Best way to get high boost guardians

I'm currently looking to replace my 20 boost App/Huntress Guardians with something with more (over 20, basically, but as high as possible) boost power.

I'm currently running Hardcore Nightmare Endless Spires and checking out the store for Guardians, but I'm sure this isn't the most effective way of doing it. Am I better off running a bunch of Insane UMF runs and hoping to get a guardian from the MVP, or is there some other way that I'm totally missing?

Guardians boost doesn't go past 40(tested, shown on different topic) so anything above 40(ex:90=40) is good for you. I usually solo Insane UMF or if with friends, NM UMF or NM MM Alc Lab Survival.

Guardians boost doesn't go past 40(tested, shown on different topic) so anything above 40(ex:90=40) is good for you. I usually solo Insane UMF or if with friends, NM UMF or NM MM Alc Lab Survival.

ive seen, 69 boost huntress, in the vendor for 10 mana, so either your wrong or the game has been updated.

Edit: or do you mean even if its like 70, it still acts as 40?

ive seen, 69 boost huntress, in the vendor for 10 mana, so either your wrong or the game has been updated.

Edit: or do you mean even if its like 70, it still acts as 40

Precisely.

Doing NM mistymire survival and petting shroomites gives HEAPS of high boost guardians. :D They give these out like hotcakes, only second to crappy

Doing NM mistymire survival and petting shroomites gives HEAPS of high boost guardians. :D They give these out like hotcakes, only second to crappy

Hrm, will need to finish NM mistymire non-survival for that. I've been able to do the waves themselves, but not sure if I will be able to beat zee Queen. I guess I could join someone else's game who is doing NM mistymire though. Hrm.

Other than that, I guess I should do UMF a bunch of times...

You could also just clear an easier campaign map on NM HC mode - I found a 53 boost, 67 range, +1 tower, 75^ Squire Guardian with ~60 to all four tower stats in my tavern shop for 10 mana after finishing Endless Spires. I frequently see high upgrade pets for 75 million in there too after finishing it.

After doing UMF 2.0 I got a 195^ Squire guardian with 82 boost in my shop, for 10 mana... why is that never an app guard :)

You could also just clear an easier campaign map on NM HC mode - I found a 53 boost, 67 range, +1 tower, 75^ Squire Guardian with ~60 to all four tower stats in my tavern shop for 10 mana after finishing Endless Spires. I frequently see high upgrade pets for 75 million in there too after finishing it.

Thanks for the confirmation that high boost guardians can be gotten from NM HC Endless Spires - I might keep running that for a while to get the Guardian. Running UMF seems like a bit of a crapshoot at times - sometimes the game seems to not want you to win. :) I can reliably beat it, and 75 mil is a trivial amount of mana. :)

After doing UMF 2.0 I got a 195^ Squire guardian with 82 boost in my shop, for 10 mana... why is that never an app guard :)

Hehe, I always get an app animus with that 10 mana tavern bug :( I'd even settle for a huntress since I never see a decent app guard either (despite the 40 boost cap, I'd still love a killer high stats guardian).

Anyway, I seem to remember that ramparts (I think) was that one particular map that nearly always had an apprentice guardian in the shop after doing survival, try that map if you can :)

Hehe, I always get an app animus with that 10 mana tavern bug :( I'd even settle for a huntress since I never see a decent app guard either (despite the 40 boost cap, I'd still love a killer high stats guardian).

Anyway, I seem to remember that ramparts (I think) was that one particular map that nearly always had an apprentice guardian in the shop after doing survival, try that map if you can :)

I do have Ramparts unlocked for survival, so that's an option to take as well. Do you recommend stopping at 10/15 to farm it better, or are they more likely to turn up on later waves?

.... ha.

After one more round of doing Endless Ramparts? (the first one since doing this thread - done many many before this)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995115024/screenshot/594706251579242607

For ten mana.... jeez...

Random chance is.... fun. <_<

EDIT: For reference, this one boosts my towers from a base of 2373 into 9464. Niiice.
EDIT2: Also, after doing another go through (looking for a huntress guardian), I got saw another one with 11 boost for 35 million. So if you're seeing something like that for a stage in nm, it still might be possible to grab one over 20.

I do have Ramparts unlocked for survival, so that's an option to take as well. Do you recommend stopping at 10/15 to farm it better, or are they more likely to turn up on later waves?

Well since its every 5 rounds of survival that the tavernkeep restocks his items for sale, and wave 13 is when the moderately high stuff starts to drop, I'd say stop at 13-15 for sanity's sake. Of course the higher waves the better, but it's the tavernkeep restocking his items that you're after, so the more frequently he restocks the greater your chances (as with everything, it's purely random). Keep in mind he apparently restocks every 5 rounds so I'd assume he restocks at wave 13, 18, 23, etc. with increasing quality. But the time difference between grinding 5 survival waves and 10 is exponentially high :( (So it pretty much depends on your play style and time to spare). And please bear in mind I'm only basing this off my days of farming insane ramparts pre-NM so I'm not certain how NM ramparts works with guardians in the tavernkeep now.

With nightmare mode, it's weird how campaign nightmare summit rewards an animus. I understand how pre-UMF 1.0 the animus was pretty decent for its time, but guardians are now more useful. Seeing as heaps of people use them now I'd love to see high stat guardians as a challenge/campaign reward perhaps :)

UMF2 NM is easiest. The way I do it you don't even have to attack any mobs the entire time, just stand and right click as a squire/countess. It only takes about an hour as well.

Are the lvl 74 guardians even worth getting? Since the lvl 70s ones get to 40 boost and they're both capped at +5 towers for some stupid fkin reason.

Are the lvl 74 guardians even worth getting? Since the lvl 70s ones get to 40 boost and they're both capped at +5 towers for some stupid fkin reason.

The bonus stats (as in, hero/tower stats) should be better on the level 74 guardians, but I don't know to what level that'd be the case as I've not seen one myself.

UMF2 NM is easiest. The way I do it you don't even have to attack any mobs the entire time, just stand and right click as a squire/countess. It only takes about an hour as well.

Easy hey? Where's the video?

I can make map of the strat sometime but not right now. It is basically just 5 fireballs + 5 strikers in the corner by the tree. They are in seperate clusters under a heal aura. There are two lightning towers in front of the fireballs(which are in the front). 2 stacks of str drain/ensnare and then 4 walls on the ramp and 4 walls below. Both people can be on squire/countess or 1 squire/countess and the app tower builder standing in the back with a hunt guard on the strikers. The squire/countess stands on the front of fireball/lightning stack with an app guardian and the other guy has a hunt guard and stands on the strikers for most of the game(only moving when many ogres to buff fireballs or to repair). The person in front right click blocks. At the end of wave 14 you may have to kill the slow kobolds on your squire/countess depending on your luck with time.

Sound fun, I'd love to see a vid of it in action, I'm sure everyone else would too. :D