TrendyE, attention!

Greetings TrendyEnt',

I can't find any other post on the forum about this, so i thought i should start it!

First off I whant to point out that this post is NOT about the game, but about the forum only; So i ask kindly to NOT reply on this post if you dont have any FACTUAL to say about what i am going to talk about on this post. Thanks.

Trendy, you have done a nice job on the forum, actualy, its one of the best looking forum i have seen and its esay to find answer on the things I am wondering about.

But, there is something you guys need to start do something about. Yes, the forum is not doing its job;

The way ppl talk to other ppl, how they behaive, and how they point out that "he is hacking" or "she is noob", needs to stop. Its not nice at all to spend time on this forum, when you can see all those players behaive like they do...

Players "scream" for the forums admin's to step in and do something, but nothing happens, nothing.

You guys should get yourself a steadier forum, whit more administrator's. You have the responsibility of an public forum TE, and thats a VERY seriosly job!

I hope you do something to stop the way members on this forum behaive's (and i am not only talking about the players, i am talking about the staff too...), this cant continue!

Regards,
TheSuperMar10

This a joke?

Just want to confirm that you are openly saying that all TE admins/devs and moderators aren't doing their job?

No, if you feel that i ment you are not doing your job, then i am sorry for my mistaken words!

What i mean, as i said, this FORUM is not doing its job! The meaning behind that is, that the point of a forum is that players can share experiance whit other players, and help each ohter out, and ofc, thats happening here to, but there is MUCH of the opposite happening too!

This post is not a post where i am pointing out any spesiffic person that are doing a bad job, or anyone at all for that mather, its just a post off worry, about this forum and how players is treated by other players!

FACTS:

People are hacking.
Hackers are coming to the forums and trying to pass themselves off as legitimate players.
Legitimate players hate the impact hackers have on their game.

Where does that leave you?

Yes "Screech", the forums are a very negitive place for such a outstadning game. Its not only players "hating" on other players, its players "hating" on TE... almoast all i can see is threads whit "oh bad update TE" or "oh something hacked"... There is nothing like "Oh, great jobb on the new DLC TE", or something like "Greetings everyone, let me help you whit the new maps"!

No, its almoast just hate and more hate on everyone...

"accelerator"; This post is about the forum, not the game, so as I said plz take this to a thread where you can talk about hackers on the forum's. This is about EVERY1 on the forum, if they are dentist or hackers!

OK provide an example because to me what you're saying is people like IHateFacebook should never be called out and everyone should have just said "Yes Sir, you are great this game".

No, i dont mean that!

Its nice you say that, cuz i dont whant anyone to misunderstand me!:)

Let me put it this way, lets say there is comming out a new map, witch is in everyone's eyes "impossible", but you, you are the first to finnish it, and no one else have done it. Not even close! They dont know how to do it. They think they do, but still its WAY to impossible.

Then you post on forums "look look, i did it, and see what i found"! You are happy, ofc you are, and you whant to share the experiance whit us! Maybe even help out?!

But then I am comming, and 100 ohters, posting on your thread that you are a cheater, that map is impossible! and that loot you got from it, well, the loot you say you got from it, IS HACKED!

You see the point?! Just think about it, what would you feel then?! You are the only one who have done the map, and you know how the loot is! but still, ppl think you are a hacker and hate you..

You see, thats the thing, ppl should not take things that esay!

If this is going to spiral into a flame war it'll be closed quick smart.

Keep this civil. Supermar10, what is your suggestion to fix this issue?

My suggestion, as i said in the first post, is to get more administrators on this forum that works whit looking true threads and keep things clean, like any other forum's!

"Where should TE get the administrators, TheSuperMar10?"

Well, they should do it like they do on any other forums, get them from the members! Who would say yes to the opetinity to be administrator of the forum, of such fantastic game?!

This a joke?

Just want to confirm that you are openly saying that all TE admins/devs and moderators aren't doing their job?

To be honest, I've seen several cynical and condesending comments from 'blue' named moderators then I expected. It took me a moment to realize they are not directly working for TE, but not all folks would see this and feel offended by many of the comments. For the most part the TE posts have been politically correct, but this forum itself has indeed delved into a complaint/flame-fest. I rarely go beyond the patch notes or guides forum anymore due to this.

Yeah, i think they dont know how important a forum is. The forum is as much a part of the game, as the game itself, if the forum is bad, then few play, if its good, more plays!

I just wanted to point out that I receive about 20 emails a day from these forums specific to "Report Post". There is an icon below the users name "Report Post".

Yes, we do close Spam threads (had at least 8 emails about that). We do delete post. We do/can edit post that have inappropriate comments/exploits/hacking programs/etc. We also ban users.

The moderators (blue text like mine is) are not being paid to look at each post to pass judgment. If you are offended by someone comment report the post, and post why in the comment box.

Each user has an option to put other forum users on ignore. this will prevent you from directly seeing any post of that person.

I'd also like to note I spend 10-12 hours browsing the forums and keep them clean... daily

There is too much for us atm and I know the team is looking for more admins but it takes some time. I do not see many people who are active, positive (most of the time ;)), and readily available to help =\

Ill be honest, i think this is most certainly has something to do with recent events. Inwhich, it was 100% a cheater passing off as a legit player, even admitting his acts of cheating, on this game and several others, proof that he was altering items in Ranked Mode.

This for the biggest part of the community is pretty much a massive insult and a kick in the gonads. people feel genuinly robbed of a clean game. these people destroys games in a big way.
Personaly i wasnt to nice to the poster, but i tryed my best to keep it civil. I facepalmed so much over a blatent hacker trying to convince several people he doesnt cheat, then eventually admitting to it.

This one incident was rare imo, and im pretty sure its being/been dealt with, no sign of the troll for now.
But i think the Mods do as good as they possibly can, and they should be given some credit.
You cant say this forum is that bad, look at League of Legends forums or WoW.. they are 10 times worse in every single way it possibly can be.

How many gaming forums do you see the devs getting involved and interacting with the community like in DD? I love that, it makes DD forums better than most others.

As for that guy... I do not know why the other mod didn't delete or ban him but I removed him and his alt accounts for the forums

As for that, report it and u get an email automatically, then I'll be there swiftly with my mystical ban hammer ;)

INC WALL OF TEXT.

Then you post on forums "look look, i did it, and see what i found"! You are happy, ofc you are, and you whant to share the experiance whit us! Maybe even help out?!

Because chances are you're a cheater. Especially when you clear a map that should take a while in like 1/5th the time. You want to see what I mean? Go to your crystal in the tavern, select to view your statistics, go to leaderboards, and then stand in awe at the unrealistic scores, then come on here and tell people they shouldn't call "cheater" when one of them posts. There are clears of 18 minutes of 25-30 waves on some maps making the top scores. Now if you can make it on the leaderboard by joining in the last wave, that's all fine and dandy, but should you be SCORING HIGHER than people who spend 5 hours on survival who do the entire 25 waves when you were only present for like -18 minutes-? Then you have someone come on who says they cleared the HARDEST content in under 2 hours and got the best loot in game. All I can say is SOUNDS LEGIT. Not only that, but they claimed to have attempted it dozens of times. The content had just been released. I've looked into all these cheating methods to see how they do it and attempt to help Trendy fix them. It is NOT hard to cheat, and it's not even hard to cheat and get away with it (avoiding VAC bans that is). That, coupled with a very difficult end game mode (Nightmare and now with Hardcore) makes it very appealing to some to cheat to clear it all. Cheat all you want. It doesn't affect most people because unlike a game like WoW (or any MMO), your clearing of the content and obtaining that gear doesn't impact my game unless I choose to allow it... but the moment you start bragging about how pro you are because you cleared that content with cheated methods, you've crossed over the line and can go die in a fire.

Yeah, i think they dont know how important a forum is. The forum is as much a part of the game, as the game itself, if the forum is bad, then few play, if its good, more plays!

I'd also like to point out majority of any game players do not frequent forums or other means of chat. I don't see 500k+ people registered here yet they've sold many more copies than that.

Why are so many people obsessed with cheaters? After ~500 hours of playing, it's never had any impact on my life. If people want to let them hack, let them do so. It's not like the PvP has become a big part of this game yet, so what people get up and arms about basically amounts to people cheating at solitaire. Life's not fair, and there are tons of scenarios where people have unfair advantages. If someone's silly enough to post while blatantly cheating(and provable), report the player and move on. There are so many illegal items floating around in this game now, I wouldn't be surprised to find half of the regular players have some sort of player generated item, which is why I suspect trendy hasn't been liberal with their banning.

I personally think trendy's been doing a great job in moderating. Heck, even the developers and founders of the game jump in to post updates and address player concerns in forum. What other game does that? The only thing you could do to make things cordial is to either tighten up the rules of the forum, or create more categories...but I'm against this. I enjoy the freedom and range of topics, and can easily ignore the flamewars. I do think people need to learn to post complaints in the support forum, so perhaps a warning system needs to be implemented for this.

you mods are doing a fine job :) side note think u can sticky my next give away? :P

The mods are doing their jobs of filtering out what needs to be. This is also general discussion after all about dungeon defenders. Why should it be limited and capped off to only happy happy merry go round?

I can only say that I doubt you've ever been to forums for other games if you think that forums are a positive place. In general forums are a place where people who love a game express their displeasure about parts of the game that they don't like. This starts out as suggestions of ways to improve but degrades into frustration and anger eventually for those who feel like their feedback is being ignored.

If you are looking for help and guides there's some of that in these forums as well, but it is not located here in General it is located in the Guides or Class forums.

This a joke?

He might not have said it. But I will come out and say it. The forum needs some help in the moderation department. That is just being honest. The game is growing and hopefully the staff will grow to meet it.

Edit: I've seen too many technical questions go without an official reply.

He might not have said it. But I will come out and say it. The forum needs some help in the moderation department. That is just being honest. The game is growing and hopefully the staff will grow to meet it.

Edit: I've seen too many technical questions go without an official reply.

Your not asking for more moderators then, you're asking for more developers/admins. They are the only people that give official responses.