Does any 1 play still?

Hey guys
The name says it all, It seems to be harder and harder to find games. What are peak times, because I seem to miss them. It seems that there are nothing but people farming items and afk shops. I would hate to see the game go down due to lack of players. :o) k done ranting

Most people are in private game due to many reasons, few of them:
- Game is punishing you instead of rewarding when playing with more player
- they are sick of kicking
- they are sick of being kicked
- the lack of join filter (lvl 1 joining nightmare game, because can't set "only 74s")
- the lack of proper game they can join (and create private then instead public)

I play private matches or with friends. With private matches I use two characters (I use my USB controller and KB+M) and I get tired of waiting for people to join. Also, friends are fun to play with.

According to steam there's about 8k people playing right now which is pretty much the normal. I would go more towards it's the holidays and what ceemeeir said about private games. A lot of people switch to private games.

I've played one pick-up game in Ranked when I first started and was "yelled at" for picking up a single green item when the floor was already starting to fade the extra items. Then I read about people getting kicked for being sub-par, etc. and realized there's basically no point in playing pick-up without using the forums to match up particular builds, strategies, etc. before-hand.

Since then I only play private games, and it's been pretty rare, actually. Been loosely following ceemeeir's "Loot guide for Dummies" to some moderate success.

I don't even check the open Ranked games anymore, and can't be bothered with shops, either. Won't touch Open with a ten-foot pole.

basically 1.14 happened and then Christmas. Basically, i didn't get a AAA title for Christmas and i just dont give a damn about the lack of tower defence in the game and the stupidly high gear grinding, because Orcs must die is a simpler more fun action tower defense and ANY mmo is a better loot experience

Most people are in private game due to many reasons, few of them:
- Game is punishing you instead of rewarding when playing with more player
- they are sick of kicking
- they are sick of being kicked
- the lack of join filter (lvl 1 joining nightmare game, because can't set "only 74s")
- the lack of proper game they can join (and create private then instead public)

- game is only punishing you if you have people who cannot carry their own weight. i enjoy the game MUCH more with friends than alone Oo
- kicking/being only happened to me once. i kicked an afkler who tried to leech on nightmare challenges... i do read alot about it though on the forums. as stated from me before, the game really NEEDS a Chat-Lobby to make/organize matches better. forums are just bad for this :)
- i agree on the last two things too. a join filter would probally deal with over 70% of the "kick/kicking-issue" :)

I strongly suggest joining a community for the game. There are some out there which accept pretty much everyone (from what ive read).

No big surprise that people are leaving. Nothing is of value to other players anymore except NM MM survival gear with 200^. Mythics with 100^ are going for under 5mil. To upgrade that same gear costs a billion mana or more, and at 5 million a run for most good mana/hour missions who wants to do that? But yet that same gear is pretty much required to survive in NM content.

Also towers are generally useless compared to the ability to pull 1+ million dps with a hero damage character thanks to spiders, lightning resistant mobs (for the monk), and the HP scaling of mobs when you add multiple people to the group.

NM destroyed any kind of progression the game had and it's starting to hit the player-base hard. Most people can hit 74 without ever upgrading a piece of gear, run some missions for mana, buy a full set of 100-200 upgrade mythics, and then not be able to run a single mission that would give them better gear. Even in solo play they can just jump into one of the easier nightmare missions, clear the first wave or two a few times, and have mythics with 100^. Still they have hundreds of hours of farming if they want to upgrade that gear to clear anything with better gear. There is no progression in that, just a big wall.

Hopefully Trendy fixes some of this in one of their frequent patches, because otherwise it's looking like a sinking ship.

NM destroyed any kind of progression the game had and it's starting to hit the player-base hard.

IMHO, this is only partially true. Progression istn alone about gear, its about achieving something and beating the game too. I Dont see where NM destroyed the progression at all, it even gave more to progress too...

Sure it is hard to get your hands on decent stuff to beat the "bigger" stuff on NM, but hey, its something you can work too. If you dont want to invest time into it, i dont think NM is suited at all for you.

No, it's very, VERY easy to get decent gear. The market is flooded with 200+ upgrade mythics with good stats and prices continue to drop. The supply of items far exceeds the demand so they become cheaper and cheaper. So, the players end up getting gear that is so far above what they can farm that there is no way they will see that little green icon when clearing anything. At this point, beating the content of the game consists of nothing more than finding a way to upgrade the gear that cost almost nothing to obtain.

At this point insane becomes easy because of the base stats of the gear, and NM is still impossible beyond a few waves (and that gear is worth 1-2mil per drop, which is getting very close to vendor price).

Unfortunately, that leaves grinding maps for no reason other than mana. That is the point where I say progression breaks. There is no reason to do maps to slowly improve your gear. The gear is worth little, even to other players. Instead you are farming mana to pay the NPC to make your easily obtainable gear into something that allows you to clear the rest of the content.

No, it's very, VERY easy to get decent gear. The market is flooded with 200+ upgrade mythics with good stats and prices continue to drop. The supply of items far exceeds the demand so they become cheaper and cheaper. So, the players end up getting gear that is so far above what they can farm that there is no way they will see that little green icon when clearing anything. At this point, beating the content of the game consists of nothing more than finding a way to upgrade the gear that cost almost nothing to obtain.

At this point insane becomes easy because of the base stats of the gear, and NM is still impossible beyond a few waves (and that gear is worth 1-2mil per drop, which is getting very close to vendor price).

Unfortunately, that leaves grinding maps for no reason other than mana. That is the point where I say progression breaks. There is no reason to do maps to slowly improve your gear. The gear is worth little, even to other players. Instead you are farming mana to pay the NPC to make your easily obtainable gear into something that allows you to clear the rest of the content.

Relying on others to farm your items is NOT progression.

IMO that $2 fire sale was a last ditch effort to lure in players' wallets (and suckers who are inevitably going to plunk down $ for the DLCs thinking they can actually "play" them) before the big names (TL2, D3, SW) hit and consume the already fading player base.