Which Bow/Gun Weapon do you use?

OK i've been testing some different types of weapons out (at the cost of billions sadly i don't export to open)

And i was wondering. Which have ya'll found to be the best?

I have tried the bone bow (didn't like it much Limited pierce and low damage hit)

I have dried the dragon gun (liked a lot but did not liek fire immune spiders)

And i have settled on the disc gun (can't seem to find a 200^ disc gun sadly..makes me cry)

The disc gun with it's pierce seems to be far and away the best weapon i have tried. Do you guys have different opinions?

I use a bone bow, but I'm trying to keep my eye out for a good disc thrower.

(If you've got one that's only Godly with 50^, but is otherwise awesome, I'll totally take it off your hands)

I use a bone bow, but I'm trying to keep my eye out for a good disc thrower.

(If you've got one that's only Godly with 50^, but is otherwise awesome, I'll totally take it off your hands)

sorry i trash everything less than 190^

MACHINE GUN! I named her Sasha and she is my baby. 19472 damage 223^ maxed. My favorite weapon however is the flame thrower because not only is it cool but it is a good weapon, it is hard to find a good one though and i beleive you can only upgrade damage by 30 per upgrade. That my friend is what makes me sad. =(

sorry i trash everything less than 190^

Hey, I'll take one of those too. 50^ would just be the minimum I'd take. 70, 90, 110...all better.

I just haven't seen one with more than 27^ and NONE with decent stats (no more than a +8 in anything and damage always under 75).

OK i've been testing some different types of weapons out (at the cost of billions sadly i don't export to open)

And i was wondering. Which have ya'll found to be the best?

I have tried the bone bow (didn't like it much Limited pierce and low damage hit)

I have dried the dragon gun (liked a lot but did not liek fire immune spiders)

And i have settled on the disc gun (can't seem to find a 200^ disc gun sadly..makes me cry)

The disc gun with it's pierce seems to be far and away the best weapon i have tried. Do you guys have different opinions?

The best huntress weapon now seems to be situational. Depends if you are playing insane or nightmare, survival or challenges, and what type.

Disk shooters are among the highest single target DPS right now. But that is split across two disks. Best single shot is the minigun of course, at 10 sps. The CT is still the best for clearing a group - better than the new beetle bow (which pieces one mob to hit a second).

I have about a level 250^ gun of each type, and use them based on situation. If you can only get and use one, however, I'd go with a high physical damage and stay away from elemental weapons. You can't go wrong with the disk shooter, which is a mix of spread shot and high dps. But the CT and minigun are on the extreme ranges of single and group target dps. Stay away from the beetle bow (CT is more useful and same level 250^ gun will give you higher dps with CT than with the Beetle).

If you are playing insane, for example on UMF/2, and want an ogre killer, a dragon gun is a good choice. Very high dps (ogres on insane are not elemental resistant like they are on nightmare). If doing nightmare, I'd go with the minigun (since you need to range the 'very dangerous' mobs and don't want your shots to disperse with a disc shooter).

So...again...depends on your situation. But for nightmare, dps is less crucial for UMF2 than tower dmg anyway. You need super-high tower stats, with the right guardian combination, and a decent dps stat (for cleanup) to handle those.

Good luck! Hope that helps.

I will be testing out my fully upped 253 bone bow today at some point. On the dummy it pulls only about 30 percent more than my 180 ^ disc gun was pulling and that makes me sad. I would think with the lack of pierce it would pull more. I'll report later on how it works in the HCMMNM i do

Someone was nice enough to give me this Mythical mini gun. Is it worth investing upgrades into for after I hit level 74 (currently 73 and struggling in Nightmare). Right now I'm using a Nightmare Blasticus that's been upped 70 times already.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965361149/screenshot/614972449769878517?tab=public

the lack of reload makes me say no. and it's not worth investing all the mana when there's better out there if you check shops.

I just upgraded my 235 disc shooter last night, was extremely happy with the dps output...a solid 1,120,000 dps without using special, and 1,600,000 using special. Very excited to try UMF2 with it.

I'll post pics tonight.

I just upgraded my 235 disc shooter last night, was extremely happy with the dps output...a solid 1,120,000 dps without using special, and 1,600,000 using special. Very excited to try UMF2 with it.

I'll post pics tonight.

That is almost 40 percent more dps than my 235 disc gun. How much hero attack do you have?

I will be testing out my fully upped 253 bone bow today at some point. On the dummy it pulls only about 30 percent more than my 180 ^ disc gun was pulling and that makes me sad. I would think with the lack of pierce it would pull more. I'll report later on how it works in the HCMMNM i do

Well the 253 bone bow pulls about 700k Dps. It works great for nightmare summit (found it more useful than my 235 Disc gun) .
My 235 Disc gun pulls bout the same dps. I'm not sure how people are getting 1.4 Million dps. i have around 1300 Hero Damage (and 90 percent physical mit in nightmare) and i don't get anywhere near those kinds of numbers

That is almost 40 percent more dps than my 235 disc gun. How much hero attack do you have?

Not sure off the top of my head, around 1700?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sutar/screenshot/595832860107180113?tab=public

There's my character

ya your running with 600 higher attack...and i thought i had pretty good gear ROFL...though i've noticed your HP are significantly less than mine.

Does the male hunter hit harder than the female?
other than that nice gear!...maybe i'll start dropping a touch of HP for more hero attack but i am having trouble staying alive as it is heh...

ya your running with 600 higher attack...and i thought i had pretty good gear ROFL...though i've noticed your HP are significantly less than mine.

other than that nice gear!...maybe i'll start dropping a touch of HP for more hero attack but i am having trouble staying alive as it is heh...

That hp is in normal mode not nightmare, nightmare its about 19k. But as long as towers are setup right staying alive shouldnt be hard with the dps output

Also having aura tower spec monk helps for DEW.

ya i was looking at your hero health stat not the actual number. I have 1 of everything lol with 12 lvl 74's...but on most maps i do not drop str drain or healing aura's as we save those DU's for more damage output. so far the only thing kicking our butt is the spider boss but we think we may have a strat for her.

Lol my theory is "they cant kill you if they dead".

Also dont discount monks their heal and Strength drain with auras make up for the one or 2 defences you cant put up and slows with save you more than not

Just finished the game with a lvl 62 huntress (yeah, I took my time) and used my 20 mil on:
a) 2 mil - a disc thrower with 55 ups, ~100 base damage, 4sps, ~200 clip size and +4 reload.
b) 18 mil - upgrading it as much as possible.
it probably wasn't the best use of mana, but it spiked my dps from 6,000 to 60,000, as well as having the pierce (previous weapon was a random bow I found) and a much better stat bonus. currently at 46/55 and only 130 points total in damage (my highest actually, lol) so there's still a long way to go.