Max points? Max points per skill?

What is the maximum amount of skill points a character can get with current level74 cap? What is the max you can put into any given skill? Is it possible for example to max all 4 defense skills? Thank you in advance. :)

You can max 2 skills (120 each) and put 91 in another.

Generally people put 120 in health and attack for DPS characters, and tower health/attack for tower characters. The other 91 i've seen vary from person/class.

For tower characters, you don't want to evenly spread them out because your gear will get them high enough to the point where dimishing returns are terrible. The only stat that doesnt have terrible dimishing returns is tower attack. This is why you see people with 600 points in hp/rate/radius and 1400+ in damage. I suggest 120 in tower HP/Attack and 91 in tower attack rate. Radius will get plenty of boosts from gear alone.

Maybe I'm just weird, but now that a single piece of Mythical loot can be equivalent to raising a character to 74 like 3 times over (at level 1 of hundreds and no set bonus, no less), I just re-spec later and put an even distribution into everything for every character.

I am confused. My character has 127 in hero dmg..so how is 120 the max?

120 from SKILL POINTS due to LEVEL UP. You can go above that WITH EQUIPMENT.

I guess I'm still new to the lingo. The 127 is from me adding points in there from leveling..or do points from a weapon show up in your skills...I guess that is the confusing part for me..>.< So there should come a point when i can no longer put points manually when i level up in DMg correct? How many points do you get for each level up?

Thanks for the info guys, that clears up a ton of confusion that I was having. I'm going to definately rebuild all of my characters.

I guess I'm still new to the lingo. The 127 is from me adding points in there from leveling..or do points from a weapon show up in your skills...I guess that is the confusing part for me..>.< So there should come a point when i can no longer put points manually when i level up in DMg correct? How many points do you get for each level up?

It's simple math really.

http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Handbook

You have 331 skill points over 74 levels to allot and each skill has a maximum of 120 points. Thus allowing you to either max out 2 skills leaving 91 left over or placing them anywhere you want.

For example: I think I'm going to rebuild my Huntress to look like this,

[Hero Health] = 120
+
[Hero Damage] = 120
+
[Hero Speed] = 91
---------------------------
Total Points: 331

Using the above, if said stat goes above 120, then each additional point is from gear.

I guess I'm still new to the lingo. The 127 is from me adding points in there from leveling..or do points from a weapon show up in your skills...

Points from armor and weapon show up in skills. Move your mouse over it and see the breakdown.