Why do YOU like this game?

Hey everyone, I made this topic to discuss why people like this game, I'll also be posting my reason.

I like this game because when you finished all the storyline quests that only like 20% of the game, you have to get good gear, unlock all achievements and much more. My main point is it barely gets boring, and if it does I just call a friend over to play 2p on hard challenges that I couldn't normally do by myself.

So thanks Trendy for making such an awesome game!

I like this game because I like Tower Defense games and I like hack and slash games. I like the co-op aspect of this game though I must admit that at times it is a double edged sword, (Did I lose the challenge because I can't physically do it by myself or because I suck?)

I don't like it. It's just cast a horrible spell on me to keep playing it. Also, the challenge of the game was fun.

I like it for the Rpg aspect and the TD parts. But it has its flaws like other mmorpgs, its not challenging enough. I get the whole "make it good enough for the "average" player" but they need a more challenging aspect to it so it's not always beat it once and thats it. Sure the first time is awesome and you feel good about it, but then after that, all you're doing after is farming. They should try and add a difficulty where you have a high chance of losing from small mistakes everytime. That would be pretty awesome, but other than that its a pretty sweet game.

warping core and assault on insane were very challenging. But i agree with sk8rbros, the core maps that came with the game weren't challenging enough. The DLC map is a pretty challenging run, as we have been reevaluating our tower builds and preparing for another hard run.

Which is another aspect of it's challenge. About the only way to make it challenging is to get as many people as you can with you, cuz then repairs can become a bit hectic.

Aside from that, I really like this game for it's replayability (contradictory in a way). When you beat a map, it's a little fun to go back and come up with crazy strategies that you don't expect to work. For example, putting bowling balls behind the side doors near the ogre, up at the very top. They do steal shoot, and it's really fun to watch them bounce all over the place. or doing something like bowling balls only (solo, i was able to get past alchemical lab on insane setting up with some cheap stuff to block the routes first wave, then replacing with bowling balls). The rpg elements are nice as well, but i'm more of a tower defense type person anyhow. Lastly, the coop, which is the only true reason why we bought the game after playing the demo. I don't play many single player games

the mix of tower defense + hero based. upgrading is awesome. always new loot to find. decent assortment of enemies. maps are fun. replay value is awesome. multiplayer (online) is amazing - it's a game you can easily join into any game with your friends (as opposed to waiting until they're done like in other games). it's easy to host online. dlc will (hopefully) keep the game fresh.

that's it for now. :apprentice:

I've always liked level-grinding, hack and slash RPG's (Diablo, Sacred, Borderlands). This is the first TD I've really enjoyed, they aren't interactive enough (hence the reason I HATE pure strat mode)

This game truly makes you think (or search youtube) for the proper layout to beat levels. When I lose a level it frustrates me but makes me get creative and think more. Most games take you by the hand and walk you through it but this one actually challenges you to think and plan.

I'm not addicted to DunDef, it's addicted to me! it keeps calling all hours of the night. Wakes me up early. Keeps me up late. BAH! I've tried to shun her but she's a fickle beast and won't allow it. Soooo needy and wanting. insane this, challenge that, upgrade me, play me.....it never stops. All I wanted was a quickie with a tower defence game and instead I got DunDef. Now she's pregnant with 8 characters and I guess I'll have to marry her. and upgrade her. Oh well, at least I can share her with friends! LOL

I'm not addicted to DunDef, it's addicted to me! it keeps calling all hours of the night. Wakes me up early. Keeps me up late. BAH! I've tried to shun her but she's a fickle beast and won't allow it. Soooo needy and wanting. insane this, challenge that, upgrade me, play me.....it never stops. All I wanted was a quickie with a tower defence game and instead I got DunDef. Now she's pregnant with 8 characters and I guess I'll have to marry her. and upgrade her. Oh well, at least I can share her with friends! LOL

Best. Post. Ever.

If I could sticky a single post, this would be it.