Is vac banning in open?

I believe VAC is activated in Open too, making you only able to play Local incase you get VAC banned.

If you use a program to hack the game, Open or Ranked, you can get VAC banned. TE won't ban you but VAC will and does detect the programs people use and delay ban them...

Do not assume doing it on Open will not get you banned.

VAC is for both Ranked and Open. VAC watches for things like memory editors and cheat engines that go beyond the games limitations. These programs usually do things that wouldn't be possible by any means. VAC bans happen in waves so even people who are using them today thinking they won't get caught since they haven't gotten a warning...probably will be VAC banned from the game when VAC decides to.

VAC bans are different than Trendy bans which can go off things like player reports of people who have weapons and armor that have +500 in every stat. After a Trendy ban you can no longer connect to Ranked but can still play on Open/Local. A VAC ban though will no longer let you play DD on that Steam account.

Note however modified items are only ban-able in Ranked(by Trendy), items not gotten by normal means. In Open/Local anyone can create ultimate weapons/mana/etc just using the dev kit normally so thus you can't be banned for having a weapon that does 5000000 damage in Open/Local. Unless of course you used a program outside the game to do this then you're doing something that you shouldn't. So if you play within the limitations set by Trendy you will have a pleasant adventure in DD.

Ok so basicly i am going to be banned... I just want to know if there is anyway i can stop this. It seems kind of unfair snce the development kit wasnt around when i did that.

If VAC noticed you using a program to do this then yea there's a chance you'll get banned. How VAC truly works is a complete secret though so no one would be able to say for sure. Deleting your characters though won't do anything since VAC is watching your computer and not your ingame items/characters. VAC was also added the same time the dev kit was added. Since you said you did this before there was a dev kit, VAC wasn't ingame yet. So you may have dodged a bullet. For the curious though, VAC bans are rarely rarely rarely rarely rarely lifted.

Well, Vac wasn't enabled till after the development kit was released. If you hacked before the DDDK was released and haven't since, then you are still ok.

If you want to edit items, do it in LOCAL and THEN connect to open after your programs used to do such are closed. If you edited items while connected to open, then only Trendy can say whether VAC is active for open and whether you may or may not get banned eventually.

hmm, that's sorta weird... I mean I'd rather Open be well... open to hackers so that maybe they won't hack ranked, that's just my two cents.

I stand corrected (4x's over) :)

VAC is for both Ranked and Open. VAC watches for things like memory editors and cheat engines that go beyond the games limitations. These programs usually do things that wouldn't be possible by any means. VAC bans happen in waves so even people who are using them today thinking they won't get caught since they haven't gotten a warning...probably will be VAC banned from the game when VAC decides to.

VAC bans are different than Trendy bans which can go off things like player reports of people who have weapons and armor that have +500 in every stat. After a Trendy ban you can no longer connect to Ranked but can still play on Open/Local. A VAC ban though will no longer let you play DD on that Steam account.

Note however modified items are only ban-able in Ranked(by Trendy), items not gotten by normal means. In Open/Local anyone can create ultimate weapons/mana/etc just using the dev kit normally so thus you can't be banned for having a weapon that does 5000000 damage in Open/Local. Unless of course you used a program outside the game to do this then you're doing something that you shouldn't. So if you play within the limitations set by Trendy you will have a pleasant adventure in DD.

you can still play with vac banned accounts lol. open only!:) proof is -> get your cs css or cz vac banned go server list and ull see all vac servers have a no U CANT JOIN ***** mark but none vac protected are still accesible:P

"The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries."

Modifying the core .exe / modifying .dll - These are high risks of causing a vac ban

modifying the games memory - I'm sure it's similar to the above

Other minscule things really don't trigger vac bans, although I'm only really familiar with how VAC works with source engine type games, I assume it's the same.. so something like changing your characters skin/modifying your HUD (without using an installer/injector) should be fine

If you ever download a mod that requires an injection/installer, be wary.. a skin shouldn't require that

VAC is only Activated in ranked . in OPEN you can Hack , cheat , mod whatever you want .

"The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries."

Modifying the core .exe / modifying .dll - These are high risks of causing a vac ban

modifying the games memory - I'm sure it's similar to the above

Other minscule things really don't trigger vac bans, although I'm only really familiar with how VAC works with source engine type games, I assume it's the same.. so something like changing your characters skin/modifying your HUD (without using an installer/injector) should be fine

If you ever download a mod that requires an injection/installer, be wary.. a skin shouldn't require that

Yep modifing Memory (cheat engine and so on ) , dll, core Objects of the game can get you Easily banned

Dropping d3d9.dll for like SMAA ( direct X hook ) are Allowed ( if they only Direct X hook ) ( Approved by steam support )

Modifying Texture data and so on is Ok are on Open !

Never use any Mods on Ranked ( each game got different vac settings )

for more questions Pm me