Sign in to follow this  
Kodiak_B

Aura Strength

Change it back to 100%, leave the range as it is, but its impossible to do some maps with a Strength Aura that wont go below 56%

Auras are hard to keep up now you need at least 1000 points into tower health tower attack and tower range to be some what of use with the new hardcore armors you can get the but to get those armors you need to be able to play with a full team and than be able to get far and it takes a very long time. Knowing trendy they will nerf the new loot drop making it harder to get auras to the point they are usefull if auras and traps dont get another nerf so far they been nerf low wouldnt suprise me if they got nerf to the ground. Making all the work go to the toilet again.

I am having more problems with their life. I just skipped using them, because it is impossible to keep them up.

If you have a monk, the tower boost will heal auras. It's especially effective on NM because of their small hp - you can often heal them extremely fast.

If you have a monk, the tower boost will heal auras. It's especially effective on NM because of their small hp - you can often heal them extremely fast.

It takes <1 second to heal them from 0 to max.
It is just not possible to be there for all auras, and kill spiders, and dodge DEW, go for ogres, upgrade.

It's obvious that trendy is balancing around hackers... the only ones who are in the top survival misty gear are hackers and they're the only ones who have auras worth a damn now.

It's obvious that trendy is balancing around hackers... the only ones who are in the top survival misty gear are hackers and they're the only ones who have auras worth a damn now.

Try reading ceemeeir loot progresion around page 11 you dont need to hack to get good enough equipment, people are using his guide on hardcore Endless spire to get armors 100+ and weapons on the 100+. However if you dont want to do much thats up to you but with endless spire armors and weapons you can easily do mistymire in hardcore with your friends. Than with the you can move on to hardcore survival it just takes time.

True! Nothing else.

Try reading ceemeeir loot progresion around page 11 you dont need to hack to get good enough equipment, people are using his guide on hardcore Endless spire to get armors 100+ and weapons on the 100+. However if you dont want to do much thats up to you but with endless spire armors and weapons you can easily do mistymire in hardcore with your friends. Than with the you can move on to hardcore survival it just takes time.

You really believe this?

In 100^ armors the max you can get is around 600 tower stats across the board. And this would require a PERFECT set for this upgrade levels — you won't get those from a couple of runs, more like a hundred. To upgrade this set and get another 500 tower attack you'll need 1B mana. To make it more viable you'll need a pet and a tower weapon. Want to upgrade them? Another 1B or more.

Rince and repeat. And it involves A LOT of farming and A LOT of mana. It just takes time? It takes A LOT of time — that's the way it is. A lot of boring time with DCs, random crystal deaths and bugs.

Cemeeir did a great job showing how to start on Nightmare and get your first set. The progression after you get it is freaking broken.

And from what I see in Trendy's patches — MrButton is right. It's like they spotted a lot of full Misty-geared hackers/glitch abusers and decided that everything's fine and even too good, so we need a nerf. Or maybe 10. It's like they actually encourage to hack/abuse glitches right after DLC release. And just spit on everyone who missed the chance.

Maybe your right but you cant do much about it this is how the game has been from the start nerf after nerf than some buff than ultra nerf nothing new. I remenber been able to do everything with just a tower squire when the game was first out but either you adapt to it or dont bother with it. Trendy has nerf many things already and people are doing ok ofcourse now we have a harder time with things but thats how its been. Trendy has for the most part always over nerf things nothing new.

I don't understand this thread at all, I use auras on every map I play. And I don't even have 500 tower health, I got around 400-500 health/rate/range and 950~ strength. I don't see any problem keeping them alive at all, assuming you don't go afk. Or perhaps try and solo NM glitter or something. Even then I doubt auras getting killed would be your main problem.

I don't understand this thread at all, I use auras on every map I play. And I don't even have 500 tower health, I got around 400-500 health/rate/range and 950~ strength. I don't see any problem keeping them alive at all, assuming you don't go afk. Or perhaps try and solo NM glitter or something. Even then I doubt auras getting killed would be your main problem.

Let me guess, you're talking about campaign mode? Try survivals with these stats. You'll be surprized what 5K mobs can do to your auras, what five 8M ogres can do to your blocks even under your strength drain and how fast your aura will disappear when there's 30 mobs inside it — and that's a usual thing for survivals, constant presence of 30+ mobs in your slow/str drain combo.

Let me guess, you're talking about campaign mode? Try survivals with these stats. You'll be surprized what 5K mobs can do to your auras, what five 8M ogres can do to your blocks even under your strength drain and how fast your aura will disappear when there's 30 mobs inside it — and that's a usual thing for survivals.

Yes, str drain isn't godmode like it used to be. Otherwise nightmare would be no challenge at all.

Survival doesn't drain auras any faster than campaign mode, nearly every map hits the mob limit at a time. Unless you're throwing auras way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, they're fine with 500 tower hp and upgrades. Especially now that they're smaller, they last even longer and still cover main key points. If you're playing solo, you will be spending more time repairing, but its hardly unmanageable unless you have 10 in hero speed and get run down by a spider in 2 seconds, especially with the crazy repair rate in nightmare. And yes, I do survival with my 550 tower hp monk.

Strength drain isn't what it used to be though. Useful situationally, but no longer makes your defenses invincible and aren't worth using in all circumstances now. Ratiowise, you'll get more distance out of using spiked barricades over magical barriers + str drain a lot of the time, though the latter for stripping is still huge and can even be used behind actual walls for that. Alternatively, in small maps like Alch Labs, its probably better put towards damage towers to keep mob counts down (extending the life of your auras), and dropping enemies faster.

They aren't what they are in other modes, but they're still insanely strong. Just try a new strategy, aura + inferno with good stats isn't auto-win any round AFK anymore.

Yes, str drain isn't godmode like it used to be. Otherwise nightmare would be no challenge at all.

Survival doesn't drain auras any faster than campaign mode, nearly every map hits the mob limit at a time. Unless you're throwing auras way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, they're fine with 500 tower hp and upgrades. Especially now that they're smaller, they last even longer and still cover main key points. If you're playing solo, you will be spending more time repairing, but its hardly unmanageable unless you have 10 in hero speed and get run down by a spider in 2 seconds, especially with the crazy repair rate in nightmare. And yes, I do survival with my 550 tower hp monk.

Strength drain isn't what it used to be though. Useful situationally, but no longer makes your defenses invincible and aren't worth using in all circumstances now. Ratiowise, you'll get more distance out of using spiked barricades over magical barriers + str drain a lot of the time, though the latter for stripping is still huge and can even be used behind actual walls for that. Alternatively, in small maps like Alch Labs, its probably better put towards damage towers to keep mob counts down (extending the life of your auras), and dropping enemies faster.

They aren't what they are in other modes, but they're still insanely strong. Just try a new strategy, aura + inferno with good stats isn't auto-win any round AFK anymore.

I can't imagine how you can handle 4 ogres on one barricade without a strength drain. And that's a real example from my last NM MM Alco run — ogres just decided to spawn this way on wave 20. And there are other ogres around. And it's wave 20 — DEWs are walking^w warping around like there's no slow/blocks, you can't just stand there and repair. And you have a very tiny spot from where you can repair w/o getting smashed at once by those 4 ogres. I don't know honestly... To make it clear: I have 1200 tower atk and 500-600 other stats monk and mage, 1100 tower HP squire. And I use towers, not auras/traps. I'm not that stubborn to keep trying to make ele/inferno combos to kill things for me ^^

But back on topic. The real question for me is: if you nerfed strength drain to the point when it's just ok then what's the reason to keep it so low on HP? Or vice versa. It looks like the NM nerf to auras is based on electro tbh :D And electros are very situational now which is a good thing if you ask me. And snares are kinda fine this way. But str drain became way too weak IMO. Not only in terms of actual strength reduction, but in complex — low HP, small coverage (mobs easily shoot while staying outside of it), weak debuff... together it seems too much of a nerf for me.

Let me guess, you're talking about campaign mode? Try survivals with these stats. You'll be surprized what 5K mobs can do to your auras, what five 8M ogres can do to your blocks even under your strength drain and how fast your aura will disappear when there's 30 mobs inside it — and that's a usual thing for survivals, constant presence of 30+ mobs in your slow/str drain combo.

Well, I havn't tried all maps in MM survival yet, but a few. And the big maps can sometimes get stressful, but that's easily fixed by just playing with a friend. Or gamepad chars placed all over the map just for repairing.(It's quite hard in the begining multitasking like that, but works great when you get used to it)

Again, glitteringhelm is probably the worst on that part. But maps like Alchemy labs, Hall of court, Castle Armoryt and Ramparts is quite simple when it comes to keeping auras up. You just gotta spend all your free time doing just that, don't bother dpsing cause it's not worth it in my experience.