Soloing Hard Ramparts?

I'm trying to do it right now on my 45 Tower App, but my towers just get swarmed and they just break through to
my crystals. Is there a guide or something on how to do this?

I started doing it around late 30's mid 40's as well, it took alot of maintenance for me until I did the first few runs. (You level stupidly fast here on your first guy) I tried to make that layout worker thing work, but I cant figure out how to turn them. So I will try and describe it, with the starter mana I put a MM + Fireball in each of the 3 choke points, two MM on the roof facing west for wyverns and the last MM S / SW of the crystal facing S / SW, but this one was the tricky one to make sure it hit the wyverns. After the first wave I was reinforcing each chokpoint with a lightning, a blockade and a 2nd fireball, then I was placing two DST towers on the lip of the ledge south of the crystal for the ogres on 7th and 8th waves.

If you do the very first level on insane and boost a monk up to like even level 15-20 the ensnare aura can replace the Magic barrier, and eventually the lightning aura can replace the lightning tower too. I also had a very easy time doing it with my huntress, with Apprentice towers as wyvern cover / ogre lane dps, using the trap layering thing Inferno < Gas < Prox, with a MM tower to cover the back portion on the non ogre lanes.

• 2 weeks later...
I did ramps on hard with my Lv35 Apprentice, and it's stupid easy.

From what I can gather, the easiest stat build is:
70% of your total Points into Tower Attack and the remaining 30% split (15% in each) Tower Range and Speed.

Next is covering the 3 ground choke points.
Choke #1
2 blockades, Have them spaced, one behind the other. (Deals with Orge, until you're gear is better.)
2 Flame Towers behind your Blockades
1 Lightning Tower

If you're still having Orge troubles, you can either upgrade these towers to lv2, or compenstate and use 3 Flame Towers. Although, 3 should be overkill.

Choke #2 & #3
1 blockade
2 Flame Towers behind your Blockade
1 Lightning Tower, behind the flames.

Air
2 Magic Missle Towers by the Crystal
2 magic Missle Towers on the Red-Bricked Building.

I got that site with the map layouts to work right so here is the setup I use on hard/insane initial build and then finished. One thing to note, I use a genie so I can fill out my DU for the bonus exp. Another small difference is with 1-2 players the ogres all come from the south door, on 3-4 extra come from the top door so you may want to plan accordingly and move some of the excessive defense on the south part to cover it.
Initial: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11387
End: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11390

• 2 weeks later...
i used a build similar to this to solo ramparts on insane, from level 45-70.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=13952

My tower stats were 1/120/10/10 on my adept, after i maxed tower damage the rest were put into tower attack speed. With gear it was around 50/200/40/100 maybe. During my lower level attempts the final wave ogre would bust through my back defense, but that's fine, because you still gain about 5 levels per run. Repeat to gain levels/upgrade equipment a bit as needed.

This is my typical setup for Ramps Hard / Insane.

Initial build with starting mana: Initial Build
For Insane: Stay on your apprentice, gathering mana and building during the first wave.

Final build when I use my Monk: Final w/ Monk
Final buildFinal Just Apprentice

I have zero issue with these builds. If you need to upgrade towers, certainly upgrade the southern ones to deal with the ogre's. Repair as needed, which shouldn't be a lot, but may be needed if a :mage: stays back spawning :skeleton: to beat on your towers.

Hang around the two crystals, and you should be able to pick up the 1.3x for no crystal dmg, 1.3x for no player dmg, and as your tower stats go up, you should be able to get the Master Strategist achievement as well.

Good Luck

For Hard, here is my setup with the 3 choke points + air. If your towers are powerful enough, you shouldn't even have to upgrade them.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=14969

For insane, you can do a similar setup, but you will want to double up and upgrade the southern towers. Additionally, an extra set of magic blockades will allow your main towers to burn him from afar.You'll also want to setup a total of 3 Air Towers (3 at each air defense location,) instead of 1 for the ducks.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=14974

Started doing this around the same level you were. I just farmed this map until 70 on my squire, then leveled my alts on this map on hard diff. due to the fact I think the xp/hour is better. I had watched a video on youtube with a good setup for this map and just went from there. Always did it pure squire though, then went back and used diff. strats/hero combos after getting multiple alts to 70 on console.