Barbarian/Series EV, seperate DLC or part of Shards of Eternia?

Anyone know if it's been stated that the new characters will be part of the upcoming Shards of Eternia releases or standalone DLC? Any overviews of the new chars?

Please no Trendy corporate conspiracy posts/bashing. Thanks.

Probably their own DLC or they might come as a combo like they did with the shards DLC. As of now Trendy havent said anything besides the release month and unless they state something, we dont know.

they did? when is it going to be released?

Last I heard, Barbarian was slated for some time in January, and Series EV for February.

Edit: I can't find the post that said this. In fact, everything I find says November and December of last year, which obviously didn't happen.

I'd wager it's a seperate thing, being an entire class and all.

If Part 1 is the first DLC to actually be segregated and require you to purchase it to even join the game (from what I remember hearing, not 100% sure if that's true), then forcing Barbarian upon the same standard would ruin the entire game potentially, not just limit one map.

If it's set up like that DLC example, then it might set up where you can't join anybody's game who has access to Barbarian, or using Barbarian, or anybody that has it can't join you or would cause your game to crash if they did since you have no access to that class' files to let it be "seen" on your end in any way, even if you're playing the original maps the game came with.

hmmm I just checked and I'm either misremembering or the DLC description has been changed since release

the game is exelent but , really , the DLC is getting out of hand , too many of them :<

thats the Only to survive today for devs ... ( if they dont have some Millions of dollar to make a game )

The Publisher help them out ... ( they get alot of the sales ) the engine produces ( Epic games gets 25% alone ! ) then some more fees based on the value they get from the buys ... steam gets a part ... and and and ... they get like 20% of the money they actually make or even less...

How do you dodge it ? only way you have alot of Millions in the Pocket and your own great game engine then you can Possible dodge...

Maybe they will be free....

and maybe I'll inherit 20,000,000 from some aunt I've never even heard of. It's possible, right?