powerful towers get buffed to take out ogres.

You guys are making this map WAY too complicated. You should be able to have everything setup by the start of the second wave and then afk the rest of the entire map.

Here is my build, try it... trust me... its much easier and faster. Run a genie and you can get everything setup way before the second wave starts then alt tab for the rest of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxyJFBnfdgQ

what are your stats mopower?

I think my app is at 800/1400/600/700 ish now, but was afking it back when they were much lower. Just upgrade the angled strikers to 46k dmg so they 1 shot the wyverns and you are golden. Keeping the builder out helps

Hi,

1st of all thanks for writing this guide.

It works like a charme for me up until the last wave. I have really no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Everything is set up at the start of the final wave and upgraded as much as possible. Actually I reckon it should be a breeze with my stats (not sure, really just started with the game) and it is with all waves, except the last one.

My App's tower stats are:

310/723/193/518

The mobs always manage to crush through my northern 3^ mblocks at about 1/2 to 2/3 into the wave and I can't counter-repair/upgrade it because of taking damage and then they naturally continue to just annihilate my defenses and the nothern crystal.

Anyone got an idea what might be causing this?

My monk is only LVL73 yet, but he's aura-specced so the snare should be sufficient?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

€: Just noticed I don't switch to an app guardian since I don't have one yet, maybe that's mandatory during the last wave?